Obese America - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Ter
#14972077
MistyTiger wrote:Define not very interested.


It is a bit difficult to explain.
I have always concentrated on the legs and the buttocks in terms of sexual attraction.

I am also an ardent believer that breasts in human females became larger as a result of adapting to bipedal locomotion, thereby depriving the males of a visual sexual signal (the buttocks). So with a bit of good will we can view the breasts as a mimicry of the buttocks when standing up.

Our cousins the apes do not have enlarged breasts because they still move around on all four extremities and there is no need for enlarged breasts for milk production. It is just adipose fat tissue.
User avatar
By MistyTiger
#14972104
Ter wrote:It is a bit difficult to explain.
I have always concentrated on the legs and the buttocks in terms of sexual attraction.

I am also an ardent believer that breasts in human females became larger as a result of adapting to bipedal locomotion, thereby depriving the males of a visual sexual signal (the buttocks). So with a bit of good will we can view the breasts as a mimicry of the buttocks when standing up.

Our cousins the apes do not have enlarged breasts because they still move around on all four extremities and there is no need for enlarged breasts for milk production. It is just adipose fat tissue.


Hmmm, thanks for that explanation.

I think most men favor the legs and butt, because of how a woman can move those limbs. I feel most guys stare at my butt and legs than anything else. Breasts can look bigger due to padded bras these days so that could be a turnoff.

Enlarged breasts are such an inconvenience for bipeds though. They lead to back strain and pain, plus food falls on them during meals. The sagging is just horrible. I would rather have a flat chest than have lots of sagging.
User avatar
By Ter
#14972109
MistyTiger wrote:
Hmmm, thanks for that explanation.

I think most men favor the legs and butt, because of how a woman can move those limbs. I feel most guys stare at my butt and legs than anything else. Breasts can look bigger due to padded bras these days so that could be a turnoff.

Enlarged breasts are such an inconvenience for bipeds though. They lead to back strain and pain, plus food falls on them during meals. The sagging is just horrible. I would rather have a flat chest than have lots of sagging.
Yes I agree that large breasts must be cumbersome.

For women with small breasts they developed the wonder bra. When you take off the bra you wonder where the breasts went
User avatar
By Godstud
#14972112
A 'link' does not necessarily mean this is always the case, @SSDR.

Also, did you see this nugget, from your first source?
No association between childhood abuse and obesity or overweight was observed for women in this sample.

So how do you explain that?

It also indicates that among people with abuse it is higher, but not that people who aren't abused cannot be obese. It only indicates it's more common among people who were abused. It's kind of irrelevant to the topic, since we aren't talking about every factor in being obese, only that it's a problem.

SSDR wrote:Education is a weapon to the ignorant.
There is no need to be a tool.
#14972201
Ter wrote:Also, contrary to many other men, I am not very interested in breasts.


I'm a boob man myself, If they can't smother me, I'm not interested.

I married accordingly.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#14972316
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I'm a boob man myself, If they can't smother me, I'm not interested.

I married accordingly.


A man after my own heart on this matter :D

Beautiful large breasts on a woman are another proof of a loving Father God, and not just for children :)
User avatar
By SSDR
#14972332
@Godstud, And the same for you. Your 'links' that you may ever use in the future (if you use one, if not, then you can say "I never used a link so what are you talking about?") to counter argue me are not always true either. Anyone can lie. Governments lie. Research enterprises lie. Scientists lie. People lie. Nothing can be proven with links so it's useless for both sides.

"No association between childhood abuse and obesity or overweight was observed for women in this sample."

- How do they know that? They have the potential to lie so you may not know if that's true.

"It also indicates that among people with abuse it is higher, but not that people who aren't abused cannot be obese. It only indicates it's more common among people who were abused. It's kind of irrelevant to the topic, since we aren't talking about every factor in being obese, only that it's a problem."

- Exactly, you just proved most of my point. I NEVER said that people who aren't abused cannot be fat. What I was saying was that most obese people tend to have abusive childhoods, so they eat a lot to cope with the traumas, to make them feel better. It's more common. And I was NEVER talking about every single fucking factor. Not every, single, one.

Everything is a tool. Your (and my) mother's wombs were tools that we used before we were given birth to. Everything is used. That's how humans survive. People use each other. If we're not tools, then what are we? Some monks who are so emotional that we value everything like money lovers?
User avatar
By Godstud
#14972376
:roll: I never said you were lying, @SSDR. I was saying that the link your provided was merely explaining a single factor of obesity and was not the only one, and that was even evident in the links. I never said it wasn't accurate or that anyone lied.


I was using this definition of a tool.
Tool
Someone who others normally refer to as a prick, dick, or schmuck.

I don't think English is your first language, so I'll give you a break. :)
User avatar
By SSDR
#14972378
@Godstud, I never claimed that there was only one factor to obesity. There are many factors in society that can cause obesity. But one of them is child hood abuse.

And no, English is not my first language. I speak five languages so sometimes I do struggle with English.
User avatar
By Godstud
#14972408
You do pretty good with English, so that's probably why you missed it. No matter. I am probably just not used to your argument style. I guess I thought you placed far too much emphasis on it.

There's a shitload of psychological and dietary reasons as to why obesity is rampant, but one of the prime ones is availability of shit food, and price.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14989666
Here are a few pics I took in about an hour here in Florida. jimjam posits that obesity is indeed a national emergency of far greater danger to America than a wall to protect the country from brown people as championed (ad infinitum) by America's now legally obese president.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
By Ter
#14989749
:eek:
I met a young African educated man who preferred such obese women.
Both his American wife and his African girl friend were morbidly obese.
I will never understand this.
User avatar
By Rancid
#14989862
For 2018 America paced 18th most obese country.

THIS IS A CRYING SHAME!

I'm calling on all Americans to go out to their nearest McDonalds, and order 4 Quarter Pounders with Cheese!

@Negotiator , Many populations don't support goi[…]

Cricket

:roll: It's either "I don't care", or &[…]

One would imagine that any sentient being would re[…]

The Central Plaza mall parking lot at opening time[…]