Imperialism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By N'Djamena
specifically in Africa.

i'd like someone to try and talk me out of imperialism. my plan is to set up an empire of Sahara nations in Africa, merge them together to form my great empire.
By CCJ
That, my friend, is not imperialism. Imperialism is the conquoring of other nations in order to expand one's market and gain extra natural resources. The imperialization of the Congo by Europeans led to the death of 10 million Congolese (out of a population of 20 million). I hope this is not what you mean, or intend to do.
By N'Djamena
no, no mass slaughter.

im not really going to do anything, i just like the idea. but it's not like that. first, a home country would be set up. like Niger. Niger would then expand its resources by taking over other desert African countries and annexing them to the base country (Niger.)
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
HSRosteK wrote:i think there sshould be a seperate board for imperialism too.

Why have your own board? Won't you just go round stealing and colonising everyone else's boards anyway and then force us to work for you?
By Boondock Saint
That was witty.

I would suggest beginning in South Africa as opposed to Nigeria.

You already have a one party gov't (close enough), a decent military (compared to your neighbors), and more resources at your disposal.

Then you simply march your troops and light armor north and take whatever you want.

But be prepared for slaughter ... for some odd reason people tend not to like their land being invaded by outsiders and no, just because your African doesnt mean your not an outsider to someone who lives across another border ... because you are.
By N'Djamena
slaughter is fine, up to a certain extent.

for some reason, some countries don't like mass slaughters.

:flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

but i was JOKING about the empire. i just think it's a nice idea. the unification of corrupt military dictatorships.
By Garibaldi
Oh, so you won't mind if do it instead?

I have nothing against imperialism, other than the fact that it interferes with free markets and thus actually hinders the economy instead of giving it a boost. However, for ancient times before international businesses, Imperialism is justified in them being stronger.

The only way to sustain the premise in this thread[…]

China works with Russia, and both are part of BRI[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://x.com/i/status/1791406694175510965 https:[…]

Narva city removed Muscovite colonial natives from[…]