Hello, New here. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Goggins
Hello people, I'm glad to be here!

I don't know a lot about politics, but I want to learn, and I currently haven't decided which "political ideology" (is that the correct term?) works best for me. Let's see what happens.

Also, and I hope this is the right place, I have a couple of questions:

1. I already read the Newbie's Guide, the FAQ, etc. Are there any threads that you would recommend me to get a "feeling" about how the forum "works", like, I saw someone mention reading "The longest thread" in Gorkiy Park, though I reckon it will take me a while to get through 11,000+ pages :). Is there something else you would especifically recommend (like another threads), or should I just "lurk around" until I grasp it?
2. English is not my native language, so please excuse any mistakes I might commit. If you see any, please let me know. I don't like to repeat them.
3. And now that I'm making my first post, do I need to fill the "Tags" field? It's the first time I saw that in a forum (to be fair, this is the third forum in which I've ever registered, so there you have), so I don't know how to, huh, "choose" what to put there.

I apologize if this is better asked elsewhere.

I think that's all for now.

Oh, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hi. And don't try to shoehorn yourself into an ideological club. Just be yourself, ask questions, demand answers and make up your own ideology.

(to be fair, this is the third forum in which I've ever registered, so there you have)

This is the only forum on the internet. I have no idea what you're talking about. There are no others forums.
By Goggins
Igor Antunov wrote:Hi. And don't try to shoehorn yourself into an ideological club. Just be yourself, ask questions, demand answers and make up your own ideology.

You're right. I was trying to say that (probably because of my little knowledge on the matter) there is no ideology I identify with. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Igor Antunov wrote:This is the only forum on the internet. I have no idea what you're talking about. There are no others forums.

Heh. Right again. I don't know what I was thinking about :)
By noemon
Hello Goggins and welcome to the only forum on the internet. :)
Hi Goggins

You seem similar to me in a political ideological sense. I have issues that are important to me, and issues that aren't but I struggle to completely relate to any one party or ideology.

I think that difference is healthy though and what fuels most debates. "I agree with that BUT..."
By Stormsmith
Hiya, Goggins and Voice in the Corner.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]