72 Virgins - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By TROI
wtf?
By | I, CWAS |
this piece has got too many things going on for me. It seems like it makes no sense.
By naked_turk
You know the whole 72 virgins thing is a lie, right?
By | I, CWAS |
naked_turk wrote:You know the whole 72 virgins thing is a lie, right?

pretty much everything having the mark of religion is a lie.
By naked_turk
Of course -- I don't believe in any religion -- I was just pointing out that Islam makes no promise of 72 virgins.
By Un Owen
naked_turk wrote:Of course -- I don't believe in any religion -- I was just pointing out that Islam makes no promise of 72 virgins.

I was watching a show on contemporary Islam a while back, and one of the intellectuals taking part in the round-table discussion, stated that it is believed that the notion of '72 virgins' came about through an incorrect interpretation of a word in the Quran. In the time of Mohammed, there was a particularly sweet and rare form of Date that was highly valuable and sought after. If you re-read the passage of the Quran which the Extremists claim promises their adherents '72 virgins', you will see the word/phrase/term/etc., which was back in the 7th Century associated with this Date.

They, and I, believe the whole notion of '72 Virgins' came about because someone did not read the Quran, with its historical nature in mind. By this I mean, that the word for this Date, most likely, in latter years, became associated with 'Virgins' and not the original meaning. The original advocate of the '72 Virgin' thesis, did not read the Quran with history in mind, and instead he took it for its modern meaning thereby creating this notion of '72 Virgins' awaiting a suicide-bomber/militant in heaven.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]