The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 204 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
wat0n wrote:I've never understood the fascination some parts of the left have with trains.

That's because you don't realize how poisonous cars and airplane transportation normalicy are.

Many drivers I know have stated that car normalicy will be put to an end "over my dead body!"

Hopefully, this won't be necessary. :D
QatzelOk wrote:That's because you don't realize how poisonous cars and airplane transportation normalicy are.

Many drivers I know have stated that car normalicy will be put to an end "over my dead body!"

Driving is highly pleasurable, especially for those unable to get sex (e.g. me) or those who are adapt in using this skill to get sex.
@Patrickov There is not a more noble pursuit. :D

We have a high speed train, nearby. I prefer train travel, when I can use it. The high speed train goes from Vien Tiane to Boten. I want to try it, some time. The route takes you thru Luang Prabang, which is a particularly lovely region of Laos.
QatzelOk wrote:That's because you don't realize how poisonous cars and airplane transportation normalicy are.

“Normalicy”…? :eh:
Godstud wrote:We have a high speed train, nearby. I prefer train travel, when I can use it. The high speed train goes from Vien Tiane to Boten. I want to try it, some time. The route takes you thru Luang Prabang, which is a particularly lovely region of Laos.

In fact, no conflict for preferring both -- I am one of those who do.

HSR is the best for travelling between two places around 500 - 1000 km apart and without large bodies of water. (Unfortunately that means everyone going to Taiwan have to take the plane)

Cars (or any private transport) are usually for those who want to cover the last mile without having to endure unreliable local public transport (I don't mean Metro, that's regional public transport. I mean local buses or maxicabs)
Patrickov wrote:Driving is highly pleasurable, especially for those unable to get sex (e.g. me) or those who are adapt in using this skill to get sex.

People who use their cars to get sex, are similar to those who use media control to become billionaires through invented crises.
QatzelOk wrote:People who use their cars to get sex, are similar to those who use media control to become billionaires through invented crises.

So you think Jimmy Lai is also one of them?

From your preference to totalitarian regimes and countries, I think you are just bitter because you cannot control others, not that you don't agree with the control itself.
@Patrickov Qatzelok is just sanctimonious because his method of meeting in bar bathrooms for sex is plainly superior. No car is required.
XogGyux wrote:How is this thread still active :knife:

The lockdowns and other measures may have gone, but that doesn't mean the Wuhan pneumonia epidemic and all the social economic impact from it are things of the past.

Sorry for drifting away from this.
Patrickov wrote:The lockdowns and other measures may have gone, but that doesn't mean the Wuhan pneumonia epidemic and all the social economic impact from it are things of the past.

Well at this point i think it is time for one side to shut up and the other side to ignore the morons that believe nonsense.
I'm over it. People are either vaccinated at this point, or not. Embrace the conspiracy theories if you want. :O
Patrickov wrote:The lockdowns and other measures may have gone, but that doesn't mean the Wuhan pneumonia epidemic and all the social economic impact from it are things of the past.

Not only that, but our Western governments are NOW SURE that they can take away everyone's civil rights whenever they want to. They sent up a trial balloon, and now they know.

The public has demonstrated how docile they are, and "human rights" no longer exist.

So don't put away that vaccine passport just yet, and be prepared for many more injections or other crises that allows your masters to lock you up and steal all your tax dollars.

WE HAVE THROWN AWAY the human rights that our ancestors fought for because... we have no more common sense and are as dumb as domesticated sheep.
Tes, @QatzelOk, completely ignore the fact that countries all over the world did lockdowns and had restrictions to prevent more deaths from a massive pandemic. Forget reality to push a fucked-in-the-head narrative that it's all about Western governments wanting to take away everyone's freedoms. :roll: When are you going to stop partaking of the alt-right conspiracy theories?
Patrickov wrote:Cars (or any private transport) are usually for those who want to cover the last mile without having to endure unreliable local public transport (I don't mean Metro, that's regional public transport. I mean local buses or maxicabs)

Ebikes/e-vehicles are great for the last mile problem, as is ride-sharing.

The problem with personal vehicles as a solution is that they're often at the wrong end - they're first for the first mile (getting to public transport) and not available for the last mile (getting off public transport)

Godstud wrote:When are you going to stop partaking of the alt-right conspiracy theories?

It's horseshoe, not just alt-right.

There's something about the pandemic that just broke the brain of around 20-30% of people. Even guys who have no problem with government mandated veganism or climate policy break at the concept of 'wear a mask'.

I assumed it was because people are still dying of Covid.

Example:

The number of deaths involving COVID-19 in the UK continued to fall to 540 in the latest week (ending 3 February 2023), down from 660 in the previous week.

Deaths involving COVID-19 accounted for 3.6% of all deaths in the UK in the latest week; this is a fall from 4.1% in the previous week.

Office for National Statistics

* Note these are the official audited UK Government numbers.

:)
Fasces wrote:The problem with personal vehicles as a solution is that they're often at the wrong end - they're first for the first mile (getting to public transport) and not available for the last mile (getting off public transport)

This is where public bike share comes in. Bike share bikes, at stations around 200m apart, all around your town or city. (If you live in a sprawled out area that isn't practical for bicycles, start farming because you soon won't be able to drive everywhere.)

Godstud wrote:When are you going to stop partaking of the alt-right conspiracy theories?

When it becomes illegal under our bankrupt, fascist governments? (try to research this if you have time)

Because the Covid measures proved that we are sheep waiting to slaughtered by our oligarchs. I have a problem with this on many levels. For example, if God really wanted humans to be like sheep, why didn't He just *create more sheep?*

He didn't, so it must be oligarch "measures" that destroyed free will.
QatzelOk wrote:Because the Covid measures proved that we are sheep waiting to slaughtered by our oligarchs. I have a problem with this on many levels. For example, if God really wanted humans to be like sheep, why didn't He just *create more sheep?*

He didn't, so it must be oligarch "measures" that destroyed free will.

If there is any sheep, that is you.
God is a fictional character.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]