Saudi Arabia-Jamal Khashoggi - Western Hypocrisy - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

pugsville wrote:Err > No it was not their country.

The Saudis know it's wrong. No one is saying Murder is acceptable. It's npt a matter of applying different standards. Murder is against the law in Saudi too. It;s not that Saudis are not believing as we do. They are breaking their own laws and morals.

Non Interfernce. Government murdering people in other countries. It's basic Rule of Law stuff.

I won’t argue these issues because they skirt around the issue. It is up to the Saudis to determine the punishment, not other countries. No harm was done to any other country or it’s citizens. You can argue we have a right not to trade with people we fine offensive and I agree. But, there is a difference between righteous opposition and forced conformity. What we see today is forced conformity simply instigated by accusations. This has contaminated our governments and our citizens. It is a matter of motivation. If we only wanted the guilty held responsible, then there is no need for such rapid outrage and threats. Tolerant people are not so quick to judge and punish. It takes years to punish a murderer in the US. We wanted them punished before we had any facts. That is not a call for justice. That is a call for conformity.
:roll: Determine the punishment when they are the perpetrators? :lol:

A man was killed and dismembered, and you say no harm was done to any citizens. They also got it on fucking video so it's not a false accusation!

You're a real piece of work, @One Degree .
Godstud wrote::roll: Determine the punishment when they are the perpetrators? :lol:

A man was killed and dismembered, and you say no harm was done to any citizens. They also got it on fucking video so it's not a false accusation!

You're a real piece of work, @One Degree .

Thank you. I try very hard to be an original ‘piece of work’ as is possible.
One Degree wrote:No harm was done to any other country or it’s citizens.

That's NOT true, the act of barbarous terrorism-murder was enacted on Turkish soil, the 'Consulate' territory is not inviolate from legal prosecution, because it is NOT legal to carry out illegal acts on that territory.

Secondly, 'harm' was done to a 'citizen' of another country(America), even if that citizen is a national of another country(Saudi Arabia).

There is no comprehensive 'diplomatic immunity' to embassies on another country's soil(remember the Libyan Embassy attack by the S.A.S)in London, after they(the Libyans) shot a policewoman?

There is a difference between 'immunity' & 'impunity'. :flamer: :moron: :violin: :peace:
Last edited by Nonsense on 24 Oct 2018 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense wrote:That's NOT true, the act of barbarous terrorism-murder was enacted on Turkish soil, the 'Consulate' territory is not inviolate from legal prosecution, because it is NOT legal to carry out illegal acts on that territory.

Secondly, 'harm' was done to a 'citizen' of another country(America), even if that citizen is a national of another country(Saudi Arabia).

There is no comprehensive 'diplomatic immunity' to embassies on another country's soil(remember the Libyan Embassy attack by the S.A.S)in London, after they shot a policewoman?

There is a difference between 'immunity' & 'impunity'. :flamer: :moron: :violin: :peace:

You seem to be really stretching to justify your moral superiority outrage. You even granted him US ‘citizenship’. How nice of you.
One Degree wrote:You seem to be really stretching to justify your moral superiority outrage. You even granted him US ‘citizenship’. How nice of you.

It was a 'typo', but, in fact Khashoggi was a 'resident' with a current application for American citizenship & three of his children already have American citizenship.

I NEVER argue on the basis of 'moral' positioning, I never inject 'moral' criteria into the equation when adopting a position or attitude to any issue.

It's about rationality, such as, "Do unto others, as you would, they unto you", there's NOTHING religious about that, it's pure common sense expressed as altruism in essence. :knife: :coffee:
Nonsense wrote:It was a 'typo', but, in fact Khashoggi was a 'resident' with a current application for American citizenship & three of his children already have American citizenship.

I NEVER argue on the basis of 'moral' positioning, I never inject 'moral' criteria into the equation when adopting a position or attitude to any issue.

It's about rationality, such as, "Do unto others, as you would, they unto you", there's NOTHING religious about that, it's pure common sense expressed as altruism in essence. :knife: :coffee:

When you apply your ‘rationality’ to other cultures it becomes moral superiority. We are not capable of doing anything else.
Ah, a human right that I will accept. A government should not be allowed to prevent citizens from leaving. I have no problem with them stripping his citizenship, taking all his assets, and refusing him reentry if they choose.

Edit: There might be a need to be more specific. This is not currently one of the U.N. Rights.
#13 only gives you thr right to free movement in your own country. Isn’t that interesting?
Last edited by One Degree on 24 Oct 2018 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
One Degree wrote:When you apply your ‘rationality’ to other cultures it becomes moral superiority. We are not capable of doing anything else.

NO, it's NOT 'moral' superiority, it's 'rationality' or reasoning, which ought to be a universally accepted way to behave with each other, be it individuals or nations, as neighbours, unless you think that there is an alternative default in the way that humans should behave towards each other.

Let me know if you do have an alternative 'superior' way that should be the default, because enlightenment is a great source of learning. :evil: :muha2:
'Superiority' is nothing to do with it.
One Degree wrote:Ah, a human right that I will accept. A government should not be allowed to prevent citizens from leaving. I have no problem with them stripping his citizenship, taking all his assets, and refusing him reentry if they choose.

Edit: There might be a need to be more specific. This is not currently one of the U.N. Rights.
#13 only gives you thr right to free movement in your own country. Isn’t that interesting?

NONSENSE -

One Degree - " taking all his assets", well, they 'stripped' him of his dignity alright, by taking his life, so I suppose he was left with no assets, which must prove that, "There is more than one way of killing a cat", so to speak. :roll:
Nonsense wrote:NO, it's NOT 'moral' superiority, it's 'rationality' or reasoning, which ought to be a universally accepted way to behave with each other, be it individuals or nations, as neighbours, unless you think that there is an alternative default in the way that humans should behave towards each other.

Let me know if you do have an alternative 'superior' way that should be the default, because enlightenment is a great source of learning. :evil: :muha2:
'Superiority' is nothing to do with it.

Lol. Whose reasoning? Yes, there are many alternatives to how people should behave toward one another. I think of ‘enlightenment’ as realizing you only have an opinion that is no more valuable than anyone eles’s. Moral superiority is the belief there are no alternatives, which is what you suggest.
Who gave you this insight to the one truth? Jesus? Marx? Locke? Mohammed? Buddha?
Nonsense wrote:NONSENSE -

One Degree - " taking all his assets", well, they 'stripped' him of his dignity alright, by taking his life, so I suppose he was left with no assets, which must prove that, "There is more than one way of killing a cat", so to speak. :roll:

What? I think you are confusing two different people.

Edit: @Nonsense , I was commenting on the post about his son.
One Degree wrote:Lol. Whose reasoning? Yes, there are many alternatives to how people should behave toward one another. I think of ‘enlightenment’ as realizing you only have an opinion that is no more valuable than anyone eles’s. Moral superiority is the belief there are no alternatives, which is what you suggest.
Who gave you this insight to the one truth? Jesus? Marx? Locke? Mohammed? Buddha?

NONSENSE -
I think of 'enlightenment' as 'learning', compared to remaining ignorant of something which can exist as an 'alternative'.

In your case, you introduced the issue of 'moral' & 'superiority'.

Do you suffer from chronic selective amnesia? 8)

One Degree - "Who gave you this insight to the one truth? Jesus? Marx? Locke? Mohammed? Buddha"?[/quote]

It comes about through none of the above, it's about 'logic' & 'rationality'. :moron: :lol:
Nonsense wrote:NONSENSE -
I think of 'enlightenment' as 'learning', compared to remaining ignorant of something which can exist as an 'alternative'.

In your case, you introduced the issue of 'moral' & 'superiority'.

Do you suffer from chronic selective amnesia? 8)

One Degree - "Who gave you this insight to the one truth? Jesus? Marx? Locke? Mohammed? Buddha"?

It comes about through none of the above, it's about 'logic' & 'rationality'. :moron: :lol:[/quote]

So you believe humans are biological computers that will all come to the same conclusions and you know what those conclusions are from ‘learning’. Anyone who does not come to these conclusions simply needs his programming debugged. We are programmed by mathematical logic and therefore can only be understood on that basis.
Is that your position?
@One Degree
piece of work
A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.
:D

This crime has nothing to do with their culture, as murder is illegal in countries, even where they worship Buddha, Allah, etc. Even in Saudi Arabia is not moral to kill someone and chop them up. It is illegal.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree
piece of work
A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.
:D

Wow! Thank you very much for such a tremendous compliment, but I don’t deserve to be ranked with the greatest minds that ever lived.
Unfortunately Jammal Khashoggi's was, no doubt, a dead man walking.
Between 2015 and 2017, three Saudi princes living in Europe disappeared. All were critical of the Saudi government - and there is evidence that all were abducted and flown back to Saudi Arabia… where nothing further has been heard from them........

Update, October 2018: Two months after this story was published the former head of Saudi intelligence, Prince Turki al-Fasial, confirmed that all three missing princes were back in Saudi Arabia. Prince Khaled bin Farhan, meanwhile, says he has heard from sources inside the country that Prince Turki bin Bandar and Saud bin Saif al-Nasr have both been executed.

For the full story...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40926963
One Degree wrote:It comes about through none of the above, it's about 'logic' & 'rationality'. :moron: :lol:

So you believe humans are biological computers that will all come to the same conclusions and you know what those conclusions are from ‘learning’. Anyone who does not come to these conclusions simply needs his programming debugged. We are programmed by mathematical logic and therefore can only be understood on that basis.
Is that your position?[/quote]

NONSENSE -
Your 'thesis' on what makes humans tick' is what needs 'debugging', or should we say, 'debunking'? 8) :lol: :lol:

We are all different in our personal or world views, some things are common to all of us, how we react when confronted by such events, brings out the worst or best in people, depending on their views & experience.

In your case, trolling seems to be the default response & I do not intend to indulge you in that form of posting.

When you post coherent messages, people will engage with your views or opinions, otherwise you are whistling in the wind. :knife:

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]