'Detransitioners' warn others against gender change - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
No, if the argument rests solely on the bigoted assumption that anyone with a neurodivergence is stupid and easily manipulated, then the argument is just an unrealistic insult aimed at neurodivergent people.

To be honest, I do not think trans critics even know what their argument is.

They see a tweet or a YouTube video that they think agrees with them and they decide “yes, that! That is my argument” without understanding it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, in order for you to believe that trans people are not really trans, you have to assume teenagers are stupid and easily tricked by the elite conspiracy.

You can't be serious...
Alcohol, smoking tobacco, drugs, very unwise and irresponsible decisions about having sex. Male teens driving too fast and crashing cars. Yes, teens often can make all sorts of terrible decisions.

Not all teens of course, but a significant portion of them. Maybe somewhere between 2 to 20 percent, I would guess, for the routine type of stupid decisions teenagers commonly make.

Need we also mention tattoos and excessive body piercings? 12 and 13 year old girls in some cases wanting to dress as street prostitutes. Poor and extreme choices of hair styles and hair dye. How about unhealthy eating. Just imagine how most teens would choose to eat if left completely to their own devices.

Do you know what often happens when you give a teen girl a credit card with a very high spending limit?
Puffer Fish wrote:You can't be serious...
Alcohol, smoking tobacco, drugs, very unwise and irresponsible decisions about having sex. Male teens driving too fast and crashing cars. Yes, teens often can make all sorts of terrible decisions.

Not all teens of course, but a significant portion of them. Maybe somewhere between 2 to 20 percent, I would guess, for the routine type of stupid decisions teenagers commonly make.

No one is arguing all teenagers are stupid.

Nor is anyone arguing that any teenager is incapable of making a bad mistake.

I am clarifying that you and other people who think being trans is a hoax have to believe that all teens who receive gender affirming medical care make the exact same bad decision.

This is an unrealistic lay improbable coincidence.

It is akin to arguing that every single teen who drives also decides to speed.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am clarifying that you and other people who think being trans is a hoax have to believe that all teens who receive gender affirming medical care make the exact same bad decision.

I am suggesting that it could be a hoax and a bad decision in the majority of cases now.

Even if it were only a bad decision in 10 or 25% of cases, that would still be very concerning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be als[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]