Medical Marijuana? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By LaDexter
And that's the debate.

"Reefer Madness" is 100% accurate because those making money off reefer prohibition want to continue to make that money and don't want

1. a plus $300 billion per year to Uncle Sam
2. shutting off the cash flow to outside the US into the hands of dangerous criminals
3. employing more Americans who pay taxes

Indeed, our leaders don't want us to have legal pot, because they want us to pay $$$$$$$$$$$ for "health insurance" that hooks us on OxyContin, and they own stock in the maker of OxyContin....
By XogGyux
LaDexter wrote:And that's the debate.

"Reefer Madness" is 100% accurate because those making money off reefer prohibition want to continue to make that money and don't want

1. a plus $300 billion per year to Uncle Sam
2. shutting off the cash flow to outside the US into the hands of dangerous criminals
3. employing more Americans who pay taxes

Indeed, our leaders don't want us to have legal pot, because they want us to pay $$$$$$$$$$$ for "health insurance" that hooks us on OxyContin, and they own stock in the maker of OxyContin....

Don't lose your tin foil hat mate or the secret service will be able to mind control you. You forget the fact that when legal marijuana can also be monetized and taxed. Look at the alcohol and tobacco industries, they are huge! Sure there will be a fringe of people that may grow their own, but the vast majority of consumers will not because it is time consuming and expensive.

Again... you still missed the fking point. This has nothing to do with legalization vs no legalization. The discussion is about actual EVIDENCE of medicinal properties, and those are slim at best at this point.
By LaDexter
"The discussion is about actual EVIDENCE of medicinal properties, and those are slim at best at this point."

Not to me. I've had a prescription since 1996.

The only folks who question my prescription are those who make money off reefer prohibition, so clearly you do too...

Tell us about the harmful effects of marijuana. NFL WR Josh Gordon is a Hall of Fame talent. Why doesn't marijuana affect his ability? It doesn't. Only the treasonous greed of the marijuana prohibition supporters affects his ability to play because he does something 65% of Americans want legal and KNOW has NO HARMFUL EFFECTS on JOSH GORDON... and they can SEE THAT, they don't fall for phony taxpayer funded propaganda like "Reefer Madness."
By XogGyux
LaDexter wrote:"The discussion is about actual EVIDENCE of medicinal properties, and those are slim at best at this point."

Not to me. I've had a prescription since 1996.

The only folks who question my prescription are those who make money off reefer prohibition, so clearly you do too...

Tell us about the harmful effects of marijuana. NFL WR Josh Gordon is a Hall of Fame talent. Why doesn't marijuana affect his ability? It doesn't. Only the treasonous greed of the marijuana prohibition supporters affects his ability to play because he does something 65% of Americans want legal and KNOW has NO HARMFUL EFFECTS on JOSH GORDON... and they can SEE THAT, they don't fall for phony taxpayer-funded propaganda like "Reefer Madness."

Having a prescription does not mean shit. You could get a prescription for alcohol during prohibition era and we all know how fking healthy alcohol is and the wonderful medicinal properties of alcohol right?

Again, be my guest, enjoy the grass as much as you want. I do not oppose that, in fact, I favor it. But drop the act.
By XogGyux
skinster wrote:Marijuana has been known to fix nausea whenever I've had it, almost like magic.

Good. And if it does not work, at least it makes you high and happy that you forget about the nausea. :lol:
Well, Canada has already legalised medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.

Now, medical scientists and other scientists can study the effects legally and openly. The whole world will benefit.

You are welcome.
By XogGyux
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, Canada has already legalised medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.

Now, medical scientists and other scientists can study the effects legally and openly. The whole world will benefit.

You are welcome.

I love using Canadians as guinea pigs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By skinster
Stop showing off, POD. I wish this stupid little island would get its shit together re: legalising weed so I can at least buy vape oil and better weed than what's currently available but nooooooooooooo, the wig-wearing dickheads in those old fancy buildings are having none of it. :*(
By Rancid
XogGyux wrote:I love using Canadians as guinea pigs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's pretty clear that Marijuana isn't that bad of a drug. I don't really think marijuana can be considered an "experiment" at this point.
By One Degree
Marijuana is not going to cure anything. At best, it may alleviate symptoms. So does Coca Cola, but no one is promoting it as a medicine. (Coke works great for heartburn and nausea for me)
Marijuana, at least at this point, is nothing more than a fad. I bet the same people who swear by it, also swear by nutrition supplements. :)
By Rancid
One Degree wrote:Marijuana is not going to cure anything

Who here is claiming it cures anything?
By Rancid
One Degree wrote:(Coke works great for heartburn and nausea for me)

Nausea is taken care of by the carbonation. It doesn't have to be coke. Carbonated water would do the same.

As for heartburn, that is fucking weird. Coke makes it worse for me (I suffer from GERD).
By One Degree
Rancid wrote:Who here is claiming it cures anything?

I didn’t say they were. It was intended to point out the only claims seem to be that it alleviates symptoms that we already have other things that do exactly the same. If I am missing a claim marijuana does something unique, then what is it? If not, why do we need it legalized as a medicine?
By One Degree
Rancid wrote:Nausea is taken care of by the carbonation. It doesn't have to be coke. Carbonated water would do the same.

As for heartburn, that is fucking weird. Coke makes it worse for me (I suffer from GERD).

I have tried alternatives and coke is better. :)
By Beren
Marijuana also should be prescribed for arseholery. A guy who was my roommate in a college dormitory was an arsehole in general and a real arsehole while drunk but he was kind of cool when he smoked weed.
By Godstud
No one is claiming that marijuana is a cure-all. What is being claimed is that it can treat a variety of things and sometimes in better ways than Opioids and other much harder drugs.

No one has ever over-dosed on marijuana. The same cannot be said for other drugs, and even alcohol. It was legalized in Canada because it's NOT a dangerous drug(less dangerous than alcohol, IMO). It had already been decriminalized in most places for a long time.

There is an element of "Reefer Madness" in your posts, @XogGyux. :D There has been some research into medical marijuana, and the effects are known to help people, even if you don't like to admit that. Most of the even the studies were extremely limited due to the tiny amounts of marijuana they were permitted to use, so there still needs to be more study into this helpful drug.

This is often the view most people who have no knowledge of marijuana have been brain-washed into:
By jimjam
Seniors’ affinity for weed is beginning to ripple across the US healthcare system. A 2016 study found that in states with access to medical marijuana, those using Medicare part D – a benefit primarily for seniors – received fewer prescriptions for other drugs to treat depression, anxiety, pain, and other chronic issues.
By LaDexter
"I do not oppose that, in fact, I favor it."

Liar. You wouldn't have started a topic like this if you supported it.

I suffer from migraines that occur because other people insist on rudely shoving molecules down my lungs that I don' t want and am allergic to.

Marijuana wipes out migraines like Mr. Clean.

So sayeth me and my two doctors, both of them.

But you know best, since you parrot REEFER MADNESS....

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]