Why is (American) College So Expensive? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
AFAIK wrote:The stock market represent how profitable investors consider their potential investments to be. We live in an economy where half of all resources are owned by 1% of the population and even within that 1% wealth is weighted at the top (Oxfam). The stock market's valuation is a reflection of a small minority (and the amount of QE being pumped in).

Wealth is usually held by the minority, this has always been true. The stock market represents the overall health of the economy, it does not reflect the economic reality of individual citizens or even a majority of them. We are talking overall national economic situation, which is what really is important.
Yale doctoral students currently earn a stipend $30,000 a year, receive free health care, and have their $40,000 tuition paid in full, according to Yale News.

This stipend could be one of the reasons, which is unheard of outside the United States. Grad and doctoral students can get $20,000-30,000 a year from universities to cover their living expenses, funded by charging expensive tuition fees for undergraduates.
ThirdTerm wrote:This stipend could be one of the reasons, which is unheard of outside the United States.

Stipends exist outside the U.S. Zurich's, for an example of a particularly excessive one, ranges from 47'040 to 80'320 Swiss Francs.

Usually these stipends (inside the U.S., too, I believe) are tied to being an RA or a TA, though.
Drlee wrote:According to the world bank Household final consumption, etc is 68% of the US GDP.

The Fed says:

So apologize to Misty. Man up.

Thanks for finding that info, DrL.

An apology is not necessary, but thanks for saying that. I wondered if my comments were stupid. It was 6 years or so that I wrote a paper on GDP, not that it was very good.

I am going to learn about Finance this summer, should be interesting. I will do my best to follow along.

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]