Sivad wrote:You got that exactly backwards there, Dr Anthropologist. Aren't anthropologists supposed to be highly trained experts in carefully listening to what people are actually saying and accurately representing their thinking and attitudes? If so then you might be the worst anthropologist in the history of anthropology. I couldn't imagine studying all those years and then completely betraying the most fundamental principles of my discipline just to score some cheap points on an internet forum, that's just appallingly bad form.
No Sivad, that was a typo, I meant I was quoting you as saying that it is retarded to think that people are into race because that is all that they obsess by.
Sivad I don't give a crap what you think I am supposed to say. I don't like that right wing Stormfront mentality you got deep in there. I suggest you stop displaying it if you want me to change how I respond to your posts. You are an intelligent man and have a lot of good points to make. But you fail to realize the context of your own cultures shortcomings on race relations. That is something you better start owning up to.....you think you are being 'neutral' about hating on liberals and hating on establishment Republicans....your problem is that you don't define your politics at all.
You better start defining what you stand for Sivad.
Cheap shot? No. You better start thinking through the stuff you write on here.
Sivad, do you want me to sum up what you write?
1. You believe in the Western Cannon. Like other people from the East? Don't have an Eastern Cannon.
2. You run around these fora mostly talking about the Gulag and repression from the Commies and the Socialists. You sound like a White Aryan Resistance Skinhead fascist. You do. But I know you are not.
3. You hate the liberals. I don't like them either, but I tell the liberal supporters on here like Late and others WHY I disagree with them. And why the liberal point of view doesn't solve deep set problems in the society. Back up your disagreements with other users' politics with some real points.
4. You want an education? Get an education. Do like the rest of the students on here who come here to learn. Start discussion groups with some depth. Find a way of getting an education.
5. You gripe about every damn thing and offer very little in terms of policy or solutions to it.
6. You think identitarian politics is bad? It is. But it is bad because people can be divided and conquered easily and led astray and weakened from an important political or social or economic goal by being in disarray, disorganized and not focused.
7. Who do you identify with Sivad? Take a political compass test or other way of identifying what you are about politically, marshall a plan and go after the goal. Go to meetings, meet like minded members, write on a blog, go and protest or do your homework on your own ideology or political column. Get active. Be part of a solution to what bothers you about society.
8. Cheap shots? You are the king of cheap shots. I suggest you take your own advice and go and put in years and years of hard sweat work in something intellectual. Because you are damn smart, and very witty and creative. If you put tons of energy into something positive? You will get much further in life than worried about Mexicans without papers taking jobs, repeating talking points from right wing websites living in fear of Black groups, Immigrant groups or whatever groups they think aren't the "Real America".
9. I will never support anyone who thinks this country is superior to some other nation who has different histories. For me? All human beings got similar problems. Start working on the problems....as a whole and without hatred...or get the hell out of the way!
10. Be productive my Sivad. You got a lot to lose by not focusing on something important. To hell with anyone who failed to support you in the past. You do it! And be the best Sivad you can be!
Now you can hate on me Young Man!