Tentative ideology - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Wolfman
For lack of a better title. I find typing out these things help me better understand them, but this is still going to be a bit of a rambling mess. I guess I'll just try to work out how the government would be set up.

There will still be three branches of government (executive, legislative, and judicial; however I know pretty much nothing about judicial systems, so I'm just going to completely ignore that aspect).

Executive/Bureaucracy:

The structure is built off of a mixture of Imperial Yuan and the Marine promotion system. In order to get a job in the bureaucracy you have to pass a test regarding the responsibilities of the job. Take for example, you applied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A test to get into that post would probably include alot of work regarding statistics (gasp!). Passing would be getting 80% correct, and I'm just going to say it'll be a 100 question test. The questions will always the same, but the order of the questions and the order of the answers will be different each time. After you get hired you'll be on probation for 4 months, after which there will be a Review (see below)

After that, promotions are based on a point system (creating a Cutting Score). Some rough examples are below:
Every year spent in the bureaucracy gets you 1/2 point, with every year in your current post getting your 1 point
A bachelors degree gets you 5 points, masters 10, and doctoral 20.
Every year in the active military gets you 1 point, 1/2 for reserves
2 points for each year in an instructor position (be it school, or instructing new members of the bureaucracy)
So on and so forth. It'll essentially reward a mix of academic qualifications and experience

A certain number of points will be needed to get promoted, and you'll still need to take and pass a test to get that promotion. Lets say you're going to be a team leader. Only one new team lead is needed, so the person with the highest number of points will be promoted. It is possible to get a job in the upper levels of the bureaucracy, but if two people are tied in a promotion for the same job, the person who started further down will get the job. If there's still a tie, it'll be solved by a Review.

Record Book:

Your record includes all of your information, the day you were hired, were promoted, etc. It also includes any remarks left by your boss about your performance. These are good and/or bad remarks. Now, if you feel that your boss has it out for you, you can appeal anything put in your record. If this happens, you basically go talk to someone from the judicial branch (I say that for now, it'll probably change) and you (by yourself) say why this was incorrect. Later the boss goes and does this too. Then, the judge says who he sides with. You can appeal this decision too. But, after that, you're done. No more appeals. And regardless of the decision, you can ask to transfer to any post which you're qualified for and has an opening.

The contents of your Review also goes here.

Review:

Reviews are when someone from outside of your department comes in and gives you a review. They go through your Record Book, ask you what you've done, talk to your coworkers (if you're bottom tier), who works for your (if you're in a management position), and who you work for, try to come to a general conclusion about how good you are of a worker in general, and how good you are in your job. They then give you a score between 0 and 5, which can have one decimal place (so, 0.1, but not 0.15). This number goes towards your Cutting Score. The reviewer also makes notes which go into your Record Book. Since all of this goes into your Record Book, you can appeal all of it. A decision in your favor basically gets you a new review.

Reviews are done at the end of a probationary period (and there's a probationary period of 4 months for new job, if it's a move to a new job in the bureaucracy, your first job, or a promotion), and every yearish. I'll start with probationary period reviews. They're all the same, the differences is consequences.

A bad review after a lateral move, gets you moved back, or into a new post. If you get two negative reviews from a lateral move two in a row (so, one bad review, move, another bad review) you're only options are go back to your first post, or leave. If its a bad review from your first job, you can move once. Bad review, and you're out. If it's a bad review from a promotion, you're demoted. There is an "up-or-out" system, where you have to be promoted or you're fired after a period time. However, if you're demoted in this way, but get positive reviews at the post you were demoted to, you're fine. The reason for this is I know a few people in the Marines who were kicked out because they never got to Sgt level, but it was because they were so good as lower posts that promoting them would put them at a spot where they do poorly. Maybe they were a great mechanic, and promoting them would pull them away from that. This "drop down and your fine" method prevents good workers from being kicked out for being good as a low level worker and bad manager.

Annual reviews are done about every year. The name of the reviewer and reviewee is picked by a computer randomly generating names. While you should be reviewed about once a year, you'll have no idea when, and you could very well be reviewed more then once. This is to deal with employees being slackers during most of the year, and then great the month before their review, or slacking off after their review is done.

Executive Council:

At the top of the bureaucracy is an Executive Council, which includes a representative of each department of the bureaucracy, as well as experts in different important fields (military, economics, finance, education, healthcare, etc). This council of about 20-25 people acts as the President, but is not the face of the country to the rest of the world. The members of the Executive Council which are not from the bureaucracy are chosen by the Council itself. Someone leaving can make a recommendation, but cannot vote on the new member. The selection process should include an interview, maybe a test, and a review of accomplishments.

The Legislature:

Two houses. The Upper House is built off of number of people in the country, with one legislature representing ~0.25% of the population. The Lower House represents Corporations (see below). They serve a similar role as the modern Upper/Lower Houses. I say that because I'm not even sure if I really want two houses, or if I should smash them together.

Each house also has a House Speaker, and an overall Prime Minister. The House Speaker is chosen from within the House, and the Prime Minister is chosen from both (so a rep in either house can be elected, and the total number of legislatures elects him/her). The major function of the PM is to tell the Executive Council to fuck itself, and act as an overall face of the country to the world.

Both houses of the Legislature will also have a Council of Advisers, who are non-voting experts in different fields. They're paid to do a few things, such as research for proposed legislation (has some other country already done this? If so, what can we learn from them?), research drafted legislation (costs, benefits, etc), and propose legislation if they feel it's needed. They're hired in the same was members of the Executive Bureaucracy, but are paid much better, and do not have the ability to be promoted. Instead, they're pretty much left to do the work handed to them by the Legislature. If their load becomes too much, they can tell the Legislature to knock that shit off or hire more people.

Legislative Elections:

I'm not sure. I'm tempted to say some kind of restricted franchise Democracy though.

The Economy:

At this point I feel lazy. Corporatism.
I have a better idea for a government. It will be one guy (me) who get's a salary equivalent to that of a fast food worker. He has absolutely no responsibilities and spends all his time partying and chasing after women and let's everyone live their lives in peace without stealing any of their money.
By myrmeleo
Wolfman wrote: and anyone advocating a government is a ass raping murderer

To be fair, you are less than an ass-raping murderer since you didn't even finish the OP.
:p
By Daktoria
Wolfman wrote:Record Book:

Your record includes all of your information, the day you were hired, were promoted, etc. It also includes any remarks left by your boss about your performance. These are good and/or bad remarks. Now, if you feel that your boss has it out for you, you can appeal anything put in your record. If this happens, you basically go talk to someone from the judicial branch (I say that for now, it'll probably change) and you (by yourself) say why this was incorrect. Later the boss goes and does this too. Then, the judge says who he sides with. You can appeal this decision too. But, after that, you're done. No more appeals. And regardless of the decision, you can ask to transfer to any post which you're qualified for and has an opening.

The contents of your Review also goes here.

This is both the most interesting and vital part.

Beneath every rule of law suggestion are two core components for jurisprudence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_of_care

What you'll realize, Wolf, is that in order to have a complete rule of law, you must have a system where personally experienced information is recorded.

The reason for this is our life experiences are the basis of empirical learning. When people say you're obligated to try and make an effort, the only way this can be truly judged is if the raw data itself is contained.

To be honest, I'd go farther than this and say that in the future, all newborns must be implanted with video and audio recording devices. That way, if people ask you why you did something, you can respond in saying that the society you lived within influenced you to believe certain things which you believed would make certain behaviors excusable. Newborns should also be provided with a legal computer that allows them to calculate in advance whether or not their behaviors fall within a reasonable level of doubt...

...and lastly of course, newborns need to be provided with some sort of self-defense mechanism. The government can't be everywhere, so they need a way to defend themselves when doubt and duty of care have been neglected against them.

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occurs in Arizona over the fake e[…]

Actually it is unknown whether humans and chimps […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]