Homosexuality and Population Groups - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Are the genes for homosexuality present in equal proportion in various nations?

For example, I read a report which said that the number of those who identify with bisexual spectrum of orientation is becoming more common in the UK among 18-24 year olds.

Further research has led me to the understanding that there is still no fundamental understanding of genetic basis for homosexual orientations although there is significant allusion to it through correlating genes. The genes exist on several chromosomes.

Is it possible that homosexuality is more common in some countries because of a higher proportion of these genes that incline towards homoexuality? Or is it that the proportion exists at the same level in all countries?
Has no one thought of the possibility that our thinking may help determine which genetic influence is activated?
One Degree wrote:Has no one thought of the possibility that our thinking may help determine which genetic influence is activated?

But why does this influence even exist there in the first place?

I don't understand why, but it seems there is a very large bisexual increase now days.

I just wonder, is it only specific to the UK or will you find this is most other nations too?
B0ycey wrote:You'll be providing the link to back up the statement right?

No need. It is common knowledge what the field of psychology/psychiatry accepted before being mostly silenced by activists. The large majority have sexual identity issues caused by trauma.
One Degree wrote:No need. It is common knowledge what the field of psychology/psychiatry accepted before being mostly silenced by activists. The large majority have sexual identity issues caused by trauma.

I'm afraid that still remains just you word as some guy on the internet.

The judgement on weather your statements need more support isn't one you get to make.

Yeah I;'m sure YOUR convoinced by your "common knowledge" the rest of us are not.
pugsville wrote:I'm afraid that still remains just you word as some guy on the internet.

The judgement on weather your statements need more support isn't one you get to make.

Yeah I;'m sure YOUR convoinced by your "common knowledge" the rest of us are not.

Whatever. All of this has been dragged up many times before. None of it is new. I am not interested in another ‘my source is better than your source’. I will leave you to it.
One Degree wrote:No need. It is common knowledge what the field of psychology/psychiatry accepted before being mostly silenced by activists. The large majority have sexual identity issues caused by trauma.

No need? Common knowledge? What like Trumps words. :lol:

Is that what we count as evidence today from the Trumpist? No wonder your arguments are so bad.
B0ycey wrote:No need? Common knowledge? What like Trumps words. :lol:

Is that what we count as evidence today from the Trumpist? No wonder your arguments are so bad.

You let me know when they find the ‘gay gene’. Until then, it is emotional.
I am not an expert in this matter and I have never played with any other dick except my own, but it sounds paradoxical to think that there are genes coding for homosexuality. Because they have no kids, you see.

Unless those genes can be present but recessive, passed on to the next generations through siblings of the homo. The homo could then be viewed as a genetic helper to his/her siblings.

Let me get back to my whisky now and have a good evening.
B0ycey wrote:You'll be providing the link to back up the statement right?

I was thinking of the correlation between homosexual behaviour and gender segregated institutions. Ie: navy, prisons, certain kinds of boarding school, Catholic institutions etc. I suppose "cultural" isn't the right word really because I think the cause is primarily a neuro-psychological phenomena which has some roots in biology but isn't genetic. You will never find a gay gene, at most you will find genes which pushes towards high libido which under the stress of certain social conditions like gender segregation results in homosexual expression.
Political Interest wrote:Are the genes for homosexuality present in equal proportion in various nations?

For example, I read a report which said that the number of those who identify with bisexual spectrum of orientation is becoming more common in the UK among 18-24 year olds.

Further research has led me to the understanding that there is still no fundamental understanding of genetic basis for homosexual orientations although there is significant allusion to it through correlating genes. The genes exist on several chromosomes.

Is it possible that homosexuality is more common in some countries because of a higher proportion of these genes that incline towards homoexuality? Or is it that the proportion exists at the same level in all countries?

It is possible that some populations have higher rates of homosexuality from genetics. But it could also be that bisexuals and homosexuals feel more comfortable about accepting who they are and being open about it if they live in more tolerant cultures.

This may be the reason why we see higher levels of homosexuality and bisexuality in more tolerant countries.
Yes, ‘tolerant countries’ tell people with emotional problems they don’t have them. They even teach children it is acceptable to have these problems. Have a totally weird thought in your head like we all get? That’s the real you. Embrace it.
Quit trying to educate children about stuff we don’t even understand.
Abstract
The Istmo Zapotec are a pre-Columbian cultural group indigenous to the Istmo region of Oaxaca, Mexico. Istmo Zapotec recognize three genders: men, women, and muxes. Like Istmo Zapotec men, muxes are biological males. However, unlike Istmo Zapotec men, most muxes are exclusively androphilic (i.e., sexually attracted to adult males), relatively feminine, and routinely adopt the receptive role during anal intercourse. Furthermore, the Istmo Zapotec recognize two types of muxes: muxe gunaa, who resemble the transgender androphilic males that are common in many non-Western cultures, and muxe nguiiu, who resemble the cisgender androphilic males (“gay” men) common in Western cultures. Retrospective research conducted in Canada and Samoa demonstrates that cisgender and transgender androphilic males recall elevated indicators of childhood separation anxiety (i.e., feelings of distress related to separation from major attachment figures) when compared to males who are gynephilic (i.e., sexually attracted to adult females). The present study compared recalled indicators of childhood separation anxiety among Istmo Zapotec men, women, muxe gunaa, and muxe nguiiu (N = 454). Men recalled significantly lower levels of childhood separation anxiety compared to all other groups (all p < .042). No additional group differences were found. Our results are consistent with previous research conducted in Canada and Samoa, suggesting that elevated childhood separation anxiety is a developmental correlate of male androphilia that is cross-culturally universal. This research is also consistent with the conclusion that cisgender and transgender male androphiles share a common biological and developmental foundation despite being different in appearance.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 016-0917-x

The 2017 study showed that childhood separation anxiety as a culturally universal correlate of androphilia in men. Homosexual men tend to recall higher levels of separation anxiety, resulting from being separated from major attachment figures, such as one’s primary caregiver or close family members. Research in Samoa has similarly demonstrated that individuals who are feminine in appearance and biologically male also recall greater childhood separation. Probably there are more gay men in Western society because children are often left alone by their working mothers, while stay-at-home mothers take better care of their children in non-Western society, which is more culturally conservative.
One Degree wrote:Whatever. All of this has been dragged up many times before. None of it is new. I am not interested in another ‘my source is better than your source’. I will leave you to it.

Your continuing to claim stuff for which you have nothing backing it up, while claiming the authority of evidence you are unwilling to share. Yeah you have the convincing evidence buyt it;s all too much trouble.

You have nothing., be honest about rather than these false claims to authority,

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]