Gender Identity - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By mikema63
You're on a whole another level of crazy. I think you need biology classes

:lol:

Scientists can identify the sex of bodies that are hundreds of years old and decomposed.

My point is that sex, in the context of biological study, is not cut and dried. It's extremely complex even within humans, outside of humans it becomes a subfield in its own right.

You want a binary truth to a problem with a million facets.
By Buzz62
This is something I wrestle with.
Some people maintain that the word sex should be reserved for reference to the biological aspects of being male or female or to sexual activity, and that the word gender should be used only to refer to sociocultural roles. ... In some situations this distinction avoids ambiguity, as in gender research, which is clear in a way that sex research is not. The distinction can be problematic, however. Linguistically, there isn't any real difference between gender bias and sex bias, and it may seem contrived to insist that sex is incorrect in this instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_g ... istinction
Do transsexual people deserve the right to be as open about their sexuality as straight people? Absolutely.
What gender is a female, physically as well as in identification, who likes other females? Female i guess eh?
How about the guy who identifies as a female, and is attracted to males? Female as well?
Why am I having so much trouble, believing a GUY, can be called a girl. Is he a guy who feels like a girl? sure. Is HE a GIRL?
It's a perverse idea to me. And I'm good with sexual deviance...for the most part.
What do you think this sort of BS is doing to real homophobes?
I can't figure why anyone cares.

If someone wants to lob off nuts here and sew up trim there, it's not something that I'd do to myself--but I don't really have to deal with it, so fine.

What are we really talking about here? That I should dig deep down in my feelings, find how someone makes me feel, and then express my feelings to this other person, and then have protections for the person's possible negative reaction to me precious fee-fees and on and on and on?

I can't imagine what happened in the last ten or twenty years when everyone's whining about their feelings like the world owes them a place where they won't be offended by a dude in a dress, or something sad in history class that needs a trigger warning, or whatever.

The world exists. Deal with it.
@The Immortal Goon. I think it's a problem in society when people with serious mental issues, serious enough to drive some to suicide are underoing life long body altering surgeries and hormone therapies. But if they have the money to pay for it then that's their choice. There are plenty of butchers out there who are prepared at a price to hack up faces and bodies for willing people.

Where the line shoukd be drawn however is when the rest of society is expected by law to play along with mental illness. Government cannot make me invert reality.

Yes there are grey lines with some people being between sex's but if someone is born with male hormones and male genetalia then they are a man and vice versa.

You can play whatever gender you feel like but biologically you are either male female or somewhere inbetween and as of yet we dont have the scientific technology to alter this.

But as i have already said the big issue here is the government stance that they think they have the right to make citizens invert reality.
By Seeker8
Seems to be the exact same ignorant people who used to whine about homosexuality who have now moved on to transgenderism.

I think it might these whiners who have the mental handicap.
Seeker8 wrote:Seems to be the exact same ignorant people who used to whine about homosexuality who have now moved on to transgenderism.

I think it might these whiners who have the mental handicap.

Seems to me that you might be one of these liberals who like to be spoon fed what to believe without putting any thought of your own into it.

The context of your use of the term "mentally handicapped" shows just how little empathy you have for vulnerable people which reinforces my opinion of you.
By Seeker8
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Seems to me that you might be one of these liberals who like to be spoon fed what to believe without putting any thought of your own into it.

Nope, no one needed to spoon feed me into not being a ignorant judgemental bigot, That's just the way i am. I tend not to have a problem with people unless they're harming others.

jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:
The context of your use of the term "mentally handicapped" shows just how little empathy you have for vulnerable people which reinforces my opinion of you.

No, that is the term used by the ignorants in this thread against transgender people, in case you didn't notice. No idea what that has to do with "empathy for vulnerable people".
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:@The Immortal Goon. I think it's a problem in society when people with serious mental issues, serious enough to drive some to suicide are underoing life long body altering surgeries and hormone therapies. But if they have the money to pay for it then that's their choice. There are plenty of butchers out there who are prepared at a price to hack up faces and bodies for willing people.

That's the most logical argument about this, though I'd point out that by the same reasoning booze and sweets should be outlawed as they provide no nutritional value and contribute to the single largest medical expenses.

And that is presuming, of course, that the medical and capital system in such a society is running at a peak efficiency where there is no other types of cosmetic surgery and wastes of money.

And this is, possibly, a discussion to be had.

I suspect that for most, if we're being completely honest with ourselves and each other, is a convenient financial issue in order to justify a long discussion about our feelings. Which, as I think I've made clear, is a discussion I'm in no way interested in having.
By Buzz62
Seeker8 wrote:Nope, no one needed to spoon feed me into not being a ignorant judgemental bigot, That's just the way i am. I tend not to have a problem with people unless they're harming others.

No, that is the term used by the ignorants in this thread against transgender people, in case you didn't notice. No idea what that has to do with "empathy for vulnerable people".

OK first, Transgender includes Homosexuality.
And who said anyone was against anyone? Or are you just hopping up on your alt-left horse again... :knife:
There are 2 sexes. The reason for this is procreation. That's how we've evolved naturally.
I can't help but have an issue with warping the word "gender", or the word "sex" for that matter, when "transgender" about says it all. A person can be "transgender". Nature does that too apparently. But any given person, is born as one of the 2 binary "genders". Even if they are also born with a "transgender" psyche.
By Politiks
Gender identity is creating a solution for a non-existing problem. There's 2 genders: male and female and the in between anomilies like hermaphrodite. Trans people are a male or female that changed their sex organs and/or took male/female hormones to look like another gender when they look in the mirror.

If sex didn't exist, if gender was a creation , trans people wouldn't exist. We don't need to create problems for future generations to have same sex equality and to understand trans people always existed and are a very small percentage of humanity, but part of humanity. You can have LBGT rights without the nonsense that is Non-binary, "there's 100 types of gender" and so on. The stupidity of those people made me laugh at first but now they are trying to say 5 year old that can't clean their own ass yet can decided what gender they are and parents are obligated to accept it. Went from hilarious to insanity in a split of a second.
By Seeker8
@Buzz62
Being transgender is independent of sexual orientation:[9] transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc., or may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable

Also, alt-left doesn't exist. Try and learn to accept facts.
By Buzz62
Seeker8 wrote:@Buzz62

Also, alt-left doesn't exist. Try and learn to accept facts.

What was it I said?
I wrote:OK first, Transgender includes Homosexuality.

And your reply is a quote that what...supports my statement?
Being transgender is independent of sexual orientation:[9] transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc., or may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable

Dude...we agree apparently. :roll:

And as I've said elsewhere, if you find the bucket label "alt-left" objectionable, I am good with the label "Commie".
By Seeker8
@Buzz62
So what was the point of your statement? You were just telling me Transexuals can be gay? I allready knew that but thanks for that irrelevant piece of information.
By Buzz62
Seeker8 wrote:Seems to be the exact same ignorant people who used to whine about homosexuality who have now moved on to transgenderism.

How can anyone "move on" to the same thing? Ergo, you required clarification.
You've been clarified.
And you're welcome.
By Seeker8
Homosexuality isn't the same thing as Transgenderism. That's stupid.

You are so defensive whenever someone critizises bigots or racists. Wonder why that is?
By Pants-of-dog
Apparently some people require clarification:

Gender identity:

Gender identity is one's personal experience of one's own gender.[1] Gender identity can correlate with assigned sex at birth, or can differ from it completely.[2] All societies have a set of gender categories that can serve as the basis of the formation of a person's social identity in relation to other members of society.[3] In most societies, there is a basic division between gender attributes assigned to males and females,[4] a gender binary to which most people adhere and which includes expectations of masculinity and femininity in all aspects of sex and gender: biological sex, gender identity, and gender expression.[5] In all societies, some individuals do not identify with some (or all) of the aspects of gender that are assigned to their biological sex;[6] some of those individuals are transgender or genderqueer. Some societies have third gender categories.

The difference between sex and gender:

The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity).[1][2] In some circumstances, an individual's assigned sex and gender do not align, and the person may be transgender,[1] non-binary, or gender-nonconforming. In some cases, an individual may have biological sex characteristics that complicate sex assignment, and the person may be intersex.

Gender roles:

A gender role is a set of societal norms dictating the types of behaviors which are generally considered acceptable, appropriate, or desirable for people based on their actual or perceived sex or sexuality. Gender roles are usually centered on conceptions of femininity and masculinity, although there are exceptions and variations. The specifics regarding these gendered expectations may vary substantially among cultures, while other characteristics may be common throughout a range of cultures. There is ongoing debate as to what extent gender roles and their variations are biologically determined, and to what extent they are socially constructed.
By Buzz62
Seeker8 wrote:Homosexuality isn't the same thing as Transgenderism. That's stupid.

No...posting quotes that contradict your position, then try to argue the quote doesn't say, what it says, is "stupid".

Seeker8 wrote:You are so defensive whenever someone critizises bigots or racists. Wonder why that is?

As I've said many times...I don't like "stupidity".

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]