Far-Right Climate Denial Is Scary. Far-Right Climate Acceptance Might Be Scarier. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15014195
Hindsite wrote:The USA is leading everyone while hardly trying.
No, they are not, anymore. They gave up that role. You're delusional if you think other countries look to them for leadership. Trump put an end to that.

TPP, Paris Accords... backing out of the Iran Deal... just a few reasons why USA is considered untrustworthy and not a world leader, any longer.

Hindsite wrote:I am so glad I don't live in Thailand.
I am so glad I am not stupid enough to comment on where people live all the time in some irrelevant distraction that isn't a fucking argument.
#15014203
Godstud wrote:Developing countries(Thailand, for example) are moving in the right direction, even without leadership from rich countries like USA. Saying USA can't do more, to work towards a future without fossil fuel consumption, is ridiculous.

Thailand’s Renewable Energy Transitions: A Pathway to Realize Thailand 4.0
After three years of revision, Thailand recently unveiled its updated power development plan (PDP 2018–2037), which explicitly shows the country’s ambition to embrace renewable energy.

Thailand currently generates around 10 percent of its electricity from renewable sources, with a total energy generation capacity of 45,000 MW. As of April 2018, renewable energy supplied about 15 percent of total power consumption in Thailand. The Thai government has also decided to raise the non-hydro renewable target from 20 percent to 30 percent by 2036. Regarding the capacity for renewable energy generation, Thailand’s solar energy accounts for about 3,300 MW, which has more than doubled since 2014 and is halfway toward its 2036 solar target of 6,000 MW. Notably, Thailand’s solar capacity accounts for more than 60 percent of the total installed capacity in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Though Thailand’s wind capacity is not as large as that for solar, it is over 600 MW, which is a fifth of its 2036 wind target of 3,000 MW.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/thailan ... iland-4-0/

Note: Thailand has already banned import of vehicles with large engines. You're lucky if you can find a 2.8L truck in Thailand. You will not find 8L trucks like those seen in North America.

We have a solar farm about 13 km from us. Chinese solar engineers built it about 4 years ago.


Germans have tried to change to renewables. HOwever they continue to rely on fossil fuels and nuclear. The end result has been more expensive
electricity for Germans.
#15014204
:roll: No one said it would be cheaper. Still, what's worse... Paying a bit more for your electricity, or not having food because of a famine caused by Climate Change?

THE COST OF RENEWABLE ENERGY VERSUS FOSSIL FUELS
New research shows that, in the long-run, renewable energy is more cost effective than non-renewable energy. Company Lazard considered costs over the lifespan of energy projects and found wind and utility-scale solar can be the least expensive energy generating sources
https://www.naturespath.com/en-ca/blog/ ... sil-fuels/

Renewable Energy Cheaper in the Long Run, says Carl Pope – a world renowned expert on Renewable Energy
https://www.naturespath.com/en-ca/blog/ ... sil-fuels/
#15014253
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then Germany should switch to cheaper renweables.


Germany is a highly developed country with top flight engineers. They are the best case scenario to make this work. Don't expect 3rd world countries to do this sort of thing. Poor people are still burning wood to cook and rely on gasoline. Don't be so elitist! :knife:
#15014255
Julian658 wrote:Germany is a highly developed country with top flight engineers. They are the best case scenario to make this work. Don't expect 3rd world countries to do this sort of thing. Poor people are still burning wood to cook and rely on gasoline. Don't be so elitist! :knife:


If you think that people in developing nations are stupider and less capable than Germans, then you are the one being elitist.

If a country has no electricity system in a large area (which is he case in many developing countries) they can then easily put in a new sustainable system. This would be a lot cheaper and easier than replacing an existing system.

Germany and Japan actually benefited from this disparity after we bombed their existing infrastructure to smithereens in WWII.
#15014256
Pants-of-dog wrote:We long ago had the resources to eradicate world poverty. The only reason it still exists is because of capitalism.

If you compare the capitalist countries of the world with the socialist ones, the capitalist ones have made better progress against poverty. But the capitalist ones haven't done as well as China since China abandoned socialism.
#15014258
Truth To Power wrote:If you compare the capitalist countries of the world with the socialist ones, the capitalist ones have made better progress against poverty. But the capitalist ones haven't done as well as China since China abandoned socialism.


Since that particular comparison would ignore things like how developed the countries are and how much aggression they have received from western governments, it would be a useless and misleading comparison.
#15014269
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you think that people in developing nations are stupider and less capable than Germans, then you are the one being elitist.

If a country has no electricity system in a large area (which is he case in many developing countries) they can then easily put in a new sustainable system. This would be a lot cheaper and easier than replacing an existing system.

Germany and Japan actually benefited from this disparity after we bombed their existing infrastructure to smithereens in WWII.


How are 3rd world countries going to fund this expensive endeavor? With the help of the new colonialist Empire China?
#15014279
SSDR wrote:@Truth To Power,


China made its economy capitalist on purpose so it could be used as a scientific process to reach socialism. How one can believe that socialism will be abandoned questions their lack of logic.


This is the most stupid thing I ever heard
The fact is that China simply cannot afford to be socialist
#15014282
SSDR wrote:China made its economy capitalist on purpose so it could be used as a scientific process to reach socialism.

But it isn't capitalist. The land is still all collectively (publicly) owned.
How one can believe that socialism will be abandoned questions their lack of logic.

It was abandoned by the USSR and pretty much every other society that has tried it, or soon will be.
#15014283
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since that particular comparison would ignore things like how developed the countries are and how much aggression they have received from western governments, it would be a useless and misleading comparison.

No, because how developed a country is depends on its economic system, and aggression by western governments happens anyway.
#15014295
Godstud wrote:No, they are not, anymore. They gave up that role. You're delusional if you think other countries look to them for leadership. Trump put an end to that.

TPP, Paris Accords... backing out of the Iran Deal... just a few reasons why USA is considered untrustworthy and not a world leader, any longer.

I am so glad I am not stupid enough to comment on where people live all the time in some irrelevant distraction that isn't a fucking argument.

Ha, ha, ha. :lol:

Godstud wrote:No one said it would be cheaper. Still, what's worse... Paying a bit more for your electricity, or not having food because of a famine caused by Climate Change?

Is another stupid hypothetical all you have?
#15014315
@Zionist Nationalist,

It has nothing to do with China "not being afford to keep socialism." The state of China purposefully made its economy capitalist in a scientific manner because their approach to socialism is using capitalist economics to reach socialism out of a scientific process. They're using capitalism in a scientific way to reach socialism because it's a scientific process.

And how can you hear that? It's a text. You can hear texts?

@Truth To Power,

Just because the land is collectively owned doesn't mean it's not capitalist.

The Soviet Union was full of non socialists who abused everything. You can't have a socialist economy unless if the majority of the people are socialists. They lacked real consciousness like how you do.
#15014320
Julian658 wrote:How are 3rd world countries going to fund this expensive endeavor? With the help of the new colonialist Empire China?


We pay for it.

If you are as concerned as you claim to be, calling me an elitist and worrying about me destroying them, then you would have no problem using some of your tax dollars for this.

—————————

Truth To Power wrote:No, because how developed a country is depends on its economic system, and aggression by western governments happens anyway.


In your weird idea of history, does colonialism have no impact?
#15014354
Pants-of-dog wrote:We pay for it.

If you are as concerned as you claim to be, calling me an elitist and worrying about me destroying them, then you would have no problem using some of your tax dollars for this.


Says a person that does not pay taxes. I am always astounded at how the answer is always the same: PAY UP. GIVE US YOUR CASH.

As I said before, capitalism will take care of the problem when it is obviously a problem that needs solving.

No one denies the climate is changing. The issue is whether we can actually alter the course of mother nature. We are animals and hence we degrade the environment where we live.
Put, your dogs and cats inside the house and see how your house becomes full of shit and urine.

The Earth population will soon start to go down. It is already massively going down in the developed world. In fact the West is destined to become extinct as Westerners have a fertility rate
less than 2. Even India has decreased the fertility rate from 7 to 3.

Image

If the poverty continues to decline and the per capita incomes goes up then people will
go for more efficient energy. When there is a profit in creating non-polluting energy we will get there very quickly.
Trying to destroy fossil fuels because you are an SJW type and want to destroy capitalism is not the solution.

Image
Image

We have your number. We know exactly where you are coming from.

We will not get there because someone thinks the world will end in 12 years. We already had a similar scare in the 1960s. Plenty of books were written
about famimine and the end of the world by the 1980s.


In your weird idea of history, does colonialism have no impact?


Colonialism happens whenever a more advance powerful culture meets a less advanced culture. China is now colonizing Africa.
#15014357
Julian658 wrote:Says a person that does not pay taxes. I am always astounded at how the answer is always the same: PAY UP. GIVE US YOUR CASH.


First of all, I do pay taxes. Your attempt at insulting me failed.

Secondly, the money will not go to me, but instead will go to the people in the developing world that you seem to be concerned about.

As I said before, capitalism will take care of the problem when it is obviously a problem that needs solving.


No, that is not how capitalism works. Capitalism will take care of the problem if it is possible to make a profit by providing the solution. At this point, such a profit cannot be made so capitalism has no solutions.

No one denies the climate is changing. The issue is whether we can actually alter the course of mother nature. We are animals and hence we degrade the environment where we live.
Put your dogs and cats inside the house and see how your house becomes full of shit and urine.


I have a cat. The cat has a litter box that I keep clean. I keep it clean. This is something we should be doing in our own home, the Earth: keeping it clean.

The Earth population will soon start to go down. It is already massively going down in the developed world. In fact the West is destined to become extinct as Westerners have a fertility rate less than 2. Even India has decreased the fertility rate from 7 to 3.


This does not matter if the absolute number of people who are creating greenhouse gases continues to rise.

If the poverty continues to decline and the per capita incomes goes up then people will go for more efficient energy. When there is a profit in creating non-polluting energy we will get there very quickly.


This seems like absurd speculation. Without evidence, I will simply dismiss this.

I ignored the rest of it, as it was irrelevant speculation about me, or a misunderstanding of what colonialism is.
#15014358
Godstud wrote: I am so glad I am not stupid enough to comment on where people live all the time in some irrelevant distraction that isn't a fucking argument.


Not far from Thailand to Australia you know. You should visit Downunder one day. QLD is the best state to visit, Victoria next then NSW.

Brisbane(all of Australia's major theme parks are in Brisbane) to Melbourne (optional extra to Hobart & Canberra, Id pick Hobart because too many politicians in Canberra) to Sydney will do you a good comprehensive trip of Australia's best cities(+States). Visit the outback and other places next time round.

Beautiful country here. Not affected too much by Climate issues.
#15014360
Pants-of-dog wrote:First of all, I do pay taxes. Your attempt at insulting me failed.

Secondly, the money will not go to me, but instead will go to the people in the developing world that you seem to be concerned about.


Sorry about that. You act like a person that never had to pay taxes. I was mistaken! :eek:



No, that is not how capitalism works. Capitalism will take care of the problem if it is possible to make a profit by providing the solution. At this point, such a profit cannot be made so capitalism has no solutions.


That is how it works. Capitalism will bring a solution if there is a profit. If the motive is SJWism then seat and wait.


This does not matter if the absolute number of people who are creating greenhouse gases continues to rise.


I hope you are not an open borders type. You know what happens when a 3rd world person migrates to the West? The carbon footprint of that migrant goes thru the roof.

This seems like absurd speculation. Without evidence, I will simply dismiss this.

I ignored the rest of it, as it was irrelevant speculation about me, or a misunderstanding of what colonialism is.


How convenient! :knife: :knife:
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 12

@Hindsite You've got a pretty messed up interpre[…]

Here's Mark Blyth on the macro'n'cheese podcast, w[…]

Canadian Federal Election

Scheer has dual US/Canadian citizenship and hasn't[…]

To wait on piliticians who are corrupted by the o[…]