Battle for homeschool funding - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
A legal battle for homeschool funding has begun in West Virginia.

The state passed a law to allow families to be able to get state funding to help pay for private school tuition, homeschooling fees and several other expenses.

But a state judge has now blocked the law from taking effect, with the claim that it would take money away from public schools and incentivize families to pull their children out of public school. (Public schools are given funding based on how many students they are educating)
The female judge claimed in her ruling that the law violates the state's constitutional mandate to provide "a thorough and efficient system of free schools."

Judge blocks West Virginia school voucher law | AP News, July 5, 2022
https://apnews.com/article/education-le ... 64d4c1d749

Why do progressives on the Left seem to be so against homeschool vouchers?

What is the REAL logic going on here?
Yes, if parents homeschool their children, there will be less funding for the schools, but there will also be fewer students in those schools. The amount of funding per student will remain the same. And if only a fraction of students get homeschooled, this is not going to result in any schools closing or financially struggling.

What this is really about, I think, is schools are afraid they will lose funding. The administrators of these schools will be in charge of less money, and maybe a few less teachers will be hired.

They are afraid of losing their monopoly on education funding.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Rancid anyone who applauds and approves genocida[…]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be als[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]