Sorry for my horrific English :) - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
But that didn't think that at us it is always cold... Here somehow in the 2010th has photographed the meteorological station for memory.

On her the current weather (a rain, a thunder-storm) at +36.5 °C (+97.7 °F) and recorded at most +61.7 °C (+143 °F) :) Of course, it is a maximum on sunny side. Fortunately, such weather happens not often.

Severe Russian meteorological station. Accompanying text:

Hyperion's brick.
Exact information on weather.

- A brick wet — it is raining.
- A brick dry — there is no rain.
- The brick casts a shadow — clearly.
- The brick isn't visible — fog.
- The brick shakes — is windy.
- On a brick something white — snow.
- The brick goes up-down — an earthquake.
- There is no brick — updating of data.
It is a little more old weather humour :)

Signature: "For this reason Russia — the winner of the Olympic Games".

Really, after the collapse of the USSR, in the 1990s, streets cleaned Moscow very badly. And in wet weather with the snow it was frequent :D Even at the beginning of the 2000th so was. Now snow on streets began to be shoveled away very actively.

Now winter of the street of Moscow look approximately so:

I photographed it in recent hard frosts, for memory. There are almost no cars on the road as in such frost very few cars are capable to be started :)
I have gone the other day to shop near the house and have thought — can, at a foreign forum it is interesting to someone to look just at usual Moscow life of a poor class (I though belong to category of middle class, but why to buy in expensive shop when there is cheap? :D)

If the prices in dollars for kilogram are interesting, then it should be divided on 60.
And here so we with colleagues celebrated New year and Christmas at work :)

In general, it is strange. It seemed to me that I posted this photo. Even translated that my workplace looks out at the left where a white package. I have reconsidered a subject — haven't found this photo :)

Signature: "For this reason Russia — the winner of the Olympic Games".

:lol:
I enjoy you sharing your views (photos and verbally) of Russia. Keep it up. :up:
Usually I eat at home. The wife cooks food or I quickly warm something. But sometimes it is necessary to hurry somewhere, there is no ready food of the house, then on the way to work run in KFC or McDonald's. Looking from what place I go to work. Has gone in not so long ago habitual way and it has turned out that the McDonald's is closed on repair. To next to go it was lazy, has gone to "Teremok" - it is such network of a fast casual with a brand under "the Russian tradition" :) It was necessary to have dinner the Russian pancake (though, of course, the Russian pancake is not pancake! :D) with beer :)

Pluses are that pancakes — there are no healthier food and turns. Besides, there is a beer which isn't sold in McDonald's. Minus is that I have somehow got used to fast food :)

Russian blini and caviar fast casual chain Teremok opens in New York

http://rbth.com/arts/2016/06/14/russian ... ork_602881

Oh! Here the Russian "blins" don't translate into English as "pancakes" :)
One Degree wrote::lol:
I enjoy you sharing your views (photos and verbally) of Russia. Keep it up. :up:

Yes, I something have hanged here today :) Long ago didn't look on a forum, since the beginning of year a lot of work has pulled hard. And today has gone to look that write, and has hanged :)

I try to show more photos, than to write texts because photos don't need to be translated :D
I views through photos on the phone in reverse order...

Here before New year the daughter at school at a manual training glues a rooster. 2017 according to the Chinese calendar — "year of a rooster". Well and all Russia meets year of a rooster. It would seem where Russia and where China (in the culture relations) — but in Russia always willingly is adopted by any interesting cultural traditions :)

Therefore our people celebrate New Year's holidays from December 25 (Catholic Christmas) to January 13. It is New year according to a Julian calendar — "old New year". In Russia have passed from a Julian calendar on Gregorian as in the West, only 100 years ago. And the orthodox church and now uses a Julian calendar which lags behind from Gregorian for 13 days :)
My son plays houses in Lego.

I don't think that the countries in which children play identical toys and watch identical cartoons can strongly differ on culture :D
Moscow subway.

Some trains in the subway paint under certain subjects. This — "legends of cinema". About known the sovestkikh movies and actors.

I go to the subway now not often therefore many interesting experiments pass by me. So the following several picture was taken not by me. Simply, if I have mentioned about such trains, it is necessary to share :)

Train "Aquarel" ("Water color"). In it pictures of young artists from Stroganov's school were shown.

And it before New year the New Year's train went:

By the way, the wife with the daughter went by the New Year's tram, but they have cameras on phone feeble, photos turned out bad :)
Balancer wrote:I have gone the other day to shop near the house and have thought — can, at a foreign forum it is interesting to someone to look just at usual Moscow life of a poor class (I though belong to category of middle class, but why to buy in expensive shop when there is cheap? :D)

If the prices in dollars for kilogram are interesting, then it should be divided on 60.

Looks like ALDI.
Frollein wrote:Looks like ALDI.

I don't know that such ALDI, but our retail chain stores are under construction, obviously, with use of the same methods and technologies, as in the West :) Unless sources of goods can be partly others. Let's tell, there will be no many goods from Europe and Turkey (the investigation of sanctions), but will be from the countries of the former USSR.
Balancer wrote:Moscow subway.

Train "Aquarel" ("Water color"). In it pictures of young artists from Stroganov's school were shown.

----

I would love to see artwork like that on my morning commute in England. I cannot pretend to be an art connoisseur but it would make me smile to see a little culture instead of advertisement posters.
Here some more little bricks of the Russian winter. Bricks. Ice bircks. :D These are ice blocks which janitors have brought down from the rooftop. And so — on all length of the house!

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]