Hello and greetings to everybody from Turkey, Im new. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
Hi, im new so figured i would introduce myself. I found this site while looking at some topics on google. It looked interesting so i decided to join. I live in istanbul I work full time but im also a part time student, anybody else from Turkey here?

Im still trying to get the hang of navigating on the board. As a side note I cant view or comment on some sections of the board. I wanted to leave a comment in the Europe section but the an automatic message told me I didnt have authorization to do so. Can someone explaine to me why that is? Do I need to comment on a different section of the board a certain number of times before i can comment on that section?
Hello Eternal Blaze and welcome, the policy of the site when you created your account back in 2012 was that an introductory post should be made before you get access to the rest of the forum. This policy no longer exists but it does exist for accounts that were created before the policy changed such as yours.
noemon wrote:Hello Eternal Blaze and welcome, the policy of the site when you created your account back in 2012 was that an introductory post should be made before you get access to the rest of the forum. This policy no longer exists but it does exist for accounts that were created before the policy changed such as yours.

Thanks for the info. But i the board says i still cant read more then one page of the " turkey and boundress" thread and i cant comment on it either. I tried to like your post and it would let me do that either saying im not authorised to do so.

fuser wrote:Welcome aboard.

Erodgan, yay or nay?

Mainly nay but even a broken clock is right two times a day.

quetzalcoatl wrote:Hi Eternal Blazze. What's the hubbub over Gulenism? Is it a real thing?

The gulenist issue is real but its also complicated.

From what i understand when Erdogan took power he had every intention of stacking every goverment institution with his people. Which is unfortunatly has become tradition in turkish politics. However Erdogan did take it to a whole new level. But when he took power he didnt have the man power to stack all the departments of goverment so he relied on another islamist faction. The gulenists became his manpower supply source. After years of working together something happened, its was never revealed as to what exactly caused the fallout but were rumors that its was over goverment graft, where greed got the best of them or it was fear of one anothers growing power. In an attempt to check one another they got into a power struggle that finaly caused there fallout. Or it could be all of the above or something else entirely different.

The large amount and quick arrests are due to Erdogan and co probably preparing a purge list earlier on. As the fallout happened way before the attempted coup. He also new who the gulenists were because he and his administration were instrumental in there placement. However Erdogan is probably taking advantage of the post coup support to not only take out gulenists in goverment but also everybody else who is and or could be a rival, along with those whose loyalty is "questionable". He may be using this opportunity to further entrench himself. I also believe any semblance of rule of law and proper procedure along with the rights of those accused has been thrown out the window in erdogan's crusade against the gulenists.

I find it ironic that he and gulen orchastrated the fake ergenekon trials to remove hardcore kemalists from military office and place gülenists instead on the false claims that they were preparing a coup. But real coup was actualy carried out but a former allie ( gulen) who is anything but a kemalist. He then inadvertantly admitted that the trials evidence was manufactured and the trials were carried out in a way that did not make them legal. He later had to release the generals who were falsely imprisoned in the ergenekon trials.

But yes, to answer you original question gulenism and gulenists are a very real threat in turkey. Though whı ever wins this battle, turkey may still end up loosing.
Eternal Blazze wrote:Thanks for the info. But i the board says i still cant read more then one page of the " turkey and boundress" thread and i cant comment on it either. I tried to like your post and it would let me do that either saying im not authorised to do so.

Hmm, try again. :)
Eternal Blazze wrote:Hey do you know how to send a "private message" to someone if i want to send a message to a member? Or is that not an option on this board?

Click their name, it takes you to their profile.
On the right side you should see a grey coloured quote bubble, that is the PM link.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The Greek American wife voted for the asshole w[…]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]