'Obama declares Jewish American Heritage Month' - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Zyx
Sephardi, read the document that I cited and defend that. This "populist" rhetoric seems to be ignorant of the real military-industrial-complex.
By Brio
Sephardi wrote:We fought the imperialist English and Arabs in groups like the Irgun, in which counter-terrorism worked great, and we got the British to pull out.

Remove the counter from counter-terrorism and your statement would read true. Or do you forget the bombing of the King David Hotel by the Irgun?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Yes, I don't see why terrorism is so vilified these days. It is a very effective military tactic.
By litwin
No Jew will forget the invasion of Israel by the Caliphate and Byzantine Empire.

sorry...?
By Sephardi
sorry...?

Need a history lesson? You don't know when the Caliphate invaded Israel?
By SpecialOlympian
I guess this is a nice gesture on Obama's part. This will have as much impact on my life as Talk Like a Pirate Day or Administrative Professional's Day but it's still nice. It's nice to say nice things.
By QatzelOk
War Angel wrote:Antisemitism can very well mean hatred of Jewish ideologies, culture etc.

If the word can mean so many different things, then I'm not sure you should accuse someone of being all of them.

Be more specific, since the word "anti-semite" has become basically meaningless by being whored out to so many empty arguments and transparent power grabs.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
QatzelOk wrote:I don't like to be called "anti-semite". I prefer the term Jew-hater.
By QatzelOk
I prefer the term "poo poo pants," Cheesecake.

That's the level of discourse your above-post demonstrates.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Is that Mr. Pants? or Mr. Poo Pants?

:?:

Anyway, I think you're being overly silly. The contemporary usage of "anti-semite" is the hatred of Jews, I don't think anyone really needs to go into detail as to what it means.
By QatzelOk
The contemporary usage of "anti-semite" is the hatred of Jews

It works like this: "Why do you hate me?"

The person who is asked this immediately feels like he has harmed the semite he is talking to. He feels a type of guilt that renders him vulnerable to manipulation. Work can be presented as a way to "make amends" for his sins, and then he can be exploited via his implanted guilt and the constructed victim discourse of the hegemon.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Or you know, you could just say "that's irrelevant and a logical fallacy" and then move on with it.
By babilonian
Also, the Holocaust did not happen, Jews drink the blood of Christian children and Einstein wasn't even Jewish - he was an alien from outer space.

Einstein is Persian.
By babilonian
Anti-semitism should not be used anymore...it should be replaced by anti-Judaism.

Jews should stop using this term when it comes to Arabs. They are related to each other by blood. So for Arabs to hate Jews or Jews to hate arabs, its got nothing to do with anti-semitism.
By War Angel
Anti-semitism should not be used anymore...it should be replaced by anti-Judaism.

But it's not against the Jewish religion...

Jews should stop using this term when it comes to Arabs. They are related to each other by blood. So for Arabs to hate Jews or Jews to hate arabs, its got nothing to do with anti-semitism.

I agree. They also have most rights to hate Jews.

Einstein is Persian.

:eh:
By Zyx
War Angel wrote:No, actually. Antisemitism can very well mean hatred of Jewish ideologies, culture etc. It's not just Nazi-esque hatred of Jews for their ethnicity.

War Angel wrote:But it's not against the Jewish religion...

Way to be consistent, War Angel. :roll:

I guess I'm not an antisemite.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Way to be consistent, War Angel.

Actually, War Angel is right. The use of anti-semite can refer to hatred of the religion of judaism, as well as the ethnicity of jews, as well as the culture of jews, pretty much anything jew related.

Anti-judaism would only refer to the religion.
By Zyx
So, if a Jew takes on Western practices and is condemned for those Western practices, the condemnation is a form of antisemitism?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
So, if a Jew takes on Western practices and is condemned for those Western practices, the condemnation is a form of antisemitism?

Only if he's being hated because he's a Jew.

and anyway, who cares?

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]