A lowly immigrant from a forum far, far away - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
A long-term (10 year) contributor to the "Intellectual Exchanges" or "Thinker's Lounge" subforum of the website Neoseeker, I've become increasingly disappointed with the lack of substance and community engagement by its users.

I often use forums like these to help process and articulate thoughts, and to present them anonymously and openly whereby criticism can ascertain their strength, point-out and grow from their error, or give others an opportunity to change my perspectives entirely.

I do not fear or feel shame in being wrong, and every single belief or value I hold is capable of being changed. I am a very different person from what I was 10 years ago, and I owe that privilege to those who have proven me wrong. Being right holds no true value, but being wrong allows us to grow. To be better than what we were yesterday. I live for this.

I fully expect everyone I engage with to value the capital T truth over their own personal preconceptions. And I look forward to being an active member of this community.
PoFo is the only politics forum on the internet so I am not sure what you are talking about. Nonetheless you are welcome here.

How do you think society should deal with the idle like landlords and people who live from profits produced by their employees instead of doing work themselves? Reduction camps or something else?
BlackSquare wrote:A long-term (10 year) contributor to the "Intellectual Exchanges" or "Thinker's Lounge" subforum of the website Neoseeker, I've become increasingly disappointed with the lack of substance and community engagement by its users.

I often use forums like these to help process and articulate thoughts, and to present them anonymously and openly whereby criticism can ascertain their strength, point-out and grow from their error, or give others an opportunity to change my perspectives entirely.

I do not fear or feel shame in being wrong, and every single belief or value I hold is capable of being changed. I am a very different person from what I was 10 years ago, and I owe that privilege to those who have proven me wrong. Being right holds no true value, but being wrong allows us to grow. To be better than what we were yesterday. I live for this.

I fully expect everyone I engage with to value the capital T truth over their own personal preconceptions. And I look forward to being an active member of this community.

I too have participated for a long time in another forum and have experienced the same. This seems to be a trend with many online forums and communities. More have moved to Facebook (which I don't use) a "forum" in which the owner of the page gets to be the moderator.

@FiveofSwords On e again, you fail to provide[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]