Good afternoon and hello - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Dandelion
Hello from Dandelion. I am a fiction author and artist. I do not believe politics can solve humanity's problems. I think politics has run its course, has been especially corrupt and often brutal and is presently making a mockery of democracy. I think theocracy is proving to be horrific, monarchy is outdated and military juntas are nasty intervals between internecine warfare.

I would like to live to see something else take the place of politics, per se, in the administration of human communities called nations on landmasses called countries.
Hi Mr B. I'm not very optimistic about anything involving humanity in its present state of decay.

If art imitates life, then politics imitates thought.

Judging by what has happened to art and to politics, humanity needs to push the refresh button.

Of course not all of humanity is this way. I live in a place where people are still friendly, helpful, empathic and able to be this way under some of the most challenging conditions. So, I do feel there is hope for some people, but this naturally means that for others, elsewhere, there is the downhill ride of hubris.

Life is full of challenges and if one cannot step up to the plate and confront these, then one will be consumed in the maelstrom of retribution that is the karma of what is reaped from what is sown.

Politics merely reflects what has been sown as humans desperately attempt a smart arsed solution to problems that require a great deal more effort then mere anti-establishment rebellion, or ideas that isms can solve the conundrums of human existence.

That all comes with age and experience. Give an arrogant student enough time and he will become his own opposite. When he stands in the shoes of his father he will think about how wrong he thought his father was and how wrong he now was about that. When he stands in his grandfather's shoes he will simply shake his head and look forward to the continuing journey. Because that kind of experience makes philosophers of everyone.

Not so long ago, the young were mindful of their elders' experiences. Whether these were for better or worse, they were conscious of them and tried to live by the lessons in them, whether these were of success or failure.

Now? Everyone is a smart arse. Most people are intoxicated by more than one substance and every second internet warrior is a great mine of political blather that is going to create this idea of "a better world". And to achieve this they are going to bully anyone who dissents. Thus has the internet lost its chance to be what it might have been and could be.

There can be a better world, of course, but it will take more than sucking on a reefer and being a plastic communist to achieve this. It will take more than goosestepping round the internet to achieve this. It will take more than telling everyone else how stupid you think they are to achieve this.

It will take so much more than is presently evident that I feel peace is a long way off because awareness and maturity have become redundant in the over developed West.

Hope still remains for some less developed places as they have wriggle room to change their fate. But that door doesn't stay open for very long, so a lot depends on how they choose to avoid what has happened to other places on our beleaguered world.
Dandelion wrote:Hi Mr B. I'm not very optimistic about anything involving humanity in its present state of decay.

If art imitates life, then politics imitates thought.

Judging by what has happened to art and to politics, humanity needs to push the refresh button.

Of course not all of humanity is this way. I live in a place where people are still friendly, helpful, empathic and able to be this way under some of the most challenging conditions. So, I do feel there is hope for some people, but this naturally means that for others, elsewhere, there is the downhill ride of hubris.

Life is full of challenges and if one cannot step up to the plate and confront these, then one will be consumed in the maelstrom of retribution that is the karma of what is reaped from what is sown.

Politics merely reflects what has been sown as humans desperately attempt a smart arsed solution to problems that require a great deal more effort then mere anti-establishment rebellion, or ideas that isms can solve the conundrums of human existence.

That all comes with age and experience. Give an arrogant student enough time and he will become his own opposite. When he stands in the shoes of his father he will think about how wrong he thought his father was and how wrong he now was about that. When he stands in his grandfather's shoes he will simply shake his head and look forward to the continuing journey. Because that kind of experience makes philosophers of everyone.

Not so long ago, the young were mindful of their elders' experiences. Whether these were for better or worse, they were conscious of them and tried to live by the lessons in them, whether these were of success or failure.

Now? Everyone is a smart arse. Most people are intoxicated by more than one substance and every second internet warrior is a great mine of political blather that is going to create this idea of "a better world". And to achieve this they are going to bully anyone who dissents. Thus has the internet lost its chance to be what it might have been and could be.

There can be a better world, of course, but it will take more than sucking on a reefer and being a plastic communist to achieve this. It will take more than goosestepping round the internet to achieve this. It will take more than telling everyone else how stupid you think they are to achieve this.

It will take so much more than is presently evident that I feel peace is a long way off because awareness and maturity have become redundant in the over developed West.

Hope still remains for some less developed places as they have wriggle room to change their fate. But that door doesn't stay open for very long, so a lot depends on how they choose to avoid what has happened to other places on our beleaguered world.

Excellent post, Mrs Dandelion.
I don't have your eloquence to respond as the post merits. I'm just an engineer after all..............:)
I pretty much agree with all you said. As long as we have factions fighting over ideologies (as they have done for centuries, greed, and avarice, you are right. World peace won't be any time soon - if ever.
The Longest Thread Ever is an informal thread and you can get to know PoFo and its members there.

.........Welcome to PoFo..........

Thank you anarchist. I had a look when I joined but I ran out of chocolate biscuits and vodka trying to read it. It is something I will return to for the next few years as I gain weight, get drunk and stumble through its maze. 8)
Thank you. 8)

As for Marxism ... nah. I hate all isms.

There is a reason for this. But I am too unusual for the basic needs of the human horde to always enslave themselves to the ism (whatever the poop it might be) rather than to embrace reality. I am at a loss as to why modern humanity cannot embrace reality. Our ancestors almost made it, but were sidelined by religions. And then isms came along. :(

Still, I live in hope.

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]