Sorry for my horrific English :) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
I have never studied English and I know it only indirectly, through computer games and programs. In high school and college only studied German language and it was a long time ago, 25 years ago :) So for communication I using an automatic translator. I try to read the text in the search for an ambiguous translation mistakes from Russian into English, but often they can not be overlooked. And I do not see errors in grammar. Although the translation of many words from English into Russian, I know well, English grammar for me is no different from the Chinese :D

So maybe I would be difficult to understand. And I ask to forgive me in advance :D

On the Internet, I am many years. Almost since its appearance in Russia. My first website was created back in 1997 and since then I have been actively engaged in Web. I own quite popular Russian forum, the oldest of which date back to the message 1999. Because my level of English is not enough for communication outside of Russia for many years, my communication was limited to just Russian-speaking forums. But progress does not stand still and the automatic translators have reached a level where you can more or less freely and communicate in English. And so I became interested in foreign forums.

However, there was a mistake with my nickname. In general, the Internet knows me under the nickname Balancer (since 2003, previously - =KRoN=). But rather than start from scratch there account I tried to login with Facebook and forums began to use my name instead of a nickname :) I could make another account from scratch, but in a situation like this in another forum I was immediately banned and did not allow communicate. We'll have to put up with such curves nickname :)

Unfortunately, I still can not find an English-speaking active forums, where in one place to discuss all topics of interest to me. Therefore, while it is necessary to be content with political forums :)

In addition to politics, I take a great interest and well-versed in the following themes:

— Programming and web-programming (PHP, Forth, HTML, CSS, JS, Asm and more)
— Photography (I actively photographed on a Canon 550D and smartphone)
— Astrophotography (very amateur practic level, it is possible in urban environments get 5" telescope, but good theoretical level :) )
— SF&F (I read very, very much, but, of course, only in Russian)
— Military equipment, especially - military aircraft (military officers trained in defending against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) weapons).
— Now a lot of fond of modern radio electronics in the field of "smart home" and "Internet of Things". But there is more projects than the practical results.

So, if someone would raise questions on these things, I am always ready to help with advice :)

According to the political views I have in my soul, most likely, techno-anarchist. But I understand that this is a utopian in today world. And I can't unambiguously choose any from the political systems existing today. Each system has a set of shortcomings. I try to take centrist balanced positions. Therefore in the conditions of aggressive anti-Russian promotion in the West, I believe, my views will seem to the majority pro-Russian and anti-Western. It is necessary to understand that political views always not absolute, but relative.

Good time of (... hm...) 24h!

Tell me, please, how in English to distinguish full day (24 hours) from day time? :) — Because I can't translate the popular Russian Internet greeting which isn't attached to morning/day/evening/night into English :)
Welcome aboard.

Your English is fine, this is an international board so we tend to be a little lenient on the language side anyways not that there is much problem with your English or I am an expert.

Anyway you seem to be a nice addition to this board just ditch anarchism in whatever form and embrace Glorious Father of Nations i.e. Joseph Stalin. ;)
Balancer wrote:However, there was a mistake with my nickname. In general, the Internet knows me under the nickname Balancer (since 2003, previously - =KRoN=). But rather than start from scratch there account I tried to login with Facebook and forums began to use my name instead of a nickname :) I could make another account from scratch, but in a situation like this in another forum I was immediately banned and did not allow communicate. We'll have to put up with such curves nickname :)

Thanks for not making duplicate accounts, I took the liberty to change your username to Balancer.

Welcome to PoFo.
When I first saw the avatar, I noticed that it was a familiar face like a former classmate. If you use a machine translator, you need to fix errors manually. For instance, female Russian names often turn into male names (i.e. Sotnikova > Sotnikov).
I wrote this for another forum, but duplicates there can be someone interesting ...

Balancer wrote:Here the photo of winter which at foreigners most often is associated with Russia :) Simply snowfall. Though strong, but habitual. Moscow. Spring (March, 25) of 2013 :)

Steady Pie wrote:
Holy (*)(*)(*)(*). Never seen a winter like that. Never seen snow.

By Russian standards, in Moscow, a temperate climate. The temperature rarely drops below -20 °C (-4 °F). And snow in many places, too, is much more :)

For example, winter in Norilsk (not my photo).

The thermometer -64 °C (-83 °F).

Russian woman in Norilsk :)

God I hate the cold! Makes me feel sorry for all the poor fellows who had to go to war with Russia because their glorious leaders thought it was a good idea...
Frollein wrote:God I hate the cold! Makes me feel sorry for all the poor fellows who had to go to war with Russia because their glorious leaders thought it was a good idea...

Yes, General Frost is not very friendly to the insurgents :)

:eh: Sure, rub it in... could have shown Napoleon's soldiers instead, y'know?

I'm sure Decky will love you. :p
Frollein wrote:They did have war painters, the equivalent of war photographs, though.

Of course, I know about a set of pictures about war of 1812. But pictures are no good as arguments and the facts. And I try to operate with only more or less reliable data :)
Balancer wrote:And I try to operate with only more or less reliable data :)

It is possible to rely only on similar statistics.

422 000 (448 000 by other origins) soldiers of the French army have come to Russia. 10 000 French have left Russia. But what part of them has died from frosts, alas, not to estimate any more.
Continuing a subject of the Russian winter and my photos without politics :)

Russia from abroad, of course, is associated with Red Square :) But for those who lives in Moscow, it is so usual, that many visits it once time in many years. I am such :) I live in Moscow 25 years, but on Red Square was 5 or 6 times.

Once, after walk around the city, we came with the wife and the daughter to Red Square. There was an awful weather — a sleet, a blizzard. But it was succeeded to take such shot. I like this photo :) It is almost original picture, without computer effects. I, at all, don't love computer effects. Only rotate, crop, and tuning of brightness and contrast...

Clickable (as well as other photos too).

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]