Hello! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Michael_Vaillant
Hello everybody,

I'm coming there for sharing thoughs about the brexit vote. Yes again :-)
But, beyond "talking", I would like to do a proposal, and discuss with you about a possible action.

I'll try to explain in a few words, (and by advance, sorry for the mistakes: english is not my natural language), but this is something very important for me, as I think that something has gone really wrong in that vote, that should be widely know or understood in its mechanisms.

Related to this subject, in my personnal background, I'm deeply engaged in several computer projects around society and information analysis: one of my projects (meta-connexions) concerned (ultimately) automatized means to cross information, detect original/independant data-sources and fight against misinformation (or approximations), among others things.

To go back to my coming there, I've been stunned by something : the people opinion and the press opinion was massively non-aligned one year ago, and then, during the next months, the public opininon progressively (on months) had changed towards the more dominant press opinion.

If you search a little, you will found studies or articles on that subject. I think we need to go further, and it should worth doing a more extensive analysis of WHAT have occured during these last months, probably due to the will of a very few people.

It's why, today, as the subject is not completely cold, I'm suggesting a new petition on UK parliament. The fields (to comply characters limitations) could be :

##Subject

Investigate the way the UK newspapers favoured the brexit vote at 80% push.

##Background

Authors from Loughborough University show us evidence that when you take account of the newspaper circulation there was a substantial difference of 18% pro-Remain and 82% pro-Leave articles.
This fact has cast doubts about the use of the press during the campaign to influence the results.

##Additional details

In parallel, the UK press was absolutely not representative of the public opinion which evolve from about 33% of pro-leave in May 2015 to 52% pro-leave at the end.

This hard evidence leaved us to believe that the press was used to influence the results and that democracy has been achieved. As the majority of the newspapers are owned by only a few people, we think that's worth the investigation

###
Thank you for sharing your opinion and also helping on this,
Sincerely,
Michael
By anarchist23
The Longest Thread Ever is an informal thread and you can get to know PoFo and its members there.

.........Welcome to PoFo..........

Her great grandfather was Leon Trotsky. He moved […]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]