Truth or Fiction: Alcohol makes people speak more honestly - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It is commonly believed that people say what they truly mean when they are intoxicated.

I for one think this is complete and utter bullshit.

Why would you for one minute put any degree of reliability on the words of a drunk?

A sober mind produces accurate results. A clouded drunken mind does NOT.

I think it's an old wive's tale that has no basis in science. What do you think?

This topic might be best suited for the science forum, but I'll let the mods decide.
I'm guessing you said something extremely embarrassing that outed something about yourself while you were drinking. :lol:

Alcohol generally induces, among other things, lessened inhibition. Someone intoxicated can say things they've kept to themselves while sober, but someone intoxicated can easily say things they don't mean because they think it will hurt someone.

So whatever it is you said, just chalk it up to "it was the alcohol that did the talking."
Bulaba Jones wrote:I'm guessing you said something extremely embarrassing that outed something about yourself while you were drinking. :lol:

Alcohol generally induces, among other things, lessened inhibition. Someone intoxicated can say things they've kept to themselves while sober, but someone intoxicated can easily say things they don't mean because they think it will hurt someone.

So whatever it is you said, just chalk it up to "it was the alcohol that did the talking."

Personally, most of the time alcohol in moderate use makes me speak better. Not only in terms of being more fluent, but I am a happy, funny, and likable drunk.

My mouth actually gets me in more trouble in my stiff sober state of mind.
Alcohol puts people in an altered state of consciousness. It brings some of the subconscious thoughts and carefully guarded thoughts to the surface. Unless you're an angry drunk who just likes to throw things or a crying drunk who blubbers the whole time, you won't say much. It's pretty bad to be a talkative drunk. One of the reasons I don't drink is that I might be a chatty drunk and I hate to reveal too much about myself to others.

I think that you can get the truth from people best through hypnosis or psychoanalysis.

:lol: @skinster Don't ever change. :D
I told my boss I really like my job while wasted at our office Christmas party, so I'm gonna say it can go either way. :lol:

Like @skinster and @Bulaba Jones, I am keen to hear more about stiff things in Agent Steel's mouth. I reckon I could get him to ease up over a pint or 12. :excited:

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]