Welcome to Me! - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
Oxymandias wrote:I lived in 'Murica for 4 years. It's pretty nice but I like my own country more. There's nothing better than home.

Where did you live in 'murica? that makes a difference.
Oxymandias wrote:The Big Apple.

That IS NOT America

This is AMERICA:

Please come back and try again. Holy Fuck.
Correct.

I live in the Alleghenies, the rural rustbelt of PA.

As America as Apple Pie.
By Zamuel
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Correct. I live in the Alleghenies, the rural rustbelt of PA. As America as Apple Pie.

And as Dutch as wooden clogs … Piedmont ? It explains a lot, ever think of turning Amish?

Once upon a time I knew the Carlisle, Allentown, Wilkes-Barre corridor pretty well. Nice country but nasty winters. Was / is your family Slovak ? (sorry nosy).

Zam
@Zamuel,

I'm in the north-central-western region known as the Pennsylvania wilds at the end of the Allegheny range in that area.

I do have a substantial bit of Slovakian yes, we still make many traditional slovakian dishes in my family.

I am also German (PA dutch), English, and Irish.
By Zamuel
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I'm in the north-central-western region known as the Pennsylvania wilds at the end of the Allegheny range in that area.

I only got that far North a couple of times … it is indeed wild country, the little towns I went to weren't even on the map. (then)

I do have a substantial bit of Slovakian yes, we still make many traditional slovakian dishes in my family.

The Slovak's came late to the area, but did very well there. Ummm Pirogi, My wife's grandmother made the best Pirogi. Your name seemed like it could be Slovak.

Zam
Slovak was a just a good guess given the demographics, Victoribus Spolia is latin and means: "To The Victor Goes The Spoils" :D

Zamuel wrote:it is indeed wild country, the little towns I went to weren't even on the map. (then)

Indeed.

Zamuel wrote:Ummm Pirogi, My wife's grandmother made the best Pirogi.

Very good. Also quite enjoy hellushki et al.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In the same spirit I freely admit I was wrong to […]

Well that depends on what you want to accomplish.[…]

Stop condoning Islam Stop condoning Orthodox Juda[…]

Farage, btw, is a Putin puppet. What a laugh. Th[…]