Ruth Bader Ginsberg falls and breaks 3 ribs--pick number 3 coming soon??? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14961423
XogGyux wrote:Trump had control of the executive and legislative branches of the government for 2, freakingly long years. In theory, he could have amended the crap out of the constitution to make ilegal for non-christian male/female to marry, unconstitutional for black people to breathe oxygen, unconstitutional to not own a single machine gun and unconstitutional to for immigrants to come to the US.


The executive branch cannot amend the constitution, and the Republicans did not have a large enough majority in both houses (2/3) of Congress to write amendments either (let alone the additional ratification by the states)

Perhaps you shouldn't run your mouth about what I know or do not know when you have such an abysmal understanding of how U.S. civics actually works.

XogGyux wrote:Your guy had the opportunity to make an impact for you, his supporter. He had all the power with both sides of the house on his side, and all he manage to do was a shitty tax plan that probably means less than $500 in your pocket, make a lot of noise about tariff which might come back later to eat away the tiny $$ you got from taxes and make both sides hate each other more and more. He has essentially put us on a path for self-destruction and the only winners are our enemies.
I for one, want him to finish his term and be voted out. I don't want him impeached, I think thats the best that can happen to those fired out trumpsters. They will get angry, probably consolidate their power behind a far more cunning and competent person such as Pence (don't get me wrong, this guy gives me the creep, but he is objectively, more competent than Trump at actually getting shit done rather than just making a fuss about everything). The thought of Trump getting impeached on his 3rd or 4th year and Pence picking up his energized supporters and go for a double term for a total of 10 years (yes, that is allowed under our laws) is terryfying.
So at this point, please keep the orange moron in place. Let us have a laugh at how he makes a joke out of himself, how he fails at closing a fking umbrella, lets have his ass investigated and convict him and his corrupt family once he is out of office, voted out by us in 2 years.
Make no mistake, trump already lost the majority of popular vote when he had his absolute best turnout. His 2nd term election won't even be close if democrats find a half acceptable candidate. Democrats (and republicans with a grain of self-decency) will not make the same mistake of vote for a 3rd rail candidate. Florida will have a huge, 1.5million new voters that frankly, I suspect will be mostly democrats and the new democratic governors are likely gonna use the republican tactics of gerrymandering to their advantage now.
Go ahead, go make fun of how much winning you are doing. I bet you it will come and bite you in the ass.


I'm an ANCAP, so he ain't my guy; however, in spite of this fact, your hysterics are amusing.

I enjoy Trump purely in virtue of posts like this.

The Left will gain control again, this is a fact of American politics and I could care less so long as they don't invade my home.

This is all pure entertainment for me and an inefficient government is the best kind of government with the exception of no government.

The thing about a conservative judiciary is that I know they will prevent the activist left from eliminating certain rights I have that they want to eliminate, especially firearms.

Like I said, I don't want new laws, I don't care that much about a wall. I just want to be left alone and if Trump secures justices that will help me in that goal, it doesn't matter to me if he is impeached or shot, he will have served his purpose.
#14961447
Victoribus Spolia wrote:The executive branch cannot amend the constitution, and the Republicans did not have a large enough majority in both houses (2/3) of Congress to write amendments either (let alone the additional ratification by the states)

Read again. I Said he had both executive and legislative. He could have made an impactful change if that is what he wanted to do. I would have forgiven you for ignorance, but then again, it was not ignorance, you were blatantly trying to misrepresent my point by strawmaning me.
#14961487
XogGyux wrote:I Said he had both executive and legislative.


HE is one person, He had the executive branch only, his party (which didn't like him much) had a majority in the legislature, but not enough to change the constitution, which is why what you said was retarded.

XogGyux wrote:you were blatantly trying to misrepresent my point by strawmaning me.


:lol:
#14961850
XogGyux wrote:I don't think you quite understood my point. The point I was trying to make is that the "stereotypical" republican, always blame their bigoted views on their religion. "Don't blame me for hating gays, it is god, and not me who said gays are shit", "Don't blame me for trying to impose my rules regarding reproduction on every woman, even those that don't believe in my wacky imaginary friend", etc. You cannot have it both way. You cannot claim the righteous moral high ground at the same time you (and by you, I don't mean you explicitly but I'm talking to a generic Republican :lol: ) are wishing someone harm just because it is good for you politically.


I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. The court is the weakest branch of government as its influence is as broad as someone can stretch the meaning of a written law. If it cost Trumpsters all 3 branches of government to put judges that will interpret Roe v Wade in a certain, more restrictive way.... You will get nowhere because in such circumstances all it takes is to actually make it part of the constitution that unborn/unviable fetuses cannot override the rights of the mother and the conservative judge cannot change that which is clearly written. The fact of the matter is, the country is getting younger and every elections republican keep losing the popular vote for a wider marging. Gerrymandering can only get you so far, at some point, maybe in 2020, maybe in 2024 the tide will turn. And instead of a "court ruling" you will simply have it as part of the constitution and 50 years from now, high school civics will be teaching about that time, 50 years ago when bigoted republicans wanted to control women's rights.



No. You can credit the failure to repeal Obamacare to the fact that it is unpopular to repeal it. This is why the same people that voted against it back when it was passed, and the same people that tried to repeal it dozens of time now keep signing the song "we don't want to take away coverage for pre-exisiting conditions, blame that on democrats" despite this being a blattant lie. The FACT is whether there is obamacare or not, WE still pay for those that are uninsured. Either through taxes (government) or through insurance premiums. As long as it is illegal for an ER to deny care to an uninsured homeless guy, somoeone will end up paying for his care, and usually that is the government, sometimes is people with insurance (e.g. when hospital don't get pay for a $10000 apendectomy for the uninsured guy, the hospital charges $20000 to the insurance of the insured guy, and thus the insured guy's premium is crazy expensive. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A GROSS oversimplification, the point is, obamacare or no obamacare, the bill is due and someone will pay for it PERIOD.) Obamacare had probitions that "encouraged" people that otherwise would not buy insurance (thus, being a parasite to the rest of society) to actually get insurance and contribute. While at the same time, helping those that either couldnt afford skyrocket premiums due to existing conditions get some sort of shitty insurance.
I am not a huge fan of Obamacare but the alternative we had previously was even worse. That is why those "RINOs" (WTH does that even mean?) failed to repeal it, because it is unpopular to do so now, because before Obamacare it was worse. A bunch of republicans enjoy obamacare, are happy with it, DON'T even know they have Obamacare to begin with because they are called other names on different states and the very morons are crying to repeal it :lol: .



Like I said before. Trump kind of had the perfect storm and still lost by 3M votes. He was on a crazy election with energized base against a very unpopular Democratic candidate. Even then, then, his victory is due to a couple thousand votes on very key states that frankly, it is unlikely that will stay the same next election year. Especially given how chaotic his leadership has been, he has accomplished absolutely nothing that has materialized for his base other than the satisfaction of seeing Democrats cringe in agony (granted, im sure the very extreme right does enjoy that, but really this does not translate in quality of life or even favorable policies). If he is unseated in 2 years, his whole presidency will come down a 4-year reality tv. I don't know if you have noticed but he managed to destroy the political careers of what were the most prominent Republicans, expected to lead the party just 2 years ago. And he still has 2 more years to destroy the few notable ones that are left.


And that, is why DT will bring down the Republican party as we know it. He ridicules his opponents, even when they are right and part of his team. But because he has all the fan-base-morons on his side he can get away with it while the opposition burns. He probably irreparably destroyed the careers of chris christie, marco rubio, sessions and many others and there are more to come.


I don't think this post has an original thought. It literally has all the red meat a never Trumper needs. Republicans are bigots and how all Trumps supporters are morons. ( yeah you were careful to put words like "most" and "the majority" as an escape hatch in case you got called on it) Trump hasn't accomplished anything LOL. They (republicans and Trump supporter) hate women and want to control their choices ie. Roe v Wade. Obamacre made things better LOL I'm still waiting for my $2000 in savings, of course that won't even come close to covering how much more I have had to spend because of a bill that was passed before it was even read. Trump destroyed Christies career? That is funny as hell. According to what people say about him one would have to think it was his diet. No PC with Christie. If you cannot recover from being called little Marco then you have no business being president of the USA. Jeb just had to go he was a dud is that not true? How did Trump ruin Sessions or were you joking? Sessions screwed himself, he wasted the countries time.

So many are still crying and butt hurt over an election loss. You can account for the popular vote just in the state of California find a paper bag and take some deep breaths. It's not a fluke DT won. Democrats simply cannot govern or legislate because they have been rejected at the ballot box, so they want to change the rules or cheat. Look at what is happening in Florida. I wonder how many elections the Democrats have rigged in the past?

John McCain made a vote he did not believe in out of a personal beef and out of spite. He did this in a last minute cowardly fashion as well so everyone would know it was him. Sorry but your spin fails, it is what it was.
#14961894
Trumps has outsourced the federal bench to the Federalist Society. They have a specific agenda, which has nothing to do with culture wars or even any ordinary version of conservatism. They want to remove corporations completely out of the reach of federal regulation, while at the same time easing the path for them to own Congress (and now, of course, the courts).

This flies directly in the face of Trump's populist supporters who hope to burn the system down to the ground. He is instead reinforcing the Deep State. Trump populists, like the SA in the Night of the Long Knives, will take it in the neck.
#14961898
Finfinder wrote:I don't think this post has an original thought. It literally has all the red meat a never Trumper needs. Republicans are bigots and how all Trumps supporters are morons. ( yeah you were careful to put words like "most" and "the majority" as an escape hatch in case you got called on it) Trump hasn't accomplished anything LOL. They (republicans and Trump supporter) hate women and want to control their choices ie. Roe v Wade. Obamacre made things better LOL I'm still waiting for my $2000 in savings, of course that won't even come close to covering how much more I have had to spend because of a bill that was passed before it was even read. Trump destroyed Christies career? That is funny as hell. According to what people say about him one would have to think it was his diet. No PC with Christie. If you cannot recover from being called little Marco then you have no business being president of the USA. Jeb just had to go he was a dud is that not true? How did Trump ruin Sessions or were you joking? Sessions screwed himself, he wasted the countries time.

So many are still crying and butt hurt over an election loss. You can account for the popular vote just in the state of California find a paper bag and take some deep breaths. It's not a fluke DT won. Democrats simply cannot govern or legislate because they have been rejected at the ballot box, so they want to change the rules or cheat. Look at what is happening in Florida. I wonder how many elections the Democrats have rigged in the past?

John McCain made a vote he did not believe in out of a personal beef and out of spite. He did this in a last minute cowardly fashion as well so everyone would know it was him. Sorry but your spin fails, it is what it was.

Were you having a seizure when you wrote that post?
In a more serious matter, I won't engage with this sort of debate as it is blatantly obvious you have no interest in debating serious point and just calling names and inflating stupid conspiracy theories.
#14961962
Rugoz wrote:Who thought it was a good idea to have 85 year olds on the supreme court? :eh: There should be term limits.


yeah it's probably not a good idea to have decrepit ancients making law. They should all have to retire at 65.
#14961967
Meh, depends on the person. Some things take a very long time to understand. We all know we didn’t understand things before that we do now. That doesn’t stop for most, but we need to be aware of mental infirmity too.
#14961970
Ter wrote:
But I really wish her well.



Why? I don't spend much time wishing but I would overjoyed if my political opponents all dropped dead. They're idiots, fuck em.
#14961978
Sivad wrote:Why?

Because I have mellowed with age, I don't wish anyone to die.
Because I lost a very good friend in the Holey Bakery terrorist attack in Dhaka on 1 July 2016 and it changes one's perspective on life and death. Most of the other Italians who died there were also people I knew.
Because a Chinese-American female 80-year old psychiatrist I met in my hotel in Kathmandu explained to me that people keep evolving even in adult life and it is quite normal to see one's emotions grow stronger.
Since you asked.
#14961981
Ter wrote:Because I have mellowed with age, I don't wish anyone to die.
Because I lost a very good friend in the Holey Bakery terrorist attack in Dhaka on 1 July 2016 and it changes one's perspective on life and death. Most of the other Italians who died there were also people I knew.
Because a Chinese-American female 80-year old psychiatrist I met in my hotel in Kathmandu explained to me that people keep evolving even in adult life and it is quite normal to see one's emotions grow stronger.
Since you asked.


I don't know, I get happy when I hear some stupid asshole is dead and gone and no longer afflicting the world with their stupid assholery. It's not really celebrating someone's demise so much as celebrating the fact that the world just became a slightly better place. But if all the stupid assholes in the world died I doubt there would be even ten thousand people left, so maybe not all stupid assholes are more trouble than they're worth.
#14962168
One Degree wrote:A ‘stupid asshole’ usually thinks you are a ‘stupid asshole’ too. Not very objective grounds for wanting someone dead.

Here is an example of you coming off as a decent person.

I'm much younger than you, by the way. I'm probably about 2/5 of your age, or so.

But I've been around enough.

In that other thread, it wasn't about causality in statistics. It was about another guy pointing out a correction to fraudulent use of statistics.
#14962181
Crantag wrote:Here is an example of you coming off as a decent person.

I'm much younger than you, by the way. I'm probably about 2/7 of your age, at most.

But I've been around enough.

In that other thread, it wasn't about causality in statistics. It was about another guy pointing out a correction to fraudulent use of statistics.

Thanks.
Obviously, I was replying to something different than you then. Quite possibly due to me not giving enough attention to the arguments before responding. I am probably not the only one that skims through seeing if there is anything they are interested in responding to. Selective reading. A flaw, but perhaps understandable.
After all, I am a lot more interested in what I have to say than what you have to say. :)
Not intended as an insult, but you will continue to see things differently as you age. Crime drops with age for a reason. We become more reasonable usually:)
#14962301
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019

Speaking privately, a law clerk says the Justice's Cancer has come out of remission

Image

While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein. This explains in part the "take no prisoners" attitude of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh nomination, carefully orchestrating weak 37 year old allegations against Kavanaugh by Women he barely remembers knowing in High School and College.

Kavanaugh is a player in this drama. He's in the wrong place at the wrong time . President Donald J Trump will be replacing Notorious RBG, the lovechild of the left, and so will remake the Supreme Court for a generation. The Democrats simply must win back the Senate in November 2018, progressives feel.

Ginsburg, 85 was appointed by President Bill Clinton and took the oath of office on August 10, 1993. She is the second female justice (after Sandra Day O'Connor) of four to be confirmed to the court (along with Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, who are still serving). Following O'Connor's retirement, and until Sotomayor joined the court, Ginsburg was the only female justice on the Supreme Court. During that time, Ginsburg became more forceful with her dissents, which were noted by legal observers and in popular culture. She is generally viewed as belonging to the liberal wing of the court. Ginsburg has authored notable majority opinions, including United States v. Virginia, Olmstead v. L.C., and Friends of the Earth, Inc. v. Laidlaw Environmental Services, Inc.

Ginsburg was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Russian Jewish immigrants. Her older sister died when she was a baby, and her mother, one of her biggest sources of encouragement, died shortly before Ginsburg graduated from high school. She then earned her bachelor's degree at Cornell University, and was a wife and mother before starting law school at Harvard, where she was one of the few women in her class. Ginsburg transferred to Columbia Law School, where she graduated tied for first in her class.

Following law school, Ginsburg turned to academia. She was a professor at Rutgers School of Law and Columbia Law School, teaching civil procedure as one of the few women in her field. Ginsburg spent a considerable part of her legal career as an advocate for the advancement of gender equality and women's rights, winning multiple victories arguing before the Supreme Court. She advocated as a volunteer lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union and was a member of its board of directors and one of its general counsels in the 1970s. In 1980, President Jimmy Carter appointed her to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, where she served until her appointment to the Supreme Court.

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/1 ... /3658.html

This needs to be confirmed.
It will in any case make some people worried.
#14962319
One Degree wrote:A ‘stupid asshole’ usually thinks you are a ‘stupid asshole’ too.


Are you really doubting that there are stupid assholes in the world? All you have to do to confirm that is look around at the state of the world. You don't get this kind of an ignorant shithole unless most of the people in it are one kind of stupid asshole or another.

Not very objective grounds for wanting someone dead.


I would prefer that they just stopped being stupid assholes but I don't shed any tears when one of them ceases to exist.
#14962322
Sivad wrote:Are you really doubting that there are stupid assholes in the world? All you have to do to confirm that is look around at the state of the world. You don't get this kind of an ignorant shithole unless most of the people in it are one kind of stupid asshole or another.



I would prefer that they just stopped being stupid assholes but I don't shed any tears when one of them ceases to exist.

I will grant you that we aren’t the logical, brilliant, species we pretend to be. However, education seems to just increase the delusion for most, so it is very difficult to determine who the stupid ones are. This is partly my reason for my ideology. Let us each live with our own delusions and quit trying to convince people we are the smart ones. I am just as irritated as everyone else by people’s stupidity, but I don’t see that we are bright enough as a species to change it.
Trump and Russiagate

Avenatti will probably represent himself. I can’t[…]

1st part, you are wrong. The US makes voluntary c[…]

As you say, it costs us a ton of money, because w[…]

My favorite type of MRA is the one who just waits […]