NIH KNEW IN 2005 CHLOROQUINE WAS AN EFFECTIVE TREATMENT FOR SARS-CoV - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
XogGyux wrote:What he is done is irresponsible....
The fact remains, highly, highly inappropriate what he has been doing.

No it is not irresponsible or inappropriate what President Trump has been doing concerning the malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, which is an approved drug and has been used for decades with little side-effects. It will not kill you if used in the appropriate dose like one crazy person said on CNN.

Media continues to slam chloroquine while doctors say it's effective
April 3, 2020

Breaking News: The Latest On Hydroxychloroquine
Dr. Oz
April 11, 2020
Ter wrote:I was rather interested to use this in case I or my dear ones get infected but if it can affect my johnson I will pass.

By the way I took chloroquine as a malaria prophylaxis when I was in Africa but that was on a weekly, not a daily dosage.

The doses varies depending on what you are using it for. For malaria prophylaxis you are correct it is a weekly dose. For treatment the dose increases and the frequency is also shortened and for SLE treatment it is a daily dose of an even smaller dose.

The best thing is to consult with your doctor/your family’s doctor and have a risk/benefit discussion.
Hindsite wrote:No it is not irresponsible or inappropriate what President Trump has been doing concerning the malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, which is an approved drug and has been used for decades with little side-effects. It will not kill you if used in the appropriate dose like one crazy person said on CNN.

Media continues to slam chloroquine while doctors say it's effective
April 3, 2020

Breaking News: The Latest On Hydroxychloroquine
Dr. Oz
April 11, 2020

Most drugs can kill. The over the counter ibuprofen/naproxen is an NSAID capable of causing gastritis and ulcerations that can lead to death. So is aspirin which is an anti-platelet medication and worsen any kind of bleeding. Over the counter Benadryl can cause delirium and in the elderly it is not even that rare. Tylenol, a “super” safe drug can cause liver failure and rapid death in excess and accidental ingestion are surprisingly common because many over the counter drugs have Tylenol in it (people can drink a cough syrup that have Tylenol, take Tylenol by itself because of fevers because you didn’t realize the cough syrup already had it and boom, all of the sudden you are taking more than you thought). And this is just a few of the over-the counter medications which are relatively safe. Once we start going into blood pressure medication, anti-diabetes medication, anti-infective medications, etc this gets far more complicated.
Hydroxychloroquine is considered safe (ish) but this is something that needs to be taken into context. It is safe if the alternative is contracting malaria, it is safe if the alternative is having a lupus flare, etc. Without a clear benefit, you are just taking something that has side effects and chances of harming you (including death).
So yes, it is irresponsible to promote something without clear evidence of its benefit to the general public.
XogGyux wrote:Most drugs can kill. The over the counter ibuprofen/naproxen is an NSAID capable of causing gastritis and ulcerations that can lead to death. So is aspirin which is an anti-platelet medication and worsen any kind of bleeding. Over the counter Benadryl can cause delirium and in the elderly it is not even that rare. Tylenol, a “super” safe drug can cause liver failure and rapid death in excess and accidental ingestion are surprisingly common because many over the counter drugs have Tylenol in it (people can drink a cough syrup that have Tylenol, take Tylenol by itself because of fevers because you didn’t realize the cough syrup already had it and boom, all of the sudden you are taking more than you thought). And this is just a few of the over-the counter medications which are relatively safe. Once we start going into blood pressure medication, anti-diabetes medication, anti-infective medications, etc this gets far more complicated.
Hydroxychloroquine is considered safe (ish) but this is something that needs to be taken into context. It is safe if the alternative is contracting malaria, it is safe if the alternative is having a lupus flare, etc. Without a clear benefit, you are just taking something that has side effects and chances of harming you (including death).
So yes, it is irresponsible to promote something without clear evidence of its benefit to the general public.

Why don't you stop your nonsense? You know what I mean. You are apparently playing CNN fake news politics.
Hindsite wrote:If you will not even believe Dr. Oz, it is your nonsense.

I have no clue who that is, 95% (and I am being generous) of what FOX news has is nonsense, if he is saying that there is good evidence that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the treatment of covid, please let me know of his source to get up to speed because so far I have not found anything in the literature that says just that. :lol:
XogGyux wrote:I have no clue who that is, 95% (and I am being generous) of what FOX news has is nonsense, if he is saying that there is good evidence that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the treatment of covid, please let me know of his source to get up to speed because so far I have not found anything in the literature that says just that. :lol:

You liberals used to love Dr. Qz when he was the medical expert for Oprah Winfrey and had his own TV show on CBS and then appeared on NBC. Now that he has appeared on FOX News with information they don't like then he has become a quack. That is like the liberal Harvard Professor of Constitutional Law, Alan Dershowitz, who was routinely invited on CNN and MSNBC until he started voicing opinions in favor of President Trump. Now they avoid him like the plague. That is apparently the way you are about the truth that disagrees with your bias against Trump.
Hindsite wrote:You liberals used to love Dr. Qz when he was the medical expert for Oprah Winfrey and had his own TV show on CBS and then appeared on NBC. Now that he has appeared on FOX News with information they don't like then he has become a quack. That is like the liberal Harvard Professor of Constitutional Law, Alan Dershowitz, who was routinely invited on CNN and MSNBC until he started voicing opinions in favor of President Trump. Now they avoid him like the plague. That is apparently the way you are about the truth that disagrees with your bias against Trump.

Yes, because whether a drug works or not it is based on which channel you prefer to watch.
You are like a trucker that approaches a bridge that is marked “clearance 13’4”, the guy stops right in front of it, he checks his papers which shows his truck is 15’, he gets out of the truck and with a white marker he fills in the number 3 to make it look like an 8 and now it reads “clearance 18’4” so clearly now he can proceed with his trip.
You are nonsense.
I didn’t even know the guy until now, sorry I do not subscribe to cable tv, as soon as I googled I got quite a few of peer reviewed papers on his quackery. Here is another
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=25.0000
:lol:
XogGyux wrote:Yes, because whether a drug works or not it is based on which channel you prefer to watch.
You are like a trucker that approaches a bridge that is marked “clearance 13’4”, the guy stops right in front of it, he checks his papers which shows his truck is 15’, he gets out of the truck and with a white marker he fills in the number 3 to make it look like an 8 and now it reads “clearance 18’4” so clearly now he can proceed with his trip.
You are nonsense.
I didn’t even know the guy until now, sorry I do not subscribe to cable tv, as soon as I googled I got quite a few of peer reviewed papers on his quackery. Here is another
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=25.0000
:lol:

That is probably put out by liberals. I am a conservative that believes in the Constitution as written. :lol:

I read the reports, but it does not even mention […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Tainari88 no, Palestinian children don't deser[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]