The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 61 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15131130
Finfinder wrote:You prove me wrong that play on the field and direct transmission of players playing the sport has caused Corona deaths.

No teams have had to quarantine the entire teams from playing the game on the field. No teams have had a death from Corona. Sorry that disappoints you.


The entire NBA finals were held in a fucking quarantine bubble you weirdo.
#15131133
wat0n wrote:Besides, if 99% of those infected survives and every is infected, then it means 1% of the population dies. In the US, that means 3.3m people.

But what virus ever infects any where near to 100% of people? And the evidence just doesn't support a death rate as high as 1%.
#15131162
SpecialOlympian wrote:The entire NBA finals were held in a fucking quarantine bubble you weirdo.


You really think I don’t understand the basic circumstances surrounding sports right now. It seems that there’s some serious reading comprehension.

The only time that people got Covid was they went out of the bubbles

By measure of the left.... catching Covid or at least having a positive test is the same dying from Covid. Their fear porn is hollow.
#15131754
Godstud wrote:@Rich Don't call me dishonest, you detestable piece of shit. I don't laugh at people getting sick and dying, like you.

What a rude boorish man you are, incapable of engaging in civilised debate. You seem to have right man complex big time. I showed you up to be wrong and ignorant. You felt humiliated, so you immediately go into childish insult mode. I was comparing the relative infection rates of Thailand and Laos. You assumed I was being stupid and ignorant by comparing absolute figures
Godstud wrote:Thailand has 20 times the cases in a country with 10x the population of Laos? Weird.

No Laos has 24 cases Thailand is currently rated at 3784 cases, that is a factor of 157 not 10. You should have known that. If you didn't know it you should have checked. Of course I occasionally get my facts wrong. Of course I occasionally make arithmetic errors. But generally I don't.

I am going to continue laughing at the failure of the lockdown strategies. I didn't start this virus. Where I live is a very low infection rate. I'm not responsible for the big outbreaks that have occurred in Liberal / left run western cities. Yes these deaths are tragic, but as we have said from the beginning a certain level of death and illness is unavoidable. For western cities lockdowns only delay the deaths from Covid and cause far more premature deaths over the long run.
#15131757
@Rich When you engage in civilized debate, I will speak with you in a comparative manner. You do not. You are a rude boorish man-child. I will speak to you as is justified, and warranted... tit for tat. When you speak with me in a civilized manner, I shall return the favour.

OK, so compare Laos to USA and what's the factor then... 500,000x?? :lol: That's your argument?

Want to know how many cases Thailand has had in the last few months? It's in the double digits.

It seems you only want to compare things that YOU feel is appropriate. Comparing a country with 7 million to 70 million is fine, but not a country of 70 million to 320 million? More people live in Bangkok than in all of Laos. Sweden has a population just a bit larger than Bangkok.

Where I live has absolutely NO infection rate, and it must be because of the "liberal" lockdown that we did. Your claims of lockdowns killing people are complete lies, and bullshit. Incidentally, the lockdown has been OVER for 4 months, because Thailand did it the right way, and the people didn't fight the advice of medical professionals. They also didn't make the disease a political thing, as you and others did.

You are still laughing at the thought of people dying and being infected with a terrible disease, and as such very much deserve the animosity and disrespect that I will enthusiastically give you, if you continue in this manner.
#15131758
B0ycey wrote:Germany, poster child of Covid Europe just six months ago is exceeding 10000 cases a day. So how has track and traced worked there? Wasn't that the purpose of the lockdown initially? And wasn't everyone saying how great Germany were doing last April. Not any more it seems. Everyone is forgetting Germany today.


East Asian countries have basically closed their borders. Germany has not.

In any case, at this point it's again about not overwhelming hospitals in many countries.

Lockdowns certainly do work where social distancing / wearing masks is impossible. Closing clubs and bars and banning contact sports for example.
#15131760
Rugoz wrote:In any case, at this point it's again about not overwhelming hospitals in many countries.

Lockdowns certainly do work where social distancing / wearing masks is impossible. Closing clubs and bars and banning contact sports for example.


You can underwhelm hospitals by increasing capacity. Although I will admit you would have to use untrained staff doing unskilled work and stretch nurses/doctors from other sectors of the healthcare to facilitate the increased capacity. Although I am skeptical of the models used for fear porn given how off they were before anyway. Nonetheless wearing masks is possible in every environment and those environments where social distancing is impossible, extra measure should be in place. I also don't think pubs, gyms or shops are a major factor in comparison to household mixing or work environments given the high percentage of asymptomatic victims. My instinct says that the UK, France, Germany, and Belguim will be in the same or worse position come early December given the likely place people are getting infected being unventilated places such as at work.
#15131763
B0ycey wrote:You can underwhelm hospitals by increasing capacity. Although I will admit you would have to use untrained staff doing unskilled work and stretch nurses/doctors from other sectors of the healthcare to facilitate the increased capacity.


Untrained staff is not the bottleneck.

B0ycey wrote:Although I am skeptical of the models used for fear porn given how off they were before anyway. Nonetheless wearing masks is possible in every environment and those environments where social distancing is impossible, extra measure should be in place.


In clubs and bars it's very difficult. People mingle and drink and are drunk. In fact high density and lots of consumption is what makes the business work. At some point there's no difference between "extra measures" and closure, the clarity of the latter being preferred by the businesses themselves.

B0ycey wrote:I also don't think pubs, gyms or shops are a major factor in comparison to household mixing or work environments given the high percentage of asymptomatic victims.


It can arguably make the difference between exponential growth or not.

But I agree when it comes to shops. Absolutely no point in closing those. Don't know about gyms.
#15131764
Rugoz wrote:Untrained staff is not the bottleneck.


There need be no bottleneck if the effort was put into increased capacity.

In clubs and bars it's very difficult. People mingle and drink and are drunk. In fact high density and lots of consumption is what makes the business work. At some point there's no difference between "extra measures" and closure, the clarity of the latter being preferred by the businesses themselves.


Perhaps there is merit in closing pubs before 9pm as most people don't get drunk excessively before then. I am not against preventive measures in any case. But I don't think the amount of side effects lockdowns have are worth the fear porn. Especially as infection rates are no doubt higher than official figures which will affect the models, so it maybe we don't ever reach hospital capacity in any case - and if lucky we could be near the equilibrium already. Also there is a phenomenon where flu deaths are flattening this year. It seems there be extra capacity here as that is a factor in annual winter hospital admissions that may not apply this year.
#15131768
@Rugoz Closing gyms makes sense if you are also closing bars. It's people sweating and working out in close proximity to each other, and using the same machines, etc. Even when people wipe down machines after use(the norm), there's going to be a risk involved.

They closed down my gym for 2 months but I was able to come in at 7 AM, alone, and use it for a couple of the other months of lockdown. It's not what you know, but who you know. ;)
#15131770
Godstud wrote:@Rugoz Closing gyms makes sense if you are also closing bars. It's people sweating and working out in close proximity to each other, and using the same machines, etc. Even when people wipe down machines after use(the norm), there's going to be a risk involved.


I think it's also heavy breathing in Gyms, since the virus can spread via respiratory droplets and vapor.
#15131788
Godstud wrote:@Rich Don't call me dishonest, you detestable piece of shit. I don't laugh at people getting sick and dying, like you.

Guys, let's remember to "stay safe" at multiple levels. Okay?

Rancid wrote:I think it's also heavy breathing in Gyms, since the virus can spread via respiratory droplets and vapor.

I worked at gyms and pools for many years, breaking up spontaneous gay orgies. And no one had to wear a mask or stay so many meters apart.

Our prime minister and the government of British Columbia have recommended "glory holes" as a solution to the "breathing while having sex" problem. Can you guys think of any other solutions for this?

(I'm not being surreal here, by the way. I'm just being ironic (absent other narrative-style options) about the fact that my clocks haven't melted)
#15131843
Fantastic to see there was a rave of 700 people in Bristol England. The news media are reporting that there was robust protest when the police turned up to kill the fun. Perhaps the tide is finally starting to turn against the Lock Down Liberals. I believe Lockdown 2 is being enabled at 12 midnight on Wednesday night. I wonder if there will be any open protest parties this time.
#15131844
Rich wrote:Fantastic to see there was a rave of 700 people in Bristol England. The news media are reporting that there was robust protest when the police turned up to kill the fun. Perhaps the tide is finally starting to turn against the Lock Down Liberals. I believe Lockdown 2 is being enabled at 12 midnight on Wednesday night. I wonder if there will be any open protest parties this time.


I strongly doubt we will see widespread lock downs across the US. Here in Austin, we were never in danger of hospitals being overrun, but they locked it down anyway. Further, we now have extra capacity of beds, etc. I just don't see people here tolerating it.
#15131860
Here's the latest weekly update:

Image

For Red State/Blue State:

US ave. deaths per million (increase, change in rate)
  • Red States 662.1 (21.6, +0.5)
  • Purple States 508.9 (24.7, +6.9)
  • Blue States 810.0 (11.6, -0.5)

If they were included on my weekly chart above, Blue States would rank 11th out of 90 (+0), Red States 25th (-1), and Purple States 35th (+0).
  • 1
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 63
  • 70

Just to clarify, I was saying that tax cuts don't […]

Biden breaks his foot

From the article you choose to ignore: Muell[…]

Rethinking the Electoral College

All it means is that the GOP will have to adjust […]

If God exists, who created God?

God by definition Is self-existent, self-subsisten[…]