Hi! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Justin_S
I'm a computer science major from the Washington, DC area. Mostly I'm spending the summer at an internship, but I'll be free to post every now and again.

Huge music listener, into all sorts of stuff, and I've just started a podcast with a friend from Glasgow about musicology and musical semiology; that'll probably be another big part of my summer.

I drink lots of coffee and wanna try to work in Seattle next year. Anyway that's about all I'll say for now. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
By noemon
Hello Justin,

Nice to meet you, what's your favourite music, huge music fan here and resident of the Juke Box thread.
By Justin_S
noemon wrote:Hello Justin,

Nice to meet you, what's your favourite music, huge music fan here and resident of the Juke Box thread.

Good question! I listen to a lot of off-kilter stuff, and I'd say right now my main interests are post-hardcore, regional & contemporary folk, and death/black metal, with lots of sprinklings of other stuff. Recently listened to Bon Iver's debut and spun it five times in a row, it was great. What kinda music do you like?
By noemon
I listen to a lot of Greek folk music and a particular type that we call entechno(εντεχνο) which is contemporary folk music with rock influences. It is sort the Rolls Royce of Greek music. British lounge, techno, electronic music such as Depeche Mode, Massive Attack and the whole bunch of ecosystem are my favourites along with rock.

Example of entechno

By Justin_S
Listening now, this is a jam! Genres that combine a bunch of different styles are ones I tend to go for.

I like lots of regional folk but the region itself varies depending on what I'm made aware of, and what I can get my hands on. Recently found some Slavic folk that's really, really cool; I'll link it here in case you'd like to check it out.

Love Depeche Mode, heard some Massive Attack but need to check out more, I think I've only heard Blue Lines.

By Godstud
Welcome to Pofo!! I hope your stay here can be fun and enlightening. :D

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]