Abortion views: Pro-choice or Pro-life? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pro-logic.

If it is an accident, abort early. There is no reason why it should take up to 8 months to decide whether to opt for an abortion if one is undecided. Chucklefuck shits and giggles abortions should be illegal after a certain period as they pose doom to an almost fully formed person.

For those who wish to give birth but complications arise later on, posing danger to both baby and mother, logic dictates that babby is kill and aforementioned restrictions should not apply in such case. It is up to the mother to decide whether she undertakes a huge risk. Baby in that scenario is expendable. A casualty of circumstance. Mother's hand was forced.

It's called compromising based on situation. It really works wonders whatever you apply it to.

Turns out pro-abortion and pro-life advocates always take it too far in either extreme. Ranging from dissecting the brains of 8 month old fetuses to killing the mother just so a brat can be expunged into a world that doesn't want it. Where is the middle ground?
Did you miss the part about Augustin and Anselm being Aristotlian, who believed a male fetus cannot contain a soul for forty day, a female can't hold a soul for ninety days. Terminations weren't an issue durine the's earmy days.. Augustin forgave them for three months, based on Arostotle's reasoning. I think you might have also missed the part that read "Augustine [u]reversed [/u]centuries of Christian teaching in Western Europe,....."

Other Catholic thinkers felt the quickeNing indicated the fetus had a soul. Some found extreme poverty was a mitigating factor, including Aristotle.Rather than examining the wide variety of writings, you seem to be cherry picking what fits your belief sysem, which is okay, but it is precisely why you dont get to re-write the laws based on your interpretation of your religion

So, while it is widely seen in America as sinful, it certainly isn't widely regarded as a mortal sin.
Stormsmith wrote:Did you miss the part about Augustin and Anselm being Aristotlian, who believed a male fetus cannot contain a soul for forty day, a female can't hold a soul for ninety days.

Augustine and Anselm were Platonists, not Aristotelians. :eh:

It was Aquinas that retrieved Aristotelianism for Christendom.

Terminations weren't an issue durine the's earmy days..

This is false. We know from the Didache that abortion was strictly prohibited by the early church.

I think you might have also missed the part that read "Augustine reversed centuries of Christian teaching in Western Europe,....."

He did no such thing.

Other Catholic thinkers felt the quickeNing indicated the fetus had a soul. Some found extreme poverty was a mitigating factor, including Aristotle.Rather than examining the wide variety of writings, you seem to be cherry picking what fits your belief sysem, which is okay, but it is precisely why you dont get to re-write the laws based on your interpretation of your religion

I'm just going by what the Church teaches. You're the one who is trying to re-write laws based on your own interpretation (which appears to be irrational and erroneous).
Igor Antunov wrote:Pro-logic.

If it is an accident, abort early. There is no reason why it should take up to 8 months to decide whether to opt for an abortion if one is undecided. Chucklefuck shits and giggles abortions should be illegal after a certain period as they pose doom to an almost fully formed person.

For those who wish to give birth but complications arise later on, posing danger to both baby and mother, logic dictates that babby is kill and aforementioned restrictions should not apply in such case. It is up to the mother to decide whether she undertakes a huge risk. Baby in that scenario is expendable. A casualty of circumstance. Mother's hand was forced.

It's called compromising based on situation. It really works wonders whatever you apply it to.

Turns out pro-abortion and pro-life advocates always take it too far in either extreme. Ranging from dissecting the brains of 8 month old fetuses to killing the mother just so a brat can be expunged into a world that doesn't want it. Where is the middle ground?

This post might as well read, "I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE"

you are just pro-choice. You're not pro-logic, it's called being pro-choice. Also the type of abortion you rail against almost never happens. You're just pro-choice. Repeat after me. "I am pro-choice". No need to make up a category for yourself.

Also, abortions are a morally correct position. Having children is a morally negative choice. Abort all babies, IMO.
I'm pro-choice, and my main concern is that fetuses don't feel enough pain. The pain, the death, it's very important to me and I believe we're losing focus on the fact that these are lives we're ending, and we should be doing it in the most brutal manner possible.
You guys simplify things greatly. I'm pro-life when it comes to European babies, pro-choice where inferior specimens are concerned. But in both scenarios pro-mother. It is the way toward a better society. It is logic. Compromise. Look at South America by proportion of mixed vs Europeans. You can gauge economic indicators just from that.

We must practice more flexible, diverse abortion policies.
Igor, edgelording is a skill and you lack it.

Just say you are pro-eugenics then. If you're going to go as far as to say you are in favor of Europeans having more babies than coloreds just come out and say it.

Also just makes me laugh how time and time again the Trump trolls on this forum have predictably racist and insane political ideas that they shroud in whataboutism and false moral highground.
Your preconceptions give away your own racism, projection I see. I referred to babies that are less healthy in the womb, physically. There are tests for that. So yes, eugenics independent of race or background. On the whole however a sickly malnourished mother is going to give birth to a sickly child. More likely in a non-European community. Look at the statistics, they aren't made up.

As for South America, I refer to the observation that in societies where European cultural dominance is lessened, healthcare is lacking across the board, and the economy suffers. So yes cultural eugenics if you want to call it that. Once again race is irrelevant.

Why so jumpy with the racist angle? So indoctrinated...
:lol:

Igor Antunov wrote:I'm pro-life when it comes to European babies, pro-choice where inferior specimens are concerned.

Igor Antunov wrote:Why so jumpy with the racist angle? So indoctrinated...

Bruh if you're going to set a "le logical trap" at least post something that can be interpreted in a way that's not racist. What you posted was straight racism. Which is fine, I don't give a fuck if you're racist. Just don't try to pretend that you posted something not racist.
Look, all I know is that I want to see both black and white babies aborted equally, because having a baby is an evil act against the planet. Babies need diapers, food, shelter, clothing, etc and all of those things have an environmental cost. To be honest having one is one of the most selfish acts a person can undertake.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Look, all I know is that I want to see both black and white babies aborted equally, because having a baby is an evil act against the planet. Babies need diapers, food, shelter, clothing, etc and all of those things have an environmental cost. To be honest having one is one of the most selfish acts a person can undertake.

If Europe was loyal to its race 70 years ago the destruction of the environment wouldn't be an issue. :excited:

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]