Hi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Sivad
I'm Sivad and I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. The forum appears to be pretty active and the community seems interesting so I figured I'd join in the fun. I look forward to talking politics with you all and getting some different perspectives on the issues.
By noemon
Hello Sivad and welcome to the club. :)
By One Degree
Hello. Care to share your political position?
By Sivad
Sure, I'm an economic progressive and a social liberal, I'm in favor of heavily regulated markets and a strong welfare state, but I'm opposed to some liberal policies like immigration, gun control, and carbon pricing. I don't really fit in with any of the current political factions but I've been actively supporting the progressive movement even though I strongly disagree with some of the major planks there. I should say that on the liberal/progressive policies that I oppose it's mostly for entirely different reasons than the standard conservative arguments.
By anarchist23
Welcome to PoFo.
By One Degree
Sivad wrote:Sure, I'm an economic progressive and a social liberal, I'm in favor of heavily regulated markets and a strong welfare state, but I'm opposed to some liberal policies like immigration, gun control, and carbon pricing. I don't really fit in with any of the current political factions but I've been actively supporting the progressive movement even though I strongly disagree with some of the major planks there. I should say that on the liberal/progressive policies that I oppose it's mostly for entirely different reasons than the standard conservative arguments.

Great! We need more independent thinkers.
By Decky
Since when has gun control been a liberal policy? :?:

Welcome aboard anyway.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]