Texas Six Week Abortion Law - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This is just appalling bad legislation and lawmaking regardless of principle of abortion life/choice debate,

This is law is enables vigilantes law enforcement. The whole bill is end run around the state actually being responsible for the laws it passes, it;'s highly irresponsible, chaotic, ill thought out piece of legislation.

It's just really extremely bad but of legislation.
pugsville wrote:
This is just appalling bad legislation and lawmaking regardless of principle of abortion life/choice debate,

This is law is enables vigilantes law enforcement. The whole bill is end run around the state actually being responsible for the laws it passes, it;'s highly irresponsible, chaotic, ill thought out piece of legislation.

You're implicitly saying that the Texas law would be preferable, when it's just designed to harass pregnant women.
Appologies if this point has been made: I wonder how many supporters of this "save the foetus " brigade haven't been vaccinated for covid19 and are running about risking their own life and those of all others.
pugsville wrote:

Sorry -- I'm realizing I misinterpreted your stance. Never mind.
ckaihatsu wrote:Texas Women Are Now Going Online for Abortion Pills Info After State's New Ban, Says Nonprofit

I don't really know why nobody has provided free travel out of state if someone seeks an abortion actually.
I love living in a third world country where DEA agents cross themselves before kicking in the door and tossing flashbangs before they shoot a dude's dog because he helped women control their reproductive processes by dealing abortificants.

Excellent country, extremely #1 country ever.
SpecialOlympian wrote:
I love living in a third world country where DEA agents cross themselves before kicking in the door and tossing flashbangs before they shoot a dude's dog because he helped women control their reproductive processes by dealing abortificants.

Excellent country, extremely #1 country ever.

Animal sacrifice.

= \
pugsville wrote:This is just appalling bad legislation and lawmaking regardless of principle of abortion life/choice debate,

Agree, it's pretty dumb.
pugsville wrote:This is just appalling bad legislation and lawmaking regardless of principle of abortion life/choice debate,

It is a wildly unconstitutional law. These so called constitution loving conservatives. :roll:
They never loved the Constitution and if for a second you believed any rightwinger actually cared about it you're a fool. The only part they liked was the part that codified that black people weren't fully human for the purposes of voting, and the only reason they even tolerated blacks being 60% human was that a white man got to cast their votes for them.
SpecialOlympian wrote:They never loved the Constitution and if for a second you believed any rightwinger actually cared about it you're a fool. The only part they liked was the part that codified that black people weren't fully human for the purposes of voting, and the only reason they even tolerated blacks being 60% human was that a white man got to cast their votes for them.

A lot of republicans care and love the constitution but I am not sure if they are a majority anymore. Too many have drunk the cool aid.

The civil war within the republican party was inevitable after Trump lost but the other side seems to be not really interested in fighting in earnest so they are loosing and defecting to the democrats. This is something that I didn't imagine happening before the election. Middle to long term the Republicans are done probably. They will slowly slide to obscurity and will require massive change not to become fully irrelevant. Even short term they will feel this process getting worse and worse.
JohnRawls wrote:A lot of republicans care and love the constitution but I am not sure if they are a majority anymore. Too many have drunk the cool aid.

They were only for it when it benefited them. As soon as it became inconvenient, well... you have Jan 6th.
@Rancid @SpecialOlympian

Republicans are not a hive mind and the Democrats are not a hive mind.

The Democratic base has historically been larger while Republican base has historically been smaller but more unified. Trump shattered the unity within the Republican party and as time will go on without course correction, the more people will flow to the Democratic already larger base to the point of making first the Presidential race unwinnable then the house races and then finally the senate.

Loosing chunks of their base and independents is far more easier for the democrats since they are a larger collective but the problem for Republicans is that there is relatively very few scenarios I can see where a Democrat will switch to Republican or an independent will switch from D leaning to R leaning and the process is moving in the other direction right now when CORE republicans who have historically voted Republican for a very long time are switching to Democrat. This is the outcome of the Trump administration, Covid policies, 6th of January, shitting on the constitution and so on... There is inherent risk to reward when you do radical things like that. Currently Republicans are trying to unify again but when they eventually do, will they even have a chance to win anything anymore?
A significant portion of the GOP base legit believes in a combination cult/conspiracy theory that all Democrats will be executed on live national broadcast just lmfao if you think there is anything resembling anything intellectual or even the barest outlines of a coherent and consistent ideology in the GOP.

They love the abortion law because it punishes poor women. That's it. They won't tell you that, but that's why.

JohnRawls wrote:Trump shattered the unity within the Republican party and as time will go on without course correction,

Lmao all Trump did was say the quiet parts out loud because he's an idiot.

Trump is basically what the Simpsons is now: he grew up on it and now he is old enough to write episodes and produce fanfiction. He was too stupid to realize rightwing garbage was made to pacify idiots like him, not something anyone in power was supposed to actually believe.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]