Far-Right Climate Denial Is Scary. Far-Right Climate Acceptance Might Be Scarier. - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because then they would not need Russian gas, Russian oil, or other imports of coal and gas.

They need imports because Merkel under pressure from The Greens shut off their nuclear power plants.

More than that, most of their cars still run on gasoline. Kazakh won't be importing oil to Europe for the winter, because Russia will put a stop to that.

Now what? Are you going to strap non-existent solar panels to people's front hoods?

On top of that, Germany's GDP will dive, because they don't have power for manufacturing and shit tends to cascade at that point. Comprende vous?
BlutoSays wrote:They need imports because Merkel under pressure from The Greens shut off their nuclear power plants.

More than that, most of their cars still run on gasoline. Kazakh won't be importing oil to Europe for the winter, because Russia will put a stop to that.

Now what? Are you going to strap non-existent solar panels to people's front hoods?

Again, none of this would be a problem now if they had switched years ago. Like I claimed.

But hey, if they have to stop driving most of their cars, that would be good too.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, none of this would be a problem now if they had switched years ago. Like I claimed.

But hey, if they have to stop driving most of their cars, that would be good too.

Of course it would be a problem. You wishing things doesn't make it so.

What's the problem with people driving cars in the course of their day to day life? Do you have something against that?
BlutoSays wrote:Of course it would be a problem. You wishing things doesn't make it so.

Really?

Then show how Germany would still have the same problems they do today if they had switched to renewables three years ago.

What's the problem with people driving cars in the course of their day to day life? Do you have something against that?

Car exhaust kills thousands of people each year. Millions of dollars and thousands of lives would be saved if private car use was banned for most people in urban settings.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Really?

Then show how Germany would still have the same problems they do today if they had switched to renewables three years ago.

Car exhaust kills thousands of people each year. Millions of dollars and thousands of lives would be saved if private car use was banned for most people in urban settings.

Solar cannot meet baseload. On the other side of that cable charging electric cars is a smokestack, except in the case where you morons kill nuclear and believe everyone should sit in the dark.

And then, there's all the heavy metals used in making solar panels in the first place, which you ignore.
BlutoSays wrote:Solar cannot meet baseload.

Theoretically, it could easily do so.

On the other side of that cable charging electric cars is a smokestack, except in the case where you morons kill nuclear and believe everyone should sit in the dark.

No. There are these things called “hydro-electric dams” and “wind turbines”.

And then, there's all the heavy metals used in making solar panels in the first place, which you ignore.

Actually, in the other thread, I am the one who educated you about how this has been a known problem for solar for decades.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Theoretically, it could easily do so.

No. There are these things called “hydro-electric dams” and “wind turbines”.

Actually, in the other thread, I am the one who educated you about how this has been a known problem for solar for decades.

It doesn't, theoretically or otherwise.

You haven't educated anyone on anything. You simply make up lies to meet your objective.
@BlutoSays

Then you will need to show that the amount if energy received by Earth from the sun is lower than the amount of energy used by humans during the same time period.

If you can do this, please let us know, since you will have changed our understanding of science as we know it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BlutoSays

Then you will need to show that the amount if energy received by Earth from the sun is lower than the amount of energy used by humans during the same time period.

If you can do this, please let us know, since you will have changed our understanding of science as we know it.

No, you will need to show you can effectively harvest that energy and not just dream about it.
BlutoSays wrote:No, you will need to show you can effectively harvest that energy and not just dream about it.

So you agree that it can theoretically be done,

Now you are changing your argument and arguing that it cannot be done on a practical level.

Having said that, examples of industrialised nations that rely almost solely on renewables exist, which contradicts your new claim.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you agree that it can theoretically be done,

Now you are changing your argument and arguing that it cannot be done on a practical level.

Having said that, examples of industrialised nations that rely almost solely on renewables exist, which contradicts your new claim.

I'm not changing anything. This is not a new claim. It this your way of debating? To accuse others of changing arguments when you can't meet real world scenarios?

Theoretically, we could have one trillion wave energy buoy systems to harvest enough energy to power the solar system. But back in the REAL WORLD, it ain't happening, motherfucker.
Pants-of-dog wrote:As I just said:

It doesn't contradict my claim. I don't know what "almost" means. Means something different to you than the next person. Is that "almost" measurable?

At all hours of the day? Is their population similar to other populations? What do these one sentence proclamations mean in detail?

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]

@FiveofSwords Changing your argument is called[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster I will never vote for Biden ever. That[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake[…]