Male suicide scandal - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Redlom Xof wrote: ...there is no issue where men could possibly be negatively effected in society at all and anyone who disagrees is just a 'want to be victim.'

That's too much of an exaggeration. Males are not systematically discriminated against in terms of financial rewards, power and influence. There may be some lingering effects in child custody, etc., but these are by and large just reflections of the attitudes of judges and legislators, most of whom happen to be male. If men need specific mental health intervention, that should be provided - without another pity party to annoy the hell out of everybody.
If we assume that this is correct, that it is not systematic or society based, how do we provide that without 'pity parties' being formed and specifically advocating it ? Because that is pretty much how every other issue has come to attention of society ?

Should we deliberately not form a voice and try to change what you describe as 'may existing' and just hope it naturally occurs for some reason ? If so, we this topic and not others ?
What do you want to change? It sounds as if you believe women are automatically given custody of their children, which is not the case.
I'd venture high suicide rates in the West tie in if anything with industrialization, and the nihilism of trendy consumer culture.

As far as men go, well from a purely harsh, economic perspective, society is probably better with higher percentages of women anyway; in past eras men tended to die in conflict or labor and die much younger, so even being 49% of the population, that might be a little bit ecologically unbalanced.

Who knows, even a 10%-90% male/female demographic might be better for the economy in the long run.
(Sorry, didn't mean to double post; just thice once since I don't know how to edit prior posts)

And harsh truth is, I think if men's suicide rates are generally higher than women, it's because on the whole men tend to be the eviler and more selfish of the sexes.

The number who take their lives over a woman or being denied access to a child (a woman whom likely wasn't even a catch, and may have had an affair due to him not being much of a catch himself). This is likely a result of men being nihilistic and selfish, having no values other than acquiring sex or material things.

So the inevitable misery that results when they have nothing to live for seems to possibly be 'karma', as wise teachers such as the Buddha observed, their own vices led them to ruin.

Sure women have their own vices, but on the whole they're less materialistic, more infatuated with the aesthetic and higher things, rather than mere sex or material pleasures, and more selfless in their motivations, as they bear life in them. So i think they would be less prone to suicide no matter what, as they have more reason to live to begin with.
Donald wrote:lol, men have a higher suicide rate because their attempts are more successful.

That's not something to be proud of. More self-destructive is a virtue?

They're not attention whores.

If women sought the correct type of attention, they wouldn't need to whore for it, which is likely why female suicide rates are higher in dissolute consumer economies, than more virtuous nations.
Women are more likely to think of the effect their death would have on their families than men.

Women tend to seek help with their problems more than men.

That's about it, really.
Women attempt more suicides, men succeed in suicide more. It is a practical difference owing to methods. For example slitting wrists or ingesting toxic compounds takes hours. Bullet or self-hanging can take seconds to minutes. This gives the suicide participant less time to reconsider.
If a male is weak-willed enough to commit suicide, then why stop him?
By Prepper
In high schools about 70-some percent of teachers are female. In elementary schools (K-5 or 6 in America) 90+ percent of teachers are female. Heck, I wouldn't even want to be a male teacher working in such a place as an elementary school.
By Prepper
Scheherazade, overall the suicidal have strengths that those immune to depression and guilt do not have. With genetic engineering I could produce a human immune to depression and suicide, and we would call it a psychopath.
Prepper wrote:Scheherazade, overall the suicidal have strengths that those immune to depression and guilt do not have. With genetic engineering I could produce a human immune to depression and suicide, and we would call it a psychopath.
Mercenary wrote:

They're both two peas in a pod.

Those some of these "MRAs" seem even dumber than some of the angry crop of feminists.

I've seen some of them, for example blame child support and alimony on "feminism", even though that's completely backwards - modern alimony, divorce, child support laws are a holdover from the 1950s and before when women worked less and were much more financially dependent on the husband, so if anything they're a product of socially conservative "patriarchy", not feminism, especially the branches of feminism which argue that women should be financially 'independent' and support single motherhood.

At least the feminists I've seen have basic history and facts straight, even if their worldview lacks substance.

@Rugoz Why does wanting America taken down a p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]

I am not lying, you are part of the group providin[…]

I know what it means, some of us play in the real[…]