Cronic Sleeping Disorder. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By MB.
Just learned today, that a friend of mine doesn't sleep for 36 hours straight, and then sleeps a minimal few hours (7-10) every so often.

How can the human body keep that up?

I'd imaigne its possible for one to adjust to a 36 hour 'day' if one wree to get a full 18 hours of uninturupted sleep everything 'night'... but since my friend isn't...

How is that possible?
By Boondock Saint
Thats really not that bad. I have known people who get much less sleep than that ... its good that your freind gets the 7-10 hours, thats all he/she really needs anyway.

That much sleep will allow his body to repair itself and yadda yadda ... I would suggest your freind take up some sort of meditation, actual meditation not an active stretch like Yoga ... the body can actually get the same type of rest from that that it can from sleep without the person having to be asleep ... so that might help with life in general.

I think your freind will be fine overall ... just a little tired compared to you who may be getting a good nights sleep every night.
By MB.
I'm just stunned. I didn't think that was possible at all.

I mean, without 7 to 8 hours of sleep everyday, people just can't function- i'm really consdiering trying a little experiment like that myself now to test it out.
By Boondock Saint
But your used to the sleep ... so at first it would feck you up pretty bad.

I think the Army did tests and a human needs around 4-6 hours sleep in order to remain combat effective in any 24 hour period ...

So ... who knows?

I had a teacher in high school who didnt sleep at all really ... he had sleap apnea and would wake up every 20 minutes because he wasnt breathing ... he spent most of his adult life like this. He was a very nice but always very tired man.
By MB.
Of course I'd be fucked up- but I really want to test it out.

Besides, I can try and break a few personal records: the longest I've ever been up is some odd 30 hours as casued by a godless flight to England that wouldn't end.
By naked_turk
Mr Bill wrote:Besides, I can try and break a few personal records: the longest I've ever been up is some odd 30 hours as casued by a godless flight to England that wouldn't end.
Foolish Mr. Bill. Foolish.

On most international flights you're likely to be able to get free booze (no matter your age). The trick is to drink just enough to knock yourself out for the whole flight. Last time, I drank alot of the usual Gin, Rum, and Vodka, but tried a few new things like Cognac and some other stuff I no longer remember. The ~10 hour flight became 2 hours :D
By Russkie
does anyone know a good Yoga site...

Since you guys consider Yoga an effective alternative to sleep.
By MB.
Are you mad?!

Drinkin booze on an airplane with the lowered atmospheric pressure? you'd get smashed on a thimble full of vodka!

Damnit Jim I'm a doctore not a thimble!

Er, yah.

That and you'd be so fucked up when you got off the plane it wouldn't be funny.
By Boondock Saint
Russkie wrote:does anyone know a good Yoga site...

Since you guys consider Yoga an effective alternative to sleep.

No no my good freind, not Yoga. Yoga is too active ... look up a meditation such as Qi Gong ... or Chi Kung depending on Chinese or Japanese ...
By Comrade Ogilvy
Prolonged sleep deprivation will cause serious bodily problems on down the road. It will catch up with you.

According to OCHA, imports of both food and medic[…]

Obviously. If you care about white people you do […]

You can open the tweet yourself.

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]