Too Many White People - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Sivad
#15069073
Pants-of-dog wrote:but the best was when some of you guys were worried that this would lead to a Stalinist takeover.


It is dangerous when you got hordes of identitarian cultists running around society trying to deepen divisions and stoke tensions. We know the history and we know this is how it starts. We see what you're trying to do and we see how dangerous these kind of extremist cult politics actually are. You can try to pretend that you're just well-intentioned civil rights activists but anyone with eyes to see can tell what you're really about and it sure as hell ain't civil rights.
#15069076
Beren wrote:It could rather lead to a Maoist takeover actually. Stalin was a white man and his system was also white and I don't think he ever felt uncomfortable around white people just because they were white. Mao was a man of colour at least and I'm sure he simply considered all white imperialists, including the Russians, filthy white people.


You made a strong point. A Chinese Han Mandarin speaker in China isn't thinking about white and Chinese. He is thinking of people. The people he rules, or governs and people of his own ethnicity.

The only people thinking as @Sivad retardedly about race relations like white and black and yellow, color coded stupidity are people who think in USA racist categories. Most of the world is not the USA. 94% of the world doesn't live in the USA and a Chinese man in China never thinks about his fellow Chinese as? Us yellow folk got to stick together over the White Man hordes.

The Chinese hated the Japanese for years and still do. Not because they are yellow Asians just like them in the mind of some racist asshole white guy in the USA, but because the Japanese invaded China in WWII and did atrocities that were unspeakably offensive to many Chinese citizens.

Then you got racists who think all Asians are kumbaya buddies because hey? They are all yellow people.

Who are the racists? The ones who fail to see how similar in behavior all human groups are...and expect some kind of racial categories made up by American people in the fifty states to apply to all of humanity.

I got news for you? It doesn't.
By anasawad
#15069077
@Tainari88
This is actually one of the main things that spun my mind when I started following various American and European news, and latter on expanded to social media and people.
The obsession with race, or a specific color, is way too widespread.

In the middle east, be it in Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, or Iran (Those are the ones I know) you can find people who are way too dark and others way too light in the same family, because everyone is essentially mixed race. Lebanon alone is a mixture of around 2 dozen ethnic and racial groups.
The tensions, or groups, are formed around ideology, national identity, and tribes which are large enough to be their own nation and thus national identity as well.
But never race, because that's too dumb.

And I doubt many nations have this large obsession with race.
User avatar
By Donna
#15069082
double post
Last edited by Donna on 22 Feb 2020 18:24, edited 2 times in total.
#15069083
anasawad wrote:@Tainari88
This is actually one of the main things that spun my mind when I started following various American and European news, and latter on expanded to social media and people.
The obsession with race, or a specific color, is way too widespread.

In the middle east, be it in Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, or Iran (Those are the ones I know) you can find people who are way too dark and others way too light in the same family, because everyone is essentially mixed race. Lebanon alone is a mixture of around 2 dozen ethnic and racial groups.
The tensions, or groups, are formed around ideology, national identity, and tribes which are large enough to be their own nation and thus national identity as well.
But never race, because that's too dumb.

And I doubt many nations have this large obsession with race.


Anasawad, you got to realize that the USA has a history that created the obsession with race. African Americans were property for hundreds of years in the USA in the Southern states. They weren't human. They were like a cow or a horse. You owned them and they were property. If times got bad? You would look through your slaves who were young about five or six years old, or older and with less energy and you said as a slave owner? "How do I get out of debt this winter? The crops failed...I got to get some cash to hold me over...I guess I am going to sell that five year old little pickaninny that Sarah the slave had a few years back. Get me some money for her..." It never occurred to that slave owner that Sarah's child would suffer being separated from her mother. They are horses and cows.

Once that becomes a tradition? Trying to see them as human and as with equal rights when they were property for generations? Is difficult. After many years and a long battle called the Civil Rights Movement--some progress was made.

But you have to see that the history of the USA was deeply racial. And trying to get rid of that? Is very difficult for a nation so obsessed with racist categorizations for centuries for the justification for property rights on human beings. Unless the USA can conquer its racist shitty mentality? The obsession with race will continue in the USA.

The rest of the world can move on. The nationalist hero for my culture and nation was a man that was half white and half black. Mulatto.

The Caribbean islands due to its history was just like you described Lebanon Anasawad, a mixture of ethnic groups, and different skin colors emerging from united families with every look out there. Unfortunately the USA thinks the whole world is about their perspective on race relations. It is not.
By Sivad
#15069084
Tainari88 wrote:The only people thinking as @Sivad retardedly about race relations like white and black and yellow, color coded stupidity


You got that exactly backwards there, Dr Anthropologist. Aren't anthropologists supposed to be highly trained experts in carefully listening to what people are actually saying and accurately representing their thinking and attitudes? If so then you might be the worst anthropologist in the history of anthropology. I couldn't imagine studying all those years and then completely betraying the most fundamental principles of my discipline just to score some cheap points on an internet forum, that's just appallingly bad form.
User avatar
By Beren
#15069085
Tainari88 wrote:the USA has a history that created the obsession with race.

Which should be targeted by anti-racism, not reverse-racism, and I don't mean positive discrimination here.
User avatar
By Donna
#15069086
Sivad wrote:We know the history and we know this is how it starts.


Okay Jordan P. Beterson.

We see what you're trying to do and we see how dangerous these kind of extremist cult politics actually are. You can try to pretend that you're just well-intentioned civil rights activists but anyone with eyes to see can tell what you're really about and it sure as hell ain't civil rights.


The emancipation of humanity from exploitation and oppression is a cause worthy of the radicalism demanded by such a task.
User avatar
By Beren
#15069088
The problem with radicals is usually that they're radicals for the sake of being radicals regardless of whether it's actually necessary or works. Then they just need to find an ideology fitting their radicalism.
#15069089
Sivad wrote:You got that exactly backwards there, Dr Anthropologist. Aren't anthropologists supposed to be highly trained experts in carefully listening to what people are actually saying and accurately representing their thinking and attitudes? If so then you might be the worst anthropologist in the history of anthropology. I couldn't imagine studying all those years and then completely betraying the most fundamental principles of my discipline just to score some cheap points on an internet forum, that's just appallingly bad form.


No Sivad, that was a typo, I meant I was quoting you as saying that it is retarded to think that people are into race because that is all that they obsess by.

Sivad I don't give a crap what you think I am supposed to say. I don't like that right wing Stormfront mentality you got deep in there. I suggest you stop displaying it if you want me to change how I respond to your posts. You are an intelligent man and have a lot of good points to make. But you fail to realize the context of your own cultures shortcomings on race relations. That is something you better start owning up to.....you think you are being 'neutral' about hating on liberals and hating on establishment Republicans....your problem is that you don't define your politics at all.

You better start defining what you stand for Sivad.

Cheap shot? No. You better start thinking through the stuff you write on here.

Sivad, do you want me to sum up what you write?

1. You believe in the Western Cannon. Like other people from the East? Don't have an Eastern Cannon.

2. You run around these fora mostly talking about the Gulag and repression from the Commies and the Socialists. You sound like a White Aryan Resistance Skinhead fascist. You do. But I know you are not.

3. You hate the liberals. I don't like them either, but I tell the liberal supporters on here like Late and others WHY I disagree with them. And why the liberal point of view doesn't solve deep set problems in the society. Back up your disagreements with other users' politics with some real points.

4. You want an education? Get an education. Do like the rest of the students on here who come here to learn. Start discussion groups with some depth. Find a way of getting an education.

5. You gripe about every damn thing and offer very little in terms of policy or solutions to it.

6. You think identitarian politics is bad? It is. But it is bad because people can be divided and conquered easily and led astray and weakened from an important political or social or economic goal by being in disarray, disorganized and not focused.

7. Who do you identify with Sivad? Take a political compass test or other way of identifying what you are about politically, marshall a plan and go after the goal. Go to meetings, meet like minded members, write on a blog, go and protest or do your homework on your own ideology or political column. Get active. Be part of a solution to what bothers you about society.

8. Cheap shots? You are the king of cheap shots. I suggest you take your own advice and go and put in years and years of hard sweat work in something intellectual. Because you are damn smart, and very witty and creative. If you put tons of energy into something positive? You will get much further in life than worried about Mexicans without papers taking jobs, repeating talking points from right wing websites living in fear of Black groups, Immigrant groups or whatever groups they think aren't the "Real America".

9. I will never support anyone who thinks this country is superior to some other nation who has different histories. For me? All human beings got similar problems. Start working on the problems....as a whole and without hatred...or get the hell out of the way!

10. Be productive my Sivad. You got a lot to lose by not focusing on something important. To hell with anyone who failed to support you in the past. You do it! And be the best Sivad you can be!

Now you can hate on me Young Man! :D :)
By Sivad
#15069094
Tainari88 wrote:
Sivad I don't give a crap what you think I am supposed to say. I don't like that right wing Stormfront mentality you got deep in there.


okay there, Dr Anthropologist. :lol:


I suggest you stop displaying it if you want me to change how I respond to your posts.


I don't take you seriously anyway so whatever.

your problem is that you don't define your politics at all.


I'm pretty sure that's not my problem.

You better start thinking through the stuff you write on here.


Oh, is that a threat? are you threatening people now? :lol:
#15069095
Beren wrote:Which should be targeted by anti-racism, not reverse-racism, and I don't mean positive discrimination here.


Who is that Black girl at the beginnings of the original posts? Do you think she feels comfortable with white people? Probably not. Why? Because she grew up among mostly black people and the contact she had with white people was probably judgmental and lacked any real connection. She does what many do....people who you don't feel connected to? Who cares about them? You wind up disrespecting them.

White people in the USA fear being called racists. Especially by people who are not white. They don't want the stigma attached to being called racists. Who does?

But? How many white people take the time to study African American history? Native American history? Latin American history or just learn a new foreign language and speak it fluently? Very few.

How much work do people put in trying to understand some other group that is not their own's history? Few.

That African American girl is ethnocentric and intolerant with her comments. But how many people in the USA are? How many don't bother to do much to get to understand others.

I grew up partly in the USA. Puerto Rico is part of the USA. How many times does the history of that part of the USA come up in discussion in the universities or the average high school class? Almost never. Why? Because it is a small place. True. But because it is an inconvenient and unflattering story. And that is the reason why no one discusses it.

It is a place that is left in the dark, and is voiceless, partly due to its size, and partly due to the history of it doesn't make sense for the narrative myths that relate to the USA's image in the world.

It is buried. Along with African American history, Native American nations histories and many other groups histories. Even feminist history is kind of éxotic. Men don't really study the Suffragette Movement. What for? They are not women.

That is part of the problem with the young woman saying "too many white people in here". For her? The people she doesn't like, doesn't trust and whom she probably doesn't spend much time getting to know? Are not important.

And there are a whole lot of people out there with that mentality.
User avatar
By maz
#15069097
Tainari88 wrote:Who is that Black girl at the beginnings of the original posts?


Good question. If she had been a white girl saying such vile things about blacks, Arabs, Hispanics, Chinese, Jews etc. she would have been doxxed, her family would have been doxxed, she would have been banned from social media, been on any number of lists, been denounced by various personalities in the entertainment class, and would have probably had federal lawsuits brought against by the ACLU, the ADL and SPLC based on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
#15069098
Donna wrote:Okay Jordan P. Beterson.



The emancipation of humanity from exploitation and oppression is a cause worthy of the radicalism demanded by such a task.


Donna I have never read or met you before but you are a long time member.

I started reading your opinions yesterday night. When my child fell asleep.

You are very interesting. What is your take on all this Too Many White People video commentary?

Your bio says "Market Analyst"? May I be a curious person (which I am) and ask you if that means you work for the financial sector?
#15069102
Sivad wrote:okay there, Dr Anthropologist. :lol:




I don't take you seriously anyway so whatever.



I'm pretty sure that's not my problem.



Oh, is that a threat? are you threatening people now? :lol:


You sound defensive. And flippant. You sound like my 22 year old son.

Hmmm. He was a defiant creature.

Lol.

I hope you do what he did. Stop complaining and go to the university and start studying and making me happy finally....finding a way out of a tough beginning with broken families and effed up circumstances.

Something tells me you had a rough beginning.

You better not let some failure of the adults in your life who let you down, keep you from being great. Because I do recognize greatness. And you are someone who can be incredibly productive and smart as hell.

But? It is up to you....

You can go back to not taking me seriously anymore.

I just wish I could see your face when you are pissed off or don't care....lol.

I bet it looks like my son's. Hee hee. :lol: ;)
#15069103
maz wrote:Good question. If she had been a white girl saying such vile things about blacks, Arabs, Hispanics, Chinese, Jews etc. she would have been doxxed, her family would have been doxxed, she would have been banned from social media, been on any number of lists, been denounced by various personalities in the entertainment class, and would have probably had federal lawsuits brought against by the ACLU, the ADL and SPLC based on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.


Hmmm. Maz are you saying that white people who voice racist thoughts openly live in fear now under the Trump administration? They are oppressed?

I do think the liberals only great accomplishment has been to get into the racists heads and have them self monitor themselves to avoid being labeled 'racist'. You don't get rid of racism that way. The only way to get rid of the racism is to get everyone to not worry anymore about being politically correct and to have to deal with what is wrong in their experiences of the USA, or Australia, or Italy, or Mexico, etc any nation and be able to voice their hatred and resentments. But to also have to deal with the ones who are the object of their fear...for a very long time. Til the fear of it is gone.

Otherwise the isolationism won't be helping anyone. Ever.
User avatar
By Donna
#15069104
Sivad wrote:I'm pretty sure that's not my problem.


It's pretty dishonest though and it's so obvious that you're holding back due to low confidence.
By Sivad
#15069107
Donna wrote:It's pretty dishonest though


is that your good faith opinion, good faith donna?

and it's so obvious that you're holding back due to low confidence.


good faith donna thinks I'm still concealing my true nazi politics.
User avatar
By Donna
#15069108
Tainari88 wrote:Donna I have never read or met you before but you are a long time member.

I started reading your opinions yesterday night. When my child fell asleep.

You are very interesting. What is your take on all this Too Many White People video commentary?

Your bio says "Market Analyst"? May I be a curious person (which I am) and ask you if that means you work for the financial sector?


Hi Tainari, I'm back in these parts again after a long hiatus. A lot of familiar faces, including the same old crackpots as before. :p

Yes, I work in finance. This thread is definitely a hard sell.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 13

It is disgusting how some people go out of their […]

education is extraordinarily expensive and inacce[…]

It is nonsense because it over-simplifies the pro[…]

Election 2020

Even Trump is not so crazy. He's not. I am cri[…]