Vast protest in Hong Kong against extradition law - Page 55 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

benpenguin wrote:FYI - I voted yellow too. First vote in my life.

Congrats, now go vote in every election. I am not sure how archaic your voting system is but it literally takes me 2 minutes to cast my vote in Estonia which I can do online.(In any election or referendum basically) Implement that. Older generation can just go vote the old fashioned way.

Makes things so much simpler.
JohnRawls wrote:
Congrats, now go vote in every election. I am not sure how archaic your voting system is but it literally takes me 2 minutes to cast my vote in Estonia which I can do online.(In any election or referendum basically) Implement that. Older generation can just go vote the old fashioned way.

Makes things so much simpler.
With the ability of Chinese hackers I believe such a system in Hong Kong is very fraud-attracting.
Patrickov wrote:With the ability of Chinese hackers I believe such a system in Hong Kong is very fraud-attracting.

That is what we were told about the Russians but never happened. Participation rates are going up and up especially with E-voting. Our participation rate is around 63-64% without any turmoil in the country.
JohnRawls wrote:
That is what we were told about the Russians but never happened. Participation rates are going up and up especially with E-voting. Our participation rate is around 63-64% without any turmoil in the country.
I guess with Russia still holding Kaliningrad, Estonia is not so important to Russia for serious manipulation. Somehow, the same thing cannot be said for Hong Kong. In fact (I think My Honourable Friend or somebody else has already shared it here?) recently a defected Chinese Spy has disclosed that Chinese manipulation has been at least as far as Australia.
Patrickov wrote:I guess with Russia still holding Kaliningrad, Estonia is not so important to Russia for serious manipulation. Somehow, the same thing cannot be said for Hong Kong. In fact (I think My Honourable Friend or somebody else has already shared it here?) recently a defected Chinese Spy has disclosed that Chinese manipulation has been at least as far as Australia.

No, it is there. It is just not that simple to abuse a properly designed system because you need id cards that have unique 2 way encryptions to cast a vote and those encryptions are certified by the government so any forged encryptions will not work. If somebody votes in your name then you will detect it straight away. Its not possible to change the vote after it has been cast so editing those votes after the fact is almost impossible and again will leave a trace in the system. Not to mention that you can check after it is over.

So things like vote dumping will not work. You have total vote count and allowed voters for their encryptions. Also running an audit after the vote is simpler since you can have everything in Excel format or any other format that you want to compare it to preelection data to locate cheating for proper authorities.

Unless you literally have full physical access to the servers in prod and the backups then cheating is almost impossible. We run our servers in Estonia and backup is in Luxembourg. So good luck to any attempts to cheat the online vote.

Normal voting is 100 times more easier to abuse. The only real "threat" is a DDos attack but that can be negated by allowing online vote for a week or two before the normal vote. How we do it is that we have 2 week period of online vote and the last 1-3 days are physical voting.
Ter wrote:Maybe China could build concentration camps to "re-educate" the people from Hong Kong, like they are doing with the Muslims in Xiniang.
Would our resident pro-China groupies still support China then ?

Pretty sure they would support it. Racists have a habit of supporting all sorts of horrible things.
Ter wrote:Maybe China could build concentration camps to "re-educate" the people from Hong Kong, like they are doing with the Muslims in Xiniang.
Would our resident pro-China groupies still support China then ?
It is not that they didn't want to, but information flow (in all directions) is too abundant in Hong Kong that it is very hard to hide the process from international media before completion.
Rancid wrote:Pretty sure they would support it. Racists have a habit of supporting all sorts of horrible things.

Just this response to Ter who's an admitted racist Zionist who supports the concentration camp called Gaza and I am lol'ing.

Anyway, the "concentration camps for Muslims in China" liesure carries on despite never being proven.

More:

Lol at the noobs who believe western MSM cares about Muslims all of a sudden. :lol:
Breaking: Trump has signed the Hong Kong Human Rights Bill unanimously passed by the Congress and Senate last week.

Report of Bloomberg

From the wordings, though, I suspect Bloomberg himself does not approve of the act.
skinster wrote:
Just this response to Ter who's an admitted racist Zionist who supports the concentration camp called Gaza and I am lol'ing.

Anyway, the "concentration camps for Muslims in China" liesure carries on despite never being proven.

More:

Lol at the noobs who believe western MSM cares about Muslims all of a sudden.

IMHO whoever censoring information that is against them is automatically guilty. China is indeed an expert of this. For example, I do not really believe some of the death tolls claimed about Tiananmen Massacre of 1989, but the CCP's savageness in censorship means that they must be guilty in some way.

The U.S. persecute Assange but they did not suppress the leaked information as actively as China did to news against them.

The best way to defeat fake news is to ignore it, and it is the people who is responsible, not the government.
Patrickov wrote:Breaking: Trump has signed the Hong Kong Human Rights Bill unanimously passed by the Congress and Senate last week.

Report of Bloomberg

From the wordings, though, I suspect Bloomberg himself does not approve of the act.

Some say that President Trump is putting a trade agreement with China in jeopardy by signing this bill. But that didn't seem to bother the stock market, because there was another record high for the Dow, S&P 500, and the Nasdaq. What do you think?
Patrickov wrote:The U.S. persecute Assange but they did not suppress the leaked information as actively as China did to news against them.

The Wikileaks cables on China are as available as those on the U.S. Same goes for Russia.

And the U.S. does much more than persecute/torture whistleblowers. It's the current Empire running around the world destroying or supporting the destruction of one country after another.

E.G.
skinster wrote:The Wikileaks cables on China are as available as those on the U.S. Same goes for Russia.

For this example alone, I thank this Member for making a statement effectively agreeing mine (I understand it is not this Member's intention), because WikiLeaks essentially hurts the United States more than Russia and China, and if the United States is indeed rampant in censorship this statement will be as false as my observation.

I will read the link when I use a proper browser instead of the app to access the forum. The app does not display raw links properly.
Hindsite wrote:Some say that President Trump is putting a trade agreement with China in jeopardy by signing this bill. But that didn't seem to bother the stock market, because there was another record high for the Dow, S&P 500, and the Nasdaq. What do you think?
My contemporaries think Trump is forced into signing this if this is not his intention. The Congress unanimously approving it means the force in favour of the Bill is undoubtedly larger than Trump's personal will, whatever it is.

Indeed, Trump made a delay of three days. I somehow think he actually wanted to find an alternative, possibly out of the concerns mentioned in the quoted message above, but wasn't able to, so he duly signed it.
Patrickov wrote:My contemporaries think Trump is forced into signing this if this is not his intention. The Congress unanimously approving it means the force in favour of the Bill is undoubtedly larger than Trump's personal will, whatever it is.

Indeed, Trump made a delay of three days. I somehow think he actually wanted to find an alternative, possibly out of the concerns mentioned in the quoted message above, but wasn't able to, so he duly signed it.

Do you or your contemporaries think signing the bill will also prevent the first stage signing of a U.S. and China trade deal in December?

A Chinese spokesman said the the so-called concentration camps for the Muslims are not "camps", but education centers.
HalleluYah
Last edited by Hindsite on 28 Nov 2019 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickov wrote:For this example alone, I thank this Member for making a statement effectively agreeing mine (I understand it is not this Member's intention), because WikiLeaks essentially hurts the United States more than Russia and China, and if the United States is indeed rampant in censorship this statement will be as false as my observation.

How does Wikileaks hurt the U.S. more than Russia and China? :?:
skinster wrote:How does Wikileaks hurt the U.S. more than Russia and China? :?:

I think he is referring to Wikileaks disclosing the corruption of the DNC that angered the Democrats and might have helped Donald Trump win the Presidency which also led to the Democrats inventing the fake Russian collusion story in an attempt to discredit the election results. Russia and China are enjoying all the disruption in the U.S. government because of it.

No, I really don't. RACE was in invention of the[…]

This is patently false. They had a notion of &qu[…]

Oh yes, a fake genocide claim to justify the Octob[…]

...Vaccines are bad. ... Vaccines are life-savin[…]