Sup - Politics | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By addem
Hi, I'm Adam, from the US. I work as a consultant and tutor for Math, Stats, and data-related stuff. In my down-time I read a lot of Science, History, and Philosophy, and travel a bit with my wife. I also volunteer as a teacher for Bard University's Prison Initiative, which gives inmates education and job preparedness so that they can land on their feet when they get out. I also contribute a little bit of programming and HTML code to a few open-source projects like SymPy, although I am a (poorly) self-taught programmer so I can't do anything for them that's too deep.

Anyway, I like the sound of some of the rules on this forum, it sounds like it's designed to keep people focused on the topics and facts--a lot of other forums seem to be flooded with personal attacks and useless accusations of bias. I'm sure it's impossible to entirely get away from all that, but I respect the attempt.
By Libertarian353
Welcome, are you a believer of property rights, no government and guns?
By addem
Libertarian353 wrote:Welcome, are you a believer of property rights, no government and guns?

I believe in striving for no government. I love guns. I instinctively believe in property rights, but the exact nature of what "property" is, and what justifies the right to it, is interesting and something I haven't fully ironed out for myself.
By addem
Saeko wrote:What is your opinion of comrade Stalin, the gentle father of nations?

He's no Putin.

Damn, I did the thing again where I made one post per person. Can't delete the post now. My bad, mods.
By Libertarian353
Saeko wrote:What is your opinion of comrade Stalin, the gentle father of nations?

Of course the fascist becomes Communist. Proving fascists and commies are big statists anti-property folk. Both sides are the same.
By anarchist23
Welcome to PoFo.
By Drlee
Welcome. Try not to love guns. They are not lovable things.
By addem
Drlee wrote:Welcome. Try not to love guns. They are not lovable things.

Why would I try not to love a thing I enjoy very much? Irrational.
By Victoribus Spolia

The occasional one line post is not usually enforced too hard (FYI), free speech is well-received here so you can talk about pretty controversial and taboo things like gender, race, religion, etc without being kicked-off (which is great).

75% of the active posters here seem to be serious and atleast semi-intellectual in their posting, 25% are trolls, but they usually show-up to add controversial forms of comic-relief rather than to seriously drag down conversation (though there are a couple of them on both sides of the right-left divide that make up like 5% of PoFo)

Also, diverse posters. I would say most are Leftists (maybe 55-60%) of explictly marxist or marxist-leaning.

Far-Right folks (i.e. fascists, nationalist, alt.right, alt. light, ultra-conservatives) probably make like 15-20%

Libertarians, centrists, and constitutionalists, probably make up 10-15%

Theocrats, Monarchists, Technocrats, Imperialists, etc combined might total 5%, maybe.

This is just a guess based on my experience on here, not a scientific analysis.

I am a neo-monarchal nationalist, patriarchal-fecundist, paleo-colonialist, and semi-theocratic imperialist. I usually get along with most far-right guys, the less politically-correct old-school Marxists, and the more paleo-con variety of libertarian types.

Avoid ad-hominems, never talk bad about PoFo, respect the mods, don't drink and drink, and don't touch children inappropriately or attempt to stage para-military coups on the forum and you'll be alright.

Is Mankind Advanced or Primitive?

The terms 'Advanced' and 'Primitive' have sense o[…]

Yesterday I went with my daughter to the Cosmonaut[…]

Trump and Russiagate

Boy, that's a lot of "bullshit" going a[…]

You'd think that someone would have prevented him […]