April Satire. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Matthijs
yet, Venezeuala is rebuilding its military to size that it can invade it's neighbors.

You don't really believe that, do you?
By Boondock Saint
You don't really believe that, do you?

It's an interesting question you pose as I am not even sure what TAL meant to say.

Is Venezuela building a military large enough to invade a neighbor or is Venezuela building a large military for the purpose of invading a neighbor?

If the later then I would say TAL is wrong, if he meant the former then I would say 'so what? Most nations have a military large enough to invade a neighbor.'
By Spin
Bout the cartoon trying to say Chavez is a military dictator...

Venezeuala spends 0.9% of their GDP on the military, the US spends 2.4% of its GDP on the military.

Except that Bush doesn't have a millitary force whose primary loyalty is to him. Chavez does.
By SpiderMonkey
Except that Bush doesn't have a millitary force whose primary loyalty is to him. Chavez does.

heh, you nearly had me then, but I realised this is the satire forum.
By Spin
Is that a cheap cop out?

The territorial guard's primary loyalty is to Chavez.
By Ideational Ontarian
Isn't the President of the U.S. also the Commander in Chief of the military? So that would mean Bush has sole command of their loyalty. On the other hand only Congress can declare war and fund operations so you can't really say that Bush has sole control. I'm sure Venezuela has similar provisions in its constitution...
By Ombrageux
yet, Venezeuala is rebuilding its military to size that it can invade it's neighbors.

As opposed to the US, whose military is so big it can invade both hemispheres.
By The American Lion
Isn't the President of the U.S. also the Commander in Chief of the military? So that would mean Bush has sole command of their loyalty. On the other hand only Congress can declare war and fund operations so you can't really say that Bush has sole control. I'm sure Venezuela has similar provisions in its constitution...

Chavez created a system where these check or balances do not work. Also Chavez is a populist. He can screw with the constitution as long the poor (the Majority) goes with him. If the poor want him to become a dictator then he can become a dictator.

I.O. the US military are not loyal to Bush. They are only loyal to the Republic.

That is why you dont see the US military rebel when a different political party takes over government.
By Spin
I'm sure Venezuela has similar provisions in its constitution...

For the military, I'm sure they do, but I don't think so for the territorial guard. And the US' primary loyalty is not to Bush.

Its like the SS and the Wehrmacht in prewar Germany. The territorial guard are the SS and the Venezualan guard are the Wehrmacht.

In that comparison I am only comparing their primary loyalties, nothign else.
By ianulus

...whereas the US is shipping it's soldiers overseas to a size that the remaining troops can't attack one of it's neighbours.
By amjdmg
Einstein dies and goes to heaven but when he gets there, the gates don't just open. Einstein is insulted: "I'm the greatest scientist who ever lived! Why can't you just let met in?" St-Peter answers: "We get tons of people claiming to be Einstein, I'm afraid you'll have to prove." Einstein quickly proves his theory of relativity and is allowed in.
Next up is Picasso, who gets asked the same. He quickly paints a master work and is allowed in.
Next up is president Bush. When he asks why he isn't allowed into heaven at once, St-Peter answers: 'I'm sorry, Mr. Bush, but you'll have to prove your identity, just ike Einstein and Picasso'
'Einstein and Picasso? Who are they?'
'Come in George, come in..'
By Falx
^So that would be the shepherd’s dog that got off it's leash?
By Mecha
(link to the article: Entitlement)
And of course there are the costs of operating the tax system: compliance costs, litigation costs, tax planning distortions, and so on. A few years ago I made an attempt to add up all these burdens. The total was a 65 cent loss for every dollar of taxes collected.

...I just have to wonder how that works.

Falx: Its Cox and Forkum. Just let it go :)

~Mecha
By Ombrageux
65%?

I *really* don't think so.

Even the Germans do better than that.
By Apollos
I *really* don't think so.

Do you live in America? We have more bureaucrats than taxpayers :lol:
By The American Lion
Yeah, ive seen too many pork. Go to West Virginia, almost everything there is named after Senator Robert Byrd.
By Ombrageux
Do you live in America? We have more bureaucrats than taxpayers

I know that's the sort of myth the Right likes to propagate, but really, from this side of the Atlantic, America looks like it has less bureaucracy, red tape and taxation than any industrialized country. (and most developping countries too)

(and, incidentally, America also has worse health care and social mobility than virtually any industrialized country)
By Apollos
I know that's the sort of myth the Right likes to propagate, but really, from this side of the Atlantic, America looks like it has less bureaucracy, red tape and taxation than any industrialized country. (and most developping countries too)

Trust me, I live here, I've dealt with it. And I'm not a Republican either, I have no such agenda.

Absolute horseshit. :lol: https://image[…]

https://twitter.com/UKTired/status/178305497055778[…]

You can't arrest someone for protesting or having[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]