Public restrooms and coronavirus - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
While at Target today, I asked the cashier if their restrooms were open. She said yes and they were sanitized each hour. But that still leaves many questions.

How do you maintain social distancing in a restroom? Should only one person be allowed in while others wait outside? If you are in a stall and hear another person in the next stall, does the thin wall between you constitute a safe distance? If there are a string of urinals, should some be taped over to leave a six- foot distance between the others? If you are in a stall and hear someone at the faucet, do you wait until they leave the restroom before you leave the stall to use the sink?
No even if that will help if a person with SARS-2 infection in their intestine tract (not all do, apparently) uses the facilities. Urinating or defecating is a great way to aerosolise the virus. In that environment, it can be expected to last days on surfaces. Even though they are cleaning them, do the cleaning staff wear hazmat suits?

Any area with a known SARS-2 outbreak should close public toilets.
I only do number two in my own toilet in my own en suite bathroom.
Not only do I thus avoid all kinds of diseases but I do not get to smell shits and farts except my own. For some reason, my own do not smell revolting.
We need to be aware that stools might be infectious. SARS-CoV-2 is thought to use ACE2 as a viral receptor, which is highly expressed in the gastrointestinal system. In preliminary findings published in Gastroenterology, 39 patients tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 RNA in stool samples. In addition, 17 patients remained positive for SARS-CoV-2 in stool after becoming negative in respiratory samples.

Abstract
We report epidemiological and clinical investigations on ten pediatric SARS-CoV-2 infection cases confirmed by real-time reverse transcription PCR assay of SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Symptoms in these cases were nonspecific and no children required respiratory support or intensive care. Chest X-rays lacked definite signs of pneumonia, a defining feature of the infection in adult cases. Notably, eight children persistently tested positive on rectal swabs even after nasopharyngeal testing was negative, raising the possibility of fecal–oral transmission.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0817-4

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]