Please Tell Me The Name of My Ideology - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hello everyone, I am going through some kind of political confusion. I know what I believe, but I have not found any political ideologies that accurately define me.

I am pro-life and oppose same sex marriages, but I also believe that homosexuals are people and the government should not imprison, kill, or refuse to accept immigrants based on orientation. I see LGBT issues as minor and even though I oppose gay marriage, I am willing to compromise on it to achieve my other beliefs.

I agree that all people have certain inalienable life: The right to life (for the innocent), pursuit of happiness, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and religious freedom.

Economically, I identify as a capitalist. A free market is essential to a healthy economy and it encourages self- motivation and allow private property. There should be some regulations such as workers' health and safety and the break up of monopolies.

I am do not oppose free trade, but I am at least suspicious of it. I am not against businesses opening up more businesses in another country, but if they try to send all jobs overseas, they should be taxed.

I find fascism's concept of anti-communism and self- sufficiency, but I do not identify myself as one.
I have also never understood why we have to pay water bills, all people should have access to water.

In my opinion, fascism and libertarianism are both extreme. Fascism puts to must trust in the state and libertarians and classical liberals overestimate the individual. There should be a balance between the individual and the community.

Nationalism is important for the survival of the nation, but I am not one of those uber- patriotic Americans. I like my country, it is a nice place to live, but it is far from the greatest country on earth.
I promote nationalism based on citizenship or language.

Regarding foreign policy, I think America should keep to itself. I look back at wars like Vietnam and Korea and we should have never been involved. The Korean War was not America's war, it was Korea's war.
I have mixed feelings about our involvement in the Middle East. Yes, we it is good that we got Osama bin Laden, it is good we fought against terrorism, but we were in there too long.
Varax wrote:You sound like a fairly typical American conservative or "right-liberal" as I call them.

I don't think I fall into any particular school of the American right though.

@QatzelOk Mind you, if this is a long-term st[…]

I'm waiting, why is it implausible again? Even you[…]

From what I can see, it's an encampment at UoA. Am[…]

It’s not even the case that all Zionists are Jews[…]