Partyless Politics? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tailz
The politics of the world is driven by factional involvements, is this the only solution? To engage in a democratic system but to affiliate to block voting parties - Liberal, republican - the left or the right? While one party systems rely on the hedgemony of one political faction that has defeated all others in a revolution style of coriniation of power - communism. Are thee the only real alteratives we have to select from?

Why do we need poltiical affiliations, represented in majority or powerful political parties, in order to maintain a governing body? Are political parties the only answer? Could we do without political parties and yet still be able to maintain governments, or would the structure of governments require massive overhall to facilitate politics without affiliations?
By Cartertonian
This is a good question...and one that I obviously missed. I have long rejected the tribal party affiliations that afflict so many activists. As a result, however, it is very difficult to be active. Perhaps that is the key. The present structure encourages banding together with people of like - or at least similar - mind.

Nevertheless, if someone could suggest a less 'Punch & Judy' alternative, I'd like to hear it.

:)
By Cookie Monster
You need to have city-state democracies if you want to have partyless politics. But even then there is a possibility that temporary alliances among citizens grows into cemented voting blocs.
By Tally-oh
Historically, the solutions offered for ending party politics have ended up dictatorial. People are naturally going to form groups, even in city states (Italian city states and Rome certainly no short supply of them). The perfect exarmple of this today is Muammar al-Gaddafi and the ideology of his Green Book.
By Suska
The perfect exarmple of this today is Muammar al-Gaddafi and the ideology of his Green Book.
why is this a perfect example?
By Tally-oh
In the first chapter of the Green Book, Gaddafi attacks parliamentary party politics as "tribal" and unrepresentative of the people, and purposes that direct local democracy should replace it. Yet, in reality, all we see in Libya is a dictatorship dominated by a personality cult.
US Presidential election 2024 thread.

You aren't American, you don't get a vote in my go[…]

On Self Interest

@Wellsy But if we were to define "moral […]

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]