Sorry for my horrific English :) - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
Well, in the end, just a photo four years ago without any sense :) The temple looks like a toy, but in fact it is a large building, standing much further :)

20140115-1519-img_7922.jpg
20140115-1519-img_7922.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
Somewhere a week ago, as part of a school assignment, my daughter and I made a bird feeder. But in the courtyard is the XXI century. So I decided to hang the feeder not somewhere in the street, but outside. And sent there a Web camera. Put a program that takes pictures when changing the picture. Birds for a long time ignored the trough, but today the first titmouse arrived. Unfortunately, the titmice eat animal food, but we only have a vegetable in the food trough. It will be necessary to expand the menu :)

motion_2018-02-05_09.36.41_671.jpg
motion_2018-02-05_09.36.41_671.jpg (78.26 KiB) Viewed 6669 times

It's a pity, the web-camera at me through the glass badly removes, so the quality is bad.
@Balancer
Feeding bread to the birds is not a good idea.
Get them some seeds of different varieties.

Seeds contain oil which is good for them to survive in the cold.

Also keep an eye on the feeder and see which animals come to feed.
It might be a good idea to use a real bird feeder with a smaller entry for the birds, otherwise squirrels and crows can come and eat everything once they find it.

Good luck, I appreciate your postings.
Meanwhile, in Moscow, winter continues. Over the past two days, the monthly snowfall rate has fallen. In many places the snow lies knee-high. Communal services work continuously, but do not have time to clean all this snow.

20180205_101209.jpg
20180205_101209.jpg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 6667 times

Ter wrote:@Balancer
Get them some seeds of different varieties.

Yes, there are seeds there, just now they were covered with snow. I do not want to open the window on the frosty street and clean it while it's snowing. I'll clean it from snow when it's snowing :)

Squirrels in our area do not live. Yes, they can not get to the fifth floor of the concrete house. Proteins live only in the neighboring forest a mile from us.

The crow is many, but while the feeder is not interesting to them :)

The translator encountered a mistake in semantics. In Russian, the words Squirrel ("BElka") and Protein ("BelOk") in some forms are written in the same way, for example, in the plural (Squirrels = "BElki" = "BelkI" = "Proteins". I mark the accent with a large letter - it is different in these words). Google Translate on the plural translated as "Proteins in our area do not live" :)

Funny story. If you change the word "protein" ("belOk") in russian analogue of the possessive case it begins to be written exactly as the "squirrel". Albeit with a different accent, not at first and on the second syllable - "bElka" and "belkA".

Once such was translated the institute title the website. "Moscow Institute of protein". In Russian — "Institut belkA". The translator translated as "Squrrel institute". As such, the name got on the official site :D

64152219_Institut_belka.JPG
64152219_Institut_belka.JPG (39.2 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

In Russia this shame became a meme and then long remembered (although the error was quickly corrected).
Balancer wrote: The translator translated as "Squirrel institute". As such, the name got on the official site

That is hilarious!

We have some similar issues here in Bengali:
"jute" and "fart" are both called "path". The pronunciation is a little bit different.
Ter wrote:"jute" and "fart" are both called "path". The pronunciation is a little bit different.

This, by the way, is a serious problem for those who study English :) Russian is more information-intensive and therefore small changes in pronunciation do not affect understanding. And the sensitivity to pronunciation among Russian speakers is lower. Because of this, we can hardly distinguish between "ship" and "sheep" or "beach" and "bi*ch" :) These words sound absolutely identical for us. It remains only to guess how the native speakers of English understand the Russians who say these words :D "I went to the beach" in Russian performance, some laughs ;)

I, behold, I recently listen to the song T Bone Burnett "It's not too late".

I know English very badly, but clearly I hear in the song "The atmosphere is little ..." I try to understand, but I can not. Then I find the text of the song. Heck! It says "The atmosphere is lethal":)
I decided to match the Russian image a little and now I mixed vodka with tomato juice. Made several shots Bloody Mary :)

20180205_175308.jpg
20180205_175308.jpg (65.59 KiB) Viewed 6659 times

In fact, I rarely drink vodka. Last time he drank it a few months ago. I prefer to drink beer. Slightly less often - cognac or wine. Even rarer - rum or whiskey.
Balancer wrote:In Russia this shame became a meme and then long remembered (although the error was quickly corrected).

I trust the Trotskyite wrecker responsible for this act of sabotage was dealt with appropriately, Balancer. :eh:
Potemkin wrote:I trust the Trotskyite wrecker responsible for this act of sabotage was dealt with appropriately, Balancer. :eh:

I think he was sentenced to ten years of execution without the right to correspond.
Balancer wrote: The translator translated as "Squirrel institute". As such, the name got on the official site

That is hilarious!

We have some similar issues here in Bengali:
"jute" and "fart" are both called "path". The pronunciation is a little bit different.
From old photos. This is May of 2010 year. Dagestan. Mountain village of Kuba. The place where my wife's mother was born and grew up.

20100515-1140-img_6109.jpg
20100515-1140-img_6109.jpg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
Decky wrote:That could do with a guard rail.

In ancient times, the valleys of Dagestan were too valuable a place to settle them. There are few arable land. Therefore, people settled in the mountains, in places unsuitable for farming. At the same time it helped create additional protection from attacks.
Last night I burned myself to the central heating battery. I took an IR thermometer and measured the temperature. 94.0 °C (201.2 °F). The municipal services decided to resist frost, the promised weather forecast. Heating system in my house is old, the degree of heating is not regulated. He called the communal service, they answered that it was normal. We have to open the windows to the street and warm the atmosphere. Russia is a generous soul! :)

01-5996517-20180228-214640.jpg
01-5996517-20180228-214640.jpg (17.29 KiB) Viewed 6527 times
My wife was returning home from work. At the entrance of the house two drunken guys gave her two huge bouquets of tulips. And in every door handle in the apartments of our house - the flowers are stuck :)

This, apparently, the people continue to celebrate the women's day, the 8th of March :)

20180310_193607.jpg
20180310_193607.jpg (83.22 KiB) Viewed 6462 times

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]