A Summary of Anarcho-Syndicalism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By CCJ
Proudhon wrote:All my economic ideas...can be defined in three words, agro-industrial federation; all my policial views...political federation or decrentralization, all my hopes for the present and future...progressive federation.[35]

Well, what do you guys think of that quote? Do you think it is accurate? What do you think of Proudhon (not of course, based solely upon this quote)? What do you think of Syndicalism? Why?

Just trying to start an anarchist-to-anarchist discussion :D
By AsdkAsd
Proudhon = great thinker who really recolutionised the anarchism of his day and continues to be of great importance.

Concerning the quote and his views in general :eh: I would say that perhaps he's a little old-fashioned...like Kropotkin he was concerned greatly with bridging the gap between town and country, the urban classes and the farmers. Today things have changed a little and urban life seems to have greater importance and people tend to be less ruralised etc. His industrialist and ehhvvver so slightly free-market ideas would probably conflict with the environmentalism of today.

Syndicalism? Again I would say it isn't as relevent for modern people. It's an approach centred around unions, industrialism and class struggle -doesn't appeal to me.
By CCJ
I see that you oppose industrialization. However, the problem would be how would we have the public (or the rest of the world) like this idea? Many people value their current lifestyle with cheap clothing and books, writing utensils etc. Without industrialization it would be much harder to replace a book or get a new pen or pencil. With syndicalism the oppressive apparatus of capitalism is gone, however we can still have the things that we enjoy.

And even though some may view his "agro-industrial federation" as a little old fashioned, I view it as an opportunity to bring back farming and the sense of community that the U.S. has lost.
By AsdkAsd
I see that you oppose industrialization.

Well I said it doesn't appeal to me if that is;

industrialization
n : the development of industry on an extensive scale [syn: industrialisation]

However, the problem would be how would we have the public (or the rest of the world) like this idea? Many people value their current lifestyle with cheap clothing and books, writing utensils etc. Without industrialization it would be much harder to replace a book or get a new pen or pencil.

And perhaps the intensive consumer habits/lifestyle of the people should change if you want to live to use your "writing utensil"? No I would say in general that limited industry is a valuable thing, but anarchism isn't just about a change in the management of factories.

With syndicalism the oppressive apparatus of capitalism is gone, however we can still have the things that we enjoy.

Syndicalism for me brings a great amount of inspiration, particularly when I look to the Spannish Civil War which gave us a recent example of anarchy in practice. It is also infinitely better than capitalism...but my criticisms continue, it does not face up to the problems of the modern age -environmental problems ranging from local pollution, species extinction to widespread ecocide.
[/quote]

Well if you are clever enough to know that our el[…]

The prosecutor will need to explain why is it that[…]

If your argument centers around not believing in […]

https://i.ibb.co/Bs37t8b/canvas-moral[…]