Alcohol - A Cost/Benefit Analysis - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I drink alcohol. I don't deny that alcohol has caused some problems in my life. I'm well aware of the dangers of drinking. However, in general, I actually think that when I weigh the benefits against the costs of drinking alcohol, for me personally, alcohol has improved the quality of my life. Allow me to analyze and compare the costs to the benefits of drinking alcohol.

First I'll start with the negatives.

Alcohol Costs
1. Hangovers - In my experience, the hangover is the worst aspect of alcohol. A hangover can ruin an entire day. I can experience physical pain in the form of headaches, stomach aches, and fatigue. I also can experience mental pain in the form of anxiety and depression.

2. Empty Calories - Calories in alcohol turn to fat and this is obviously not good for a person who wishes to maintain a healthy body. More body fat leads to increased blood pressure as well as numerous other obvious health concerns.

3. Potential Social or Legal Consequences - Alcohol has the potential to make a person misbehave and act in a way that might get him in trouble either with his friends, loved ones, or with the law.

Now let's talk about the positives.

Alcohol Benefits
1. Stress and Anxiety Relief - Enjoying a night of drinking can relieve the stress one deals with in their every day lives. It gives the nerves a chance to unwind and relieve themselves from negative thoughts and emotions. It is relaxing and makes one feel good, and there's no question about this.

2. Increased Sexual Pleasure - In a sober state, we are inhibited to let out our natural urges due to social pressures that have been imposed onto us. When alcohol is used, sexual urges flow in a natural, healthy way, and we can find enjoyment with our partners in a way that we normally wouldn't be able to.

3. Improves Singing - I am an experienced musician and singer. I possess a legitimate 4 octave vocal range and have been performing live for years. I'm well aware of all of the technical aspects of the voice. Alcohol improves my singing abilities in the following ways:
(a) Loosens and opens up the throat
(b) Broadens my range
(c) Improves vocal control
(d) Makes chest and lungs fuller, improving breath control
(e) Makes me open up and sing with more passion

4. Improves Speech and Expression - I am a very deep, analytical thinker, which certainly has its benefits. But, when it comes to speech and expression, this can be harmful, in that I am always second guessing myself and holding back from speaking freely and openly. Alcohol clears away the doubt and allows my thoughts to flow smoothly from my head to my mouth. I am a more fun, likable person to talk to.

5. Music is more enjoyable - Alcohol allows me to enjoy the spirit and mood of certain types of music when I otherwise would be too stiff or rigid to get into it. It moves me, makes me want to sing along, bang my head, or even dance. In a sober state, I am one to be overly critical and judgmental towards music, which bars me from deriving joy from it.

6. Lastly and most importantly, drinking feels fucking good and is fun as hell. No matter when it is done, it is guaranteed to give you a great time. Just the simple act of hanging out with friends becomes a grand old occasion and creates many a wonderful memory. Being able to have a joyful, pleasurable outlet in life really spices things up and makes life more fun in general.

In conclusion then, we've seen 6 reasons why alcohol is beneficial and we've only seen 3 reasons why alcohol is harmful. It is based on this cost/benefit analysis that I choose to drink. I imagine the same is true for many other people, which is why it is so widely used. People wouldn't do it if it were something negative. There are good reasons to drink. I drink because I believe it to be more beneficial than harmful.
I don't agree with all of your pros and cons, but science is slowly admitting to the benefits of alcohol.
In conclusion then, we've seen 6 reasons why alcohol is beneficial and we've only seen 3 reasons why alcohol is harmful. It is based on this cost/benefit analysis that I choose to drink. I imagine the same is true for many other people, which is why it is so widely used. People wouldn't do it if it were something negative. There are good reasons to drink. I drink because I believe it to be more beneficial than harmful.

Sorry my friend but you are very wrong. You cannot do a "cost/benefit" analysis without having a relative value of the things you are evaluating. Let me demonstrate my point with a very simple example.

"Cost/Benefit analysis for eating a poison cake"
Costs:
1. - I will die.
Benefits:
1. - I will satiate my hunger
2. - The cake is delicious
3. - It was baked by the best baker in history
4. - It is lime flavor, my favorite
5. - I don't have to share it with anyone, it is all mine

And so on, you get the point. If we only take into account the "number of points" we should all be eating poison cakes but the fact is no matter how many benefits you can cramp in the second column as long as "I will die" remains in column A you (and most people) would not even consider it.

You seem to conveniently ignore all the health problems alcohol causes directly (yes you mentioned that it could make you fat and that causes blood pressure but that risk is small compared to those health consequences that are have a direct relationship with alcohol.)
Alcohol contributes to 7 of the 10 major causes of death. Deaths due to alcohol (as the direct cause, some other deaths due to secondary causes also exist) is estimated to be the 4th leading cause of preventable deaths. Alcohol is addictive, alcohol is expensive (although due to tax, the fact is if were possible to make a real cost/benefit analysis you must include that as well). Alcohol has direct causative link into the following horrendous diseases:
Liver cirrhosis, Liver cancer (hepatocellular), throat/esophageal cancers (these are among st the worse cancers you can imagine), pancreatitis, diabetes, congestive heart failure, dementia and memory problems, brain cell deaths, and the list goes on and on and on.

Most of the "benefits" you listed are due to the reduce inhibitory effects of alcohol. First you must acknowledge those inhibitions you have exists because through your childhood/education YOU LEARNED them because they made you (hopefully) a better part of the society or a more functional individual. So getting rid of those inhibitions is not necessarily a good thing. I do understand under certain circumstances it might be beneficial (a party) but the fact is you can learn to let go of those inhibitions AT WILL without the use of alcohol exactly the same way you learned the inhibitions in the first time. Basically everything that you can do under alcohol influence you can do off alcohol influence as well. Alcohol is NOT some kind of magic elixir that gives you powers. What you can do with it you can do without, perhaps with a bit more work.

Another observation is that although you might BELIEVE you singing better, always ask to someone that is SOBER after. You might be surprised learning that perhaps it was your perception (and perception of those under the influence) rather than objective difference. The opposite might rather be the case actually, you might be a worse singer and think you are just great.

Finally. Alcohol is a DEPRESSOR. It decreases the sexual drive and it also contributes to erectile dysfunction. You might find it easier to get laid by lowering your (and your partner's inhibition) but the actual sexual drive is decreased.

One Degree wrote:I don't agree with all of your pros and cons, but science is slowly admitting to the benefits of alcohol.

Careful how you phrase it. Your statement gives the false impression that there is a lot of potential to find benefit from alcohol when the reality is a lot less exiting. For one, the benefits of alcohol are limited to alcohol consumed in moderation. For a scientist moderation = 1-2 glasses of wine (5Oz) for a male and just 1 for women. Anything beyond that and we KNOW for sure there is no benefit because there are far worse consequences so any hidden benefit is irrelevant. And even for the "moderate" number you still have to take with a grain of salt as many of those studies show only a tiny improvement (just barely large enough to be statistically significant) but virtually all of them are observational studies which are not the most definitive. For instance: alcohol consumption of 1 glass/per day might be a good marker for someone who is a moderate person in everything in their life (moderate eating, going to sleep at the same time every night, exercising moderately, etc) so they might be overall more healthy because of this "moderation" rather than a direct causation of alcohol. The most definitive test would be to do a double blind experimental study using naive individuals (no alcohol consumption) but this kind of study would be highly unethical. Does that mean I am negating a potential benefit from 1 glass of wine a day? Off course not. I am just saying that does studies are hardly definitive, the effects that have been claimed so far are very small and if you are a 100% sober person that wish to be a healthier individual, starting to drink 1 glass of wine a day is hardly your best first step towards becoming healthier (exercise, nutrition, preventative medicine, relaxation techniques, all might have far more significant effect. A better way to interpret those results is: "If you already drink 1 glass a day, you don't need to cut it completely if you want to be healthier, just don't start drinking more".
Careful how you phrase it.

I can see how my statement could be misinterpreted. As you say, the medical profession gives the same cautions that you did. My point is simply the argument has slowly progressed from alcohol is bad to each year seeming to find a possible good correlation. Longer life expectancy, lower heart disease, fewer kidney stones, and a few other areas that show a possible correlation with moderate alcohol consumption. The list is from memory, so I will apologize in advance for any errors.
Yes Special Olympian, I have returned. I'm pretty good I guess. My life is alright.

XogGyuX,

The health problems you mentioned are due to excessive alcohol use. I don't drink excessively, so that doesn't apply to me. Remember, this is MY cost/benefit analysis, it is not meant to be used for everyone. These are the costs and benefits as they apply to MY life. I wouldn't ever drink if I believed the negatives outweighed the positives. I drink because it is a source for good.

I do not just believe I sing better when I drink. It is a fact, and I gave specific functional reasons for why this is, and you didn't even address any of them. I have band members who can vouch for me and they'll tell you I sing way better when I drink.

Again, you are completely wrong about how it affects sexual desire. It is a social drug. It isn't enough just to have your sexual desires working on a biological level. It's how it works IN PRACTICE that matters. Alcohol makes it easier to actually get with a girl and make things happen. Yes it is a depressant, but a depressant functions in many different ways. One of those ways is that it dulls the social inhibitions of making an advance on a girl. But secondly, I'm speaking from personal experience. Are you telling me that I'm lying? When I say it increases sexual pleasure, are you telling me I'm a liar? That would seem to be your counterargument.

The monetary cost of alcohol has never been a problem for me. So I didn't include it in my list of costs. But I suppose to be fair, I should have.
Agent Steel wrote:The health problems you mentioned are due to excessive alcohol use. I don't drink excessively, so that doesn't apply to me. Remember, this is MY cost/benefit analysis, it is not meant to be used for everyone. These are the costs and benefits as they apply to MY life. I wouldn't ever drink if I believed the negatives outweighed the positives. I drink because it is a source for good.

Your first post you talked about hangovers. Hangovers DO NOT happen with moderate (remember when used in clinical/scientific context moderate = 1- 2 beverages of alcohol for a male and 1 for a female) alcohol use. How often does this happen? More than 3-4 times per year is already worrisome. Once or more per month and you don't really fall into moderate but rather heavy alcohol consumption with perhaps even dependence.

I do not just believe I sing better when I drink. It is a fact, and I gave specific functional reasons for why this is, and you didn't even address any of them. I have band members who can vouch for me and they'll tell you I sing way better when I drink.

Many things could be contributing to this. Like I said, maybe its just you subjective but maybe you let go of some mental inhibition when that happens. Who knows... what is for sure true is that the effect, if there is any at all, is largely psychological and something you can learn to do without it. The excuse "I drink because it makes me better at my work is complete bullcrap :D " Also your buddies if they are drunk too they don't count as witnesses of you spectacular voice.

Again, you are completely wrong about how it affects sexual desire.

Not me. Scientific literature. Google it.

Alcohol makes it easier to actually get with a girl and make things happen.

I did acknowledged that. That is borderline unethical :lol: but who cares.
That is however different from sexual drive. Alcohol decreases sexual drive period. Alcohol also causes erectile dysfunction, so you might get laid more with floppier penis :lol: .

It is a fact, and I gave specific functional reasons for why this is, and you didn't even address any of them.

You gave nothing. Half your "reasons" are subjective and I doubt the ones that you could measure objectively (lung volume, frequency range and control) you went through the trouble of objectively measuring them (e.g. did you measure your lung capacity using spectrometer on and off alcohol as a double blinded experiment? I am going to go for no). Again you might feel like it, your buddies might feel like it (also does not count if they are also half/full drunk) and even if there is a [subjective] difference it is more than likely it is a psychological one that can be achieved without using any substance.
Are you telling me that I'm lying?

That depends. I think what you are saying is not true but I do think you believe what you are saying.
That would seem to be your counterargument.

Science, empirical evidence, 4 years of medical school, the word of each and every doctor I have spoken with in many years, life experience. Take your pick.

My friend what you are doing is classic rationalizing which is a very common defense mechanism (I knew those psychology classes were going to pay off one day! :lol: ). I don't know you, i don't know how much you drink and you have not said it but i suspect is a bit more than you should. If you drink small amounts of alcohol (1-2 drinks per day) you are great, you don't need to find any reasons to stop or to justify what you are doing. You do it because you like it PERIOD. If you drink more you are definitely putting your health at risk, how much risk? well that depends in how much, how often you drink and your genetics, hard to say.
I always find it hard to say "moderate" drinking because as used in health/scientific literature means 1-2 drinks which most people will probably just consider "light" drinking. Moderate is not a six packs/day or drunk on weekends, that my friend is heavy drinking/dependent.
Last edited by XogGyux on 14 Dec 2016 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
Your first post you talked about hangovers. Hangovers DO NOT happen with moderate (remember when used in clinical/scientific context moderate = 1- 2 beverages of alcohol for a male and 1 for a female) alcohol use. How often does this happen? More than 3-4 times per year is already worrisome. Once or more per month and you don't really fall into moderate but rather heavy alcohol consumption with perhaps even dependence.

:eh: Your definition of moderate/heavy drinking is way off. Where are you getting those figures from? If you're defining "moderate" as so little as to avoid ANY negative effects whatsoever, then by your definition I would not be a moderate drinker. But that's absurd. Moderate means a medium or average amount. A moderate degree of activity is defined by more than just a tiny amount.

Many things could be contributing to this. Like I said, maybe its just you subjective but maybe you let go of some mental inhibition when that happens. Who knows... what is for sure true is that the effect, if there is any at all, is largely psychological and something you can learn to do without it. The excuse "I drink because it makes me better at my work is complete bullcrap :D " Also your buddies if they are drunk too they don't count as witnesses of you spectacular voice.

Whatever the reason may be, the important thing is that it is a known, established fact, based on experience, that I sing a hell of a lot better when I drink. Don't try to argue with me on this point. You will lose. This is the strongest benefit alcohol gives to me, and by far the most important. I have been singing and performing for years, and nothing is more important to me than my work. This reason alone trumps any negative health effects of alcohol.

Not me. Scientific literature. Google it.

I did acknowledged that. That is borderline unethical :lol: but who cares.
That is however different from sexual drive. Alcohol decreases sexual drive period. Alcohol also causes erectile dysfunction, so you might get laid more with floppier penis :lol:

I see you didn't respond to my main point, so I'll make it again. There is more to sexual drive than how it exists on a purely scientific, biological level. Sexuality in humans has much to do with the social and mental aspect, which is why on that level, alcohol works to increase sexual performance and sexual pleasure. The chemical effects you say that reduce sexual drive and cause erectile dysfunction are completely counteracted by the way it affects you in other areas, and the way in which it works IN PRACTICE.

You gave nothing. Half your "reasons" are subjective and I doubt the ones that you could measure objectively (lung volume, frequency range and control) you went through the trouble of objectively measuring them (e.g. did you measure your lung capacity using spectrometer on and off alcohol as a double blinded experiment? I am going to go for no). Again you might feel like it, your buddies might feel like it (also does not count if they are also half/full drunk) and even if there is a [subjective] difference it is more than likely it is a psychological one that can be achieved without using any substance.

There is an objective measurement of how alcohol loosens and opens up the throat, relaxing the jaw and facial muscles, allowing me the ability to sing higher and with brighter tone than I do when I am sober. Alcohol has objective physical effects on the body. It calms the nerves and opens up the body. This is crucial to singing with proper technique. Muscular tension and stiffness is bad for your voice. Alcohol helps relieve that tension.

Science, empirical evidence, 4 years of medical school, the word of each and every doctor I have spoken with in many years, life experience. Take your pick.

My friend what you are doing is classic rationalizing which is a very common defense mechanism (I knew those psychology classes were going to pay off one day! :lol: ).

I have spoken with my doctor about my drinking habits, and he tells me that there is no problem there. He says not to worry about it. I have also taken questionnaires to determine whether alcohol is a problem in my life, and the results have said that I am on the safe side. Has alcohol caused SOME problems in the course of life? Fuck yes. Does that therefore mean I'm an alcoholic or a problem drinker? Fuck no. That's ridiculous. It's not realistic or rational to look at it that way. You have to measure the overall good against the overall bad. If it were a bad thing overall, then I wouldn't drink.
I have spoken with my doctor about my drinking habits, and he tells me that there is no problem there. He says not to worry about it. I have also taken questionnaires to determine whether alcohol is a problem in my life, and the results have said that I am on the safe side. Has alcohol caused SOME problems in the course of life? Fuck yes. Does that therefore mean I'm an alcoholic or a problem drinker? Fuck no. That's ridiculous. It's not realistic or rational to look at it that way. You have to measure the overall good against the overall bad. If it were a bad thing overall, then I wouldn't drink.

I love my beer, so I make lots of justifications for it. As a long term beer drinker, I can tell you all of the benefits you attribute to alcohol will require an ever increasing amount of alcohol. This is why the medical profession places limits on daily amounts.
Edit: I failed to mention the escalation will reach a point where no amount of alcohol will allow you to achieve the previous benefits.
I love my beer, so I make lots of justifications for it. As a long term beer drinker, I can tell you all of the benefits you attribute to alcohol will require an ever increasing amount of alcohol. This is why the medical profession places limits on daily amounts.
Edit: I failed to mention the escalation will reach a point where no amount of alcohol will allow you to achieve the previous benefits.

Again, I have to object to this. As someone who enjoys drinking, I have found that the fun and joy is lost if you do it habitually to the point where you need to increase the amount you take in. I do not drink habitually. I do not see the point. I drink in such a way that it is always a blast whenever I do it. If I were to do it often, it wouldn't be fun anymore. I'm very turned off by the thought of habitual drinking.
You are describing binge drinking where the health problems are more socially related, such as disease, accidents, and rape. The medical community says binge drinking is worse than social drinking, but I can see an argument for individual responsibility here.
:eh: Your definition of moderate/heavy drinking is way off.

Actually yours is. (I stated this already a couple times, lets see if you manage to ignore it again)

The National Health Service (NHS), UK, states that:
Men should not regularly consume more than 3-4 units of alcohol per day
Women should not regularly consume more than 2-3 units per day
Regularly means either everyday or most days of the week.

The NHS defines 1 unit of alcohol as 10ml (8g) of pure alcohol.

After you do the math this comes to about 2 beers/day (not exeding 14 per week) for males or about 2 glasses of wines. Other definitions are a bit more liberal with what you can drink in 1 sitting and say 3-4 drinks (not units, dont get confused) is ok per day but still not exeding the 14/week, that one is nearly universal for all definitions of "moderate drinking" so if you drink 4 on saturday 4 on sunday and you are left with only 1 beer per day for the remainder of the week.
I realize this might be a lot less than you imagined it would be (and a lot less of what you actually consume) but that is how the scientific and health community defines it and thats basically the maximum that you should drink without expecting more serious complications. Keep in mind that if you drink your "14 beers allowance" on a single sitting (even if you don't drink the rest of the week) that is considered binge drinking and its also bad.
You can argue all you want about how fair (or unifair it is) but the fact of the matter is if you drink more than that you are definitely risking health consequences. How serious? Hard to say everyone is different and to start with we don't even know how much you drink for sure. You have been rather vague but I suspect is quite a lot :D .

Whatever the reason may be, the important thing is that it is a known, established fact, based on experience, that I sing a hell of a lot better when I drink. Don't try to argue with me on this point. You will lose. This is the strongest benefit alcohol gives to me, and by far the most important. I have been singing and performing for years, and nothing is more important to me than my work. This reason alone trumps any negative health effects of alcohol.

You have no idea how ridiculous that sounds to somone that has a remote idea of how alcohol works/doesn't work. I have heard "I drive my truck much better after a couple of cold beers" many times, load of bullcrap.
I see you didn't respond to my main point, so I'll make it again. There is more to sexual drive than how it exists on a purely scientific, biological level. Sexuality in humans has much to do with the social and mental aspect, which is why on that level, alcohol works to increase sexual performance and sexual pleasure.

Nope.

I have spoken with my doctor about my drinking habits, and he tells me that there is no problem there.

I can't comment on that. Maybe you were not sincere with your doctor when he asked you how much you REALLY drink, maybe you have other medical conditions and your doctor estimate that drinking is the least of your problems (you are dying from something else rather quickly?), maybe he is the worse doctor in town, maybe he is your drinking buddy. I honestly can't say but what I do can tell you is that most GOOD doctors will advice you to cut down your drinking to no more than 2 beverages per day. Would you doctor be alarmed if you drink 3 beers per day and Saturdays you drink 4? Probably not, it might be higher than the maximum recommended but its not absurdly higher so if you are healthy otherwise, no family history of abuse, no history of liver disease he might say "enjoy it while you can" and call it a day.
Has alcohol caused SOME problems in the course of life? Fuck yes.

Actually that alone qualifies you for substance dependance no more questions asked. Moderate drinkers DO NOT get drunk. If you have a DUI you are a substance abuser, if you ever went to jail (even if not convicted) for alcohol related problems (fight, domestic violence, etc) you already qualify, if you ever been hospitalized for either alcohol intoxication or withdrawal you already qualify. If you know what "delirium tremens" is you already qualify.
Does that therefore mean I'm an alcoholic or a problem drinker? Fuck no.

Fuck yes.
You have to measure the overall good against the overall bad.

I already explained to you why you cannot compare "pros" and "cons" because a single big "cons" (death) outweighs any number of "pros" you can find.
If it were a bad thing overall, then I wouldn't drink.

Then don't. Or at least cut it to less than 2/ day 14/week (give or take. you dont have to be freaking religious about it, you drink 3 one day the world won't end.)
But I suspect that is not a realistic option for you. I think you are in a denial phase at the moment.

Depends on your personality and personal situation. We have a few alcoholics in the family. It's not fun.

I agree. My paternal grandfather was an alcoholic (drunk half the week) and as a result i barely got to know him as my mother did not want me to fraternize much with him. My father is a functional alcoholic, definitely heavy drinker with some (i think minimal) degree of dependance though I have never seen him actually drunk.
I love my beer, so I make lots of justifications for it.

You don't need a lot of justifications. You just need one, you love it. Thats enough. Just do it with moderation if you dont want to harm yourself/others.

One Degree wrote:You are describing binge drinking where the health problems are more socially related, such as disease, accidents, and rape. The medical community says binge drinking is worse than social drinking, but I can see an argument for individual responsibility here.

I find the term "social drinking" very ambiguous as many regular people use it to describe what is really binge drinking (e.g. "I only drink when i go to a party and i chug 2 six packs".) Technically a social drinker means alcohol in moderation (so the same rules apply 2 drinks/day to a maximum of 14) so in theory a "social drinker" drinks less than a "moderate drinker".
Have you looked at people who don't drink recently? The blow themselves up and chop people's heads of and stuff. It is obviously a bad idea.
Untrue. I run on a large, circular treadmill that spins around my private space station without shoes just fine. Running shoes are for poor people too lazy to get their own space station.
I used to have a Space Station, but it got boring. The servants were always getting in the way, too.

Alcohol is great. It's like icing on the cake of life.
XogGyuX,

It appears you're unwilling to try to understand my point of view. I've outlined very clear, substantive benefits to drinking alcohol, and you've mostly just denied that they exist, or distorted the issues. You don't appear to offer a very well reasoned case; you simply assert that my alcohol usage must be problematic, despite good reasons to the contrary.

Your views about what constitutes moderate vs. heavy drinking are unreasonable and don't really give a clear, realistic picture about alcohol usage. When you put out that type of information, it makes normal, healthy people believe that they are alcoholics, when they really are not. This can be psychologically distressing to someone who doesn't know any better. I happen to know better, and you are wrong on this issue.
Classic denial and rationalization.
Your views about what constitutes moderate vs. heavy drinking are unreasonable and don't really give a clear, realistic picture about alcohol usage.

They are not my views, that is health/scientific community. It is the freaking new England journal of medicine, the national health institute and pretty much every single respectable organization.
"According to the "Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020,” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture, moderate drinking is up to 1 drink per day for women and up to 2 drinks per day for men."

"SAMHSA defines heavy drinking as drinking 5 or more drinks on the same occasion on each of 5 or more days in the past 30 days."
https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-healt ... e-drinking
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcp1204714
I could cite you about 100 more if you wish but at this point I doubt it will make a difference.

Tell me something. What do you define in your own numbers moderate and heavy and if you don't mind share with us on average how many days of the week you drink, how many of what type of alcohol you drink, how often are you drunk/hangover in a month or year and if you have ever had any of the following: DUI, Arrests related to alcohol in any way (violence, disorderly conduct, etc) or if you have been admitted to the hospital with some relation with alcohol.

It appears you're unwilling to try to understand my point of view.

I actually understand your point of view more than you do.
Nothing like waking up from being passed out on the living room floor in January, to find your wife and kids wrapped in blankets, to make you realize those fun night outs may not be all that great. Relax, enjoy, but moderation is better for everyone.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]