Far-Right Climate Denial Is Scary. Far-Right Climate Acceptance Might Be Scarier. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15014365
Colliric wrote:Not far from Thailand to Australia you know. You should visit Downunder one day. QLD is the best state to visit, Victoria next then NSW.
I plan on it, actually. I have a friend in Adelaide and in Canberra. I'd love to visit, but likely can't go in the near future.

Colliric wrote:Beautiful country here. Not affected too much by Climate issues.
Aside from that drought afflicting the farmers, that is...

Julian658 wrote: You act like a person that never had to pay taxes.
You do know that Pants is a Canadian, and we pay a lot of taxes, right? We see the benefits of this, however.

Julian658 wrote:Capitalism will bring a solution if there is a profit.
Right, and so we need to look beyond Capitalism for solutions. Aspects of socialism are this solution.

Nobody is saying abandon all capitalism, however.

Julian658 wrote: You know what happens when a 3rd world person migrates to the West? The carbon footprint of that migrant goes thru the roof.
Yes. It matches the people around him/her.
#15014375
Godstud wrote:
You do know that Pants is a Canadian, and we pay a lot of taxes, right? We see the benefits of this, however.


You also sound like someone who pays very little tax.

Right, and so we need to look beyond Capitalism for solutions. Aspects of socialism are this solution.

Nobody is saying abandon all capitalism, however.


The state will never offer efficient solutions to global warming. The private sector will do it better.

Yes. It matches the people around him/her.


Bringing the entire 3rd world to Western standards of living will cause MORE global warming. Do you worry about that?
#15014376
Julian658 wrote:That is how it works. Capitalism will bring a solution if there is a profit.


And since there is no profit, capitalism has no solutions.

I hope you are not an open borders type. You know what happens when a 3rd world person migrates to the West? The carbon footprint of that migrant goes thru the roof.


No one said anything about migration.

You argued that the developed world’s population was decreasing and this presumably was part of some argument that you have now abandoned.

Do you have an actual argument?
#15014396
Pants-of-dog wrote:And since there is no profit, capitalism has no solutions.

Then that is probably because there is no problem, but you can be sure that socialism and communism will make many problems.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No one said anything about migration.

You argued that the developed world’s population was decreasing and this presumably was part of some argument that you have now abandoned.

Do you have an actual argument?

The argument is that socialist policies will make things worse instead of better, because socialism, used on this issue, would require us to take on the task of taking care of the whole world for nothing.
#15014417
Julian658 wrote:You also sound like someone who pays very little tax.
You sound like someone who doesn't know anything and makes stupid assumptions about people you don't know. I pay plenty of taxes, but I figure I get my money's worth, for them.

Julian658 wrote:The state will never offer efficient solutions to global warming. The private sector will do it better.
Hogwash. Please provide a claim that supports your "notion".

Julian658 wrote:Bringing the entire 3rd world to Western standards of living will cause MORE global warming.
Do you worry about that? That's not happening, so your fear-mongering is ridiculous. In a lot of developing countries, their standard of living, despite going up, isn't significantly changing their contributions to Climate Change, thanks to government programs promoting renewable resources, and the like.

Pants of Dog wrote:And since there is no profit, capitalism has no solutions.
QFT.

Hindsite wrote:The argument is that socialist policies will make things worse instead of better, because socialism, used on this issue, would require us to take on the task of taking care of the whole world for nothing
That's not true, however. Taking care of the world benefits everyone.
#15014436
One would imagine that any sentient being would recoil in horror from an alliance of far-right racists (with a sprinkling of far-leftists), climate change deniers, Brexitters and Big Oil. But apparently not so in the case of the useful idiots - or are we looking at bots here?

Any opinion, @Sivad? @Nonsense how does it feel to sell your country to US Neocons?

How US climate deniers are working with far-right racists to hijack Brexit for Big Oil

New evidence reveals how a tightly concentrated global network of politicians and corporations with close ties to the Trump administration is working on behalf of powerful US fossil fuel interests in Britain and Europe.

Several candidates who were in the running to become the next British Prime Minister — Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt, Dominic Raab, Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom, and Steve Baker — are part of this pro-Trump network.

The evidence comes thanks to a network map produced by independent investigative media outlet DeSmog UK, exposing for the first time the astonishing array of connections between President Donald Trump, right-wing lobbies in the US, and far-right parties in the UK and Europe.

Published after a leaked recording showed US secretary of state Mike Pompeo threatening to interfere in British democracy to block opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn, the map unveils the extent to which US corporate lobbies with a direct line to senior Trump officials are backing both mainstream British politicians and European far-right extremists.

An alliance to fracture Western Europe

The map released by DeSmog UK exposes how UK Conservative politicians competing for leadership of the party — and of the country — are embedded in a Trumpist lobbying network with funding from US oil and gas companies.

The connections go through a nexus of hardline pro-Brexit lobbying groups campaigning for the break-up of the EU, concentrated around a single, unremarkable-looking road in London, Tufton Street. The Tufton Street network not only works closely with well-known British politicians, it also has extensive ties to far-right parties in Europe with roots in neo-Nazism, from the Sweden Democrats to the Brothers of Italy. Tufton Street groups have received $5.6 million from anonymous US donors since 2008.

The network map uncovers how this nexus of British groups around Tufton Street is being used, through funding and personnel, by the Atlas Network, a neoconservative non-profit based in Washington DC. Funded by the Kochs, Exxon and other fossil fuel giants, Atlas’ main London partner is the Institute for Economic Affairs (IEA), which has lobbied key UK government ministers including several competing to become the next prime minister.

The Atlas Network has direct connections with top Trump administration officials and supports over 450 organizations around the world to promote its vision of the ‘free-market’ — a euphemism for eliminating government regulations, rolling back environment laws, and slashing public spending in the interests of the wealthiest.

Atlas Network think tanks are funded by some of the biggest US fossil fuel producers and funders of climate science denial — such as the Koch brothers (through the Koch Foundation and Donors Trust), ExxonMobil and MasterCard.

The map thus reveals the lines of influence by which US fossil fuel interests are using British lobbying groups based around Tufton Street to interfere in British politics.

Among the map’s implications is that the UK’s hardline Brexit lobby is far from truly ‘nationalist’ — but is actually operating as a front for Trump’s ‘America First’ lobbying efforts to break into European markets.

Mat Hope, editor of DeSmog UK, explained the map’s findings:

‘The map shows how connected this network of people are that portray themselves as neutral experts, but who are actually campaigners for a very specific cause. It shows how a US style politics of funding highly ideological groups to spread a message that suits politicians with a particular radical free-market agenda is now infiltrating the UK.’

The result, he said, is that Brexit has been hijacked by ‘major US funders of climate science denial including the Koch Brothers, and think tanks with strong ties to Donald Trump’, whom he accused of ‘influencing UK politics at the highest level.’

DeSmog UK’s network map encompasses a sprawling, complicated web of over 2,000 connections between politicians, think tanks, lobby groups, business leaders, corporations and other entities across the US, UK and Europe. Derived by painstakingly poring over public record data, the map took four years to produce. Much of the data, which portrays a highly complex interlocking network of interests, is pulled from the DeSmog Climate Disinformation Research Database — a detailed online repository exposing anti-climate lobbyists.

‘The DeSmog map provides a glimpse of the diffuse nature of political power in the 21st Century,’ said Dr Phil Parvin, an associate professor in politics and chair of the Ethics in Public Life Research Group at Loughborough University. Although he pointed out that lobbying in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, the problem is that in a world where money and power aren’t constrained by national borders: ‘It’s not always clear where the influence is coming from, or who’s funding it... Global developments like the rise of Big Data and the massive concentration of wealth among an ever smaller number of high net worth individuals create real challenges for democracies around the world: wealth and political influence are closely connected,’ he told me. ‘At the very least, we need more clarity from our politicians about the interests they represent, and who is backing them.’

The Atlas Network — an arm of US soft power
The revelation that senior UK Conservative Party politicians are part of a hardline Brexit lobbying network dominated by Atlas raises urgent questions about the extent to which powerful Trump lobbies are attempting to influence British politics to accelerate a break-up of the EU.

According to Intercept journalist Lee Fang, Atlas has long ‘operated as a quiet extension of US foreign policy, with Atlas-associated think tanks receiving quiet funding from the State Department and the National Endowment for Democracy [NED], a critical arm of American soft power.’

The NED has been criticized for using State Department funding to facilitate ‘regime change’ in countries antithetical to American interests — an approach that Atlas may be using to manipulate Britain’s Brexit course in the interests of its wealthy donors.

Fang’s investigation revealed that the Atlas Network has systematically penetrated the top layer of the Trump administration through a wide range of political appointments of Atlas connections, including Sebastian Gorka, Trump’s former top counterterrorism advisor (who lost his job after his membership in a Nazi-linked group in Hungary was exposed — his wife Katharine has served as an advisor to Trump’s homeland security department and has been picked for the role of White House press secretary for US Customs and Border Protection); Vice-President Mike Pence; Education Secretary Betsy DeVos; and Judy Shelton, an Atlas Network senior fellow who advised the Trump campaign and transition team before being appointed chair of the NED — the White House now wants to appoint her to the Federal Reserve.

In the US, the Atlas Network affiliates include a host of think tanks dabbling in climate science denial like the Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation, Heartland Institute and Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Its most prominent British members are part of the Tufton Street network, including its global partner, the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) — situated around the corner from Tufton Street on Lord North Street. Further Atlas/IEA partners around Tufton Street include Taxpayers’ Alliance, Centre for Policy Studies, Adam Smith Institute, and Civitas, among many others.

Fossil fuels and climate denial
David and Charles Koch, the owners behind Koch Industries — America’s largest private fossil fuel company — are major Atlas Network donors. They are notorious for funding climate science denial to the tune of more than one hundred million dollars over two decades, and have massive influence over the Trump administration through relationships with key federal staffers. ExxonMobil, one of the top funders of climate science denial, has financed Atlas-affiliates like the climate denying Heartland Institute and donated to the ‘American Friends of IEA’, a US-based fundraising vehicle for the IEA, Atlas’ chief London partner.

The map suggests that the Trump-connected Atlas Network is directly implicated in secretive US lobbying efforts to subvert British democracy. Atlas’ chief London partner, the IEA, was outed last year as having offered to broker access to senior British politicians for American donors trying to influence Brexit. The IEA denied the allegations, but the alleged scam appears to have been part of a wider strategy.

The IEA is closely connected to the notorious climate denial propaganda unit, the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), situated on 55 Tufton Street. Three IEA trustees — Nigel Vinson, Neil Record, and Michael Hintze — are GWPF funders. Both the GWPF and IEA were among a total of nine Tufton Street-based organizations accused in court documents of breaking election laws in a coordinated push for a hard Brexit that would torpedo Britain’s climate targets and leave ‘gaping holes’ in environmental regulation.

By illustrating for the first time how embedded these Tufton Street networks are within Washington’s Atlas Network, the new map indicates that these hard-Brexit British lobbies acted in concert with powerful fossil fuel interests with significant leverage inside the Trump administration.

Tufton Street — a far-right lobbying nexus
DeSmog UK’s map illustrates how Conservative Party candidates competing to become Britain’s next prime minister are deeply embedded in the Atlas Network through its Tufton Street partners.

Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson (Trump’s favourite for prime minister) helped Tory MEP Daniel Hannan found the Tufton Street outfit Initiative for Free Trade (IFT), whose staffers have been hosted by Atlas-affiliated groups, from the American Enterprise Institute to the Heritage Foundation.

Home Secretary Sajid Javid is being advised by Tufton Street veteran Matthew Elliott — whose wife is a member of Americans for Tax Reform, the Koch-funded lobbying vehicle.

Jeremy Hunt has been hosted by the Tufton group, New Culture Forum, where Elliott is on the board. After Trump quoted white supremacist Katie Hopkins’ tweet attacking the Muslim Mayor of London, Hunt said he agreed with Trump’s overall sentiment ‘150 percent’.

Other candidates who have worked with the Atlas Network’s main London partner, the IEA, include former Brexit secretary Dominic Raab, described as ‘the IEA’s man in government’; environment secretary Michael Gove and former Brexit minister Steve Baker who were both linked to an IEA lobbying scandal to allow US donors to influence British policy advice; and former environment secretary Andrea Leadsom, a longstanding member of the IEA’s Free Enterprise Group.

The same nexus works intimately with far-right movements in Europe.

Tufton veteran Tory MEP Daniel Hannan — who has himself been hosted by Atlas affiliates — cofounded the Conservative Party’s EU network of political parties, the Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe (ACRE).

ACRE has cultivated contact with Spain’s anti-Muslim Vox party; Matteo Salvini’s anti-migrant League, part of Italy’s populist government; and Brothers of Italy, a fringe anti-migrant party with fascist roots. For years, Hannan has worked alongside fellow ACRE member, Morten Messerschmidt, a Danish People’s Party MEP who promoted ideas reminiscent of the ‘great replacement’ theory — the racist notion that white populations are being replaced by predominantly Muslim migrants. ACRE’s newest members include the Sweden Democrats, another party with neo-Nazi roots, some of whose officials are former Nazis.

By far one of the most disturbing Tufton Street connections goes through Nigel Farage, founder and former head of the racist-harbouring UKIP party, and Vice Chair of Leave Means Leave, a hardline Brexit group, which is based on the next street along.

During Farage’s leadership of UKIP, at one point the party mysteriously removed its ban on racists becoming members. Farage also met secretly with two anti-Semitic officials from the notorious neo-Nazi British National Party (BNP): one of whom had authored a pamphlet blaming a Jewish conspiracy for orchestrating ‘the mass immigration of non-Europeans into every White country on earth.’

Farage later negotiated UKIP’s alliance with an European Parliamentary grouping comprised largely of white-supremacist and pro-Nazi parties. This year, he formed the Brexit Party, which won the largest number of British votes in the European elections in May. Apart from cavorting with racists, Farage has a long sordid history of climate science denialism, as do numerous politicians from his new party.

Given his embeddedness in the Atlas-dominated Tufton network, Farage’s private meeting with Donald Trump during his recent London visit speaks volumes.

‘We need effective regulation, although it’s difficult to know how that might be designed,’ professor Parvin told me on the unknown impact of foreign lobbying.

Farage exemplifies how this European nexus of climate science denialism and white supremacism is being weaponized by US fossil fuel giants with leverage over Trump’s government, to co-opt the Brexit agenda for their own ends. This would seem to offer little to European citizens, and even less to Europe’s minorities — but a great deal to US corporations.
#15014459
SSDR wrote:Just because the land is collectively owned doesn't mean it's not capitalist.

Yes, it does, by definition. Capitalism is private ownership of the means of production: land (i.e., natural resources) and capital goods. If either land or capital goods is not at least majority privately owned, it's not capitalism by definition.
The Soviet Union was full of non socialists who abused everything.

The USSR was full of non-socialists and anti-socialists because they had actually experienced socialism.
You can't have a socialist economy unless if the majority of the people are socialists.

Where are you going to find an entire population that ignorant, stupid, and dishonest?
They lacked real consciousness like how you do.

Your absurd ad hominem claims are a joke as well as a fallacy.
#15014460
Godstud wrote: Aside from that drought afflicting the farmers, that is...

Australia is the driest continent by far, and has been for millions of years.
Right, and so we need to look beyond Capitalism for solutions. Aspects of socialism are this solution.

The solution to flood is not drought.
Nobody is saying abandon all capitalism, however.

I am, as long as the replacement is liberty and justice, not socialism.
#15014488
SSDR wrote:@Zionist Nationalist,

It has nothing to do with China "not being afford to keep socialism." The state of China purposefully made its economy capitalist in a scientific manner because their approach to socialism is using capitalist economics to reach socialism out of a scientific process. They're using capitalism in a scientific way to reach socialism because it's a scientific process.

And how can you hear that? It's a text. You can hear texts?




got anything to back this claim?
#15014527
Truth To Power wrote:No, it's far more complex than that. Many former colonies are prosperous, many others continue to stagnate. Colonialism therefore doesn't explain $#!+.


Yes, colonialism does explain a lot even if the entire explanation involves more than that.

This does not change the fact that we have had the resources to combat world poverty and climate change for decades, and that the only reason we have not implemented them is because the capitalist system has found no way to profit from any solutions.
#15014536
@Truth To Power,

Yes, it does, by definition. Capitalism is private ownership of the means of production: land (i.e., natural resources) and capital goods. If either land or capital goods is not at least majority privately owned, it's not capitalism by definition.

Capitalism is when things are made for capital, another term for that is profit. A capitalist state monopoly is capitalism.
The USSR was full of non-socialists and anti-socialists because they had actually experienced socialism.

The Soviet Union was full of non socialists because their households conditioned them to be capitalists. They were conditioned under non socialist context without fully understanding that they are conditioning themselves and their families to be capitalists. Non socialist people abuse a socialist economy, thus ruining everything, and they call that an experience of "socialism" which is false because it is a spiral trap. Capitalists live in a socialist economy. Capitalists abuse socialism because they're capitalists. Capitalists experience bad socialist economy because of the capitalists' self destructive actions. Capitalists ruin their product of socialism that they had. Capitalist people destroy socialist economy, blaming "socialism" rather than the capitalists' self destructive actions such as corruption.
Where are you going to find an entire population that ignorant, stupid, and dishonest?

That is an insult. Socialists appear to be ignorant to you because they don't match your mindset. Socialists appear to be stupid to you because you do not understand socialism. And socialists have to be dishonest in a capitalist or a non socialist economy to save themselves from economic issues. Losing a job for being a socialist. Getting harassed for being a socialist. Or getting personal property vandalized for being a socialist are some examples. Integrity can put yourself in danger and in 'harm's way.'
Your absurd ad hominem claims are a joke as well as a fallacy.

One who does not want their hearts to be liberated from false consciousness has to view reality as a joke because that is used to control them.

@Zionist Nationalist,

got anything to back this claim?

Basic aspects of science are common sense. Anyone who has the ability to make their own civilization can understand this. My people had colonies, industry, powerful armies, and technological education. Some peoples' nations don't. And then there are people who have never had a nation due to lacking labour capabilities, so they need hosts like me, and I will not bow down to their imperialism.
#15014589
Godstud wrote:That's not true, however. Taking care of the world benefits everyone.

It is true. And you guys in Asia are the biggest offenders of pollution. However, be my guest in trying to take care of the whole world in a foolish attempt to prevent climate change. Just don't expect me and other common sense people to waste our time and money on such a foolish idea that will not work.

SSDR wrote:The Soviet Union was full of non socialists because their households conditioned them to be capitalists. They were conditioned under non socialist context without fully understanding that they are conditioning themselves and their families to be capitalists. Non socialist people abuse a socialist economy, thus ruining everything, and they call that an experience of "socialism" which is false because it is a spiral trap. Capitalists live in a socialist economy. Capitalists abuse socialism because they're capitalists. Capitalists experience bad socialist economy because of the capitalists' self destructive actions. Capitalists ruin their product of socialism that they had. Capitalist people destroy socialist economy, blaming "socialism" rather than the capitalists' self destructive actions such as corruption.

That's sounds like a bunch of double talk nonsense.

SSDR wrote:That is an insult. Socialists appear to be ignorant to you because they don't match your mindset. Socialists appear to be stupid to you because you do not understand socialism. And socialists have to be dishonest in a capitalist or a non socialist economy to save themselves from economic issues. Losing a job for being a socialist. Getting harassed for being a socialist. Or getting personal property vandalized for being a socialist are some examples. Integrity can put yourself in danger and in 'harm's way.'

Socialist appear ignorant because they are ignorant.
#15014590
@Hindsite

Which Countries Produce The Most Pollution?
Country & Emissions per capita
1 Qatar 39.7
2 Kuwait 24.4
3 United Arab Emirates 21.8
4 Australia 18.6
5 Turkmenistan 17.5
6 Oman 17.5
7 United States 16.1
8 Saudi Arabia 16.0
9 Canada 15.5
10 Kazakhstan 15.2

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/whi ... ution.html

So, that makes you patently wrong.
#15014609
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite

Which Countries Produce The Most Pollution?
Country & Emissions per capita
1 Qatar 39.7
2 Kuwait 24.4
3 United Arab Emirates 21.8
4 Australia 18.6
5 Turkmenistan 17.5
6 Oman 17.5
7 United States 16.1
8 Saudi Arabia 16.0
9 Canada 15.5
10 Kazakhstan 15.2

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/whi ... ution.html

So, that makes you patently wrong.

Not really. You must have have a list from many years ago. But even on your list the top three polluting countries are from ASIA. On the most recent list the top polluting countries are still ASIA and where you live, Thailand, is number 23, but where I live, USA, is way down at number 65. Ha, ha. :lol:

World most polluted countries 2018

1 Bangladesh
2 Pakistan
3 India
4 Afghanistan
5 Bahrain
6 Mongolia
7 Kuwait
8 Nepal
9 United Arab Emirates
10 Nigeria
11 Indonesia
12 China
13 Uganda
14 Bosnia Herzegovina
15 Macedonia
16 Uzbekistan
17 Vietnam
18 Sri Lanka
19 Kosovo
20 Kazakhstan
21 Peru
22 Ethiopia
23 Thailand
24 Bulgaria
25 Iran
26 Chile
27 South
28 Serbia
29 Poland
30 Croatia
31 Turkey
32 Macao
33 Mexico
34 Hong Kong
35 Czech Republic
36 Cambodia
37 Romania
38 Israel
39 Taiwan
40 Slovakia
41 Cyprus
42 Lithuania
43 Hungary
44 Brazil
45 Austria
46 Italy
47 Singapore
48 Philippines
49 Ukraine
50 Colombia
51 Puerto Rico
52 Belgium
53 France
54 Germany
55 Japan
56 Netherlands
57 Switzerland
58 Russia
59 Luxembourg
60 Malta
61 United Kingdom
62 Spain
63 Ireland
64 Portugal
65 USA
66 Canada
67 New Zealand
68 Norway
69 Sweden
70 Estonia
71 Australia
72 Finland
73 Iceland

https://www.airvisual.com/world-most-polluted-countries

Then here is one for 2019 that has Thailand at 31 and the USA at 86. Ho hum. :lol:

Pollution Index for Country 2019

Rank
Country
Pollution Index
Exp Pollution Index
1 Mongolia 93.06 170.75
2 Myanmar 92.25 168.03
3 Afghanistan 91.91 165.57
4 Bangladesh 88.30 158.96
5 Lebanon 87.39 155.98
6 Nigeria 87.37 156.50
7 Vietnam 87.13 156.20
8 Egypt 86.48 154.43
9 Nepal 84.98 151.46
10 Monaco 84.74 156.08
11 Peru 83.80 149.76
12 China 81.91 148.92
13 Macedonia 80.85 147.31
14 Ethiopia 80.44 142.03
15 Jordan 80.39 142.27
16 Cambodia 80.03 141.86
17 Iran 79.35 145.47
18 Iraq 79.32 140.01
19 Azerbaijan 78.32 137.95
20 Dominican Republic 77.43 136.22
21 Albania 77.07 135.22
22 Pakistan 75.89 133.09
23 India 75.81 133.15
24 Philippines 74.47 130.90
25 Kazakhstan 74.25 135.31
26 Venezuela 73.88 130.79
27 Malta 73.75 129.25
28 Bahrain 73.33 132.98
29 Kenya 72.96 129.16
30 Georgia 72.46 131.00
31 Thailand 72.21 126.13
32 Kuwait 71.60 126.94
33 Jamaica 71.13 124.87
34 Zimbabwe 70.99 125.59
35 Turkey 69.15 121.22
36 Tunisia 68.16 118.74
37 Saudi Arabia 67.26 118.24
38 Trinidad And Tobago 66.96 115.79
39 Ukraine 66.63 115.57
40 Qatar 66.48 117.57
41 Hong Kong 66.39 118.19
42 Mexico 66.02 113.99
43 Morocco 65.71 113.93
44 Chile 65.54 120.58
45 Algeria 64.69 113.12
46 Tanzania 64.50 113.22
47 Bulgaria 63.98 115.84
48 Malaysia 63.74 109.25
49 Taiwan 63.47 110.59
50 Bosnia And Herzegovina 63.47 113.34
51 Russia 62.80 108.07
52 Indonesia 62.78 107.43
53 Panama 62.00 109.33
54 Colombia 61.74 110.82
55 Armenia 61.55 111.54
56 Serbia 58.86 101.40
57 Mauritius 58.48 100.39
58 Brazil 57.72 98.82
59 Sri Lanka 57.69 98.43
60 Israel 57.25 101.22
61 South Africa 56.95 97.14
62 Ecuador 56.89 96.96
63 Romania 55.39 93.60
64 South Korea 54.19 98.10
65 Cyprus 53.75 90.85
66 Italy 53.75 90.89
67 United Arab Emirates 53.11 90.82
68 Poland 52.38 92.97
69 Argentina 52.35 89.18
70 Greece 51.86 90.50
71 Costa Rica 50.21 87.05
72 Belgium 49.89 84.60
73 Puerto Rico 49.18 84.60
74 Uruguay 46.63 82.54
75 Hungary 46.47 79.89
76 Montenegro 45.23 76.90
77 France 42.70 71.32
78 Slovakia 41.89 70.72
79 Belarus 40.97 67.62
80 Czech Republic 40.96 69.06
81 Oman 39.51 64.12
82 United Kingdom 39.43 64.81
83 Spain 39.36 64.68
84 Japan 37.08 59.41
85 Latvia 34.96 56.68
86 United States 33.95 56.49
87 Singapore 32.29 54.68
88 Portugal 31.58 51.43
89 Ireland 31.12 52.00
90 Croatia 31.03 50.66
91 Lithuania 30.84 50.41
92 Germany 28.01 44.75
93 Canada 27.85 45.65
94 Netherlands 27.45 45.05
95 Slovenia 24.33 43.03
96 Australia 23.97 38.67
97 New Zealand 22.74 38.73
98 Luxembourg 22.61 33.95
99 Denmark 22.14 33.98
100 Switzerland 22.03 35.61
101 Austria 21.97 36.01
102 Norway 19.86 32.50
103 Estonia 18.15 30.43
104 Sweden 18.01 28.74
105 Iceland 15.24 26.81
106 Finland 11.93 21.00

https://www.numbeo.com/pollution/rankin ... ountry.jsp

Look at the 2019 pollution map. Asia is all RED and USA is all GREEN.
You should move back to Canada because it is GREEN too.
#15014611
Godstud wrote:The most polluted country is not the same as country which pollutes the most, or didn't you catch that? You're making a completely different argument, @Hindsite.

You just don't want to admit that you are wrong and I am right. You better pack your bags or get everyone there to stop polluting so much.
#15014612
:lol: Yeah right. Look at pollution per capita. It's lower in these countries. The higher pollution rates have more to do with industry lacking regulation than the everyday people living their lives. People aren't driving around Ford F350s with 8L diesel engines.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 12
The Irishman...

Monumental ? It was no different than most anythi[…]

Before the internet, I used to collect dictionari[…]

https://youtu.be/OH2yk8NIgfw This guy i[…]

Science is based on the fact that the community[…]