Nuclear arms race redoubled - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

For those of you out there that have forgotten what the Cold War was REALLY about, I say this, If you forget the past you will be doomed too relive it. Is that such a bad thing? Russia has learned alot and I'll be damned happy to see Russia slap the U.S.A. with this not so new approach, espeacially after how the U.S. pulled out of the Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty, not so long ago. Russia should take that as a threat. Another threat against Vladamir Putin's resolve is how the U.S. is developing a Anti- ICBM sheild. If Russia had developed such a thing the U.S. would have flooded Russian airspace with B-52s...Remember those!!
LET THE ARMS RACE BEGIN!!~It really could not hurt Russia's national pride, and it would also go to teach a new generation what world power and dedication to The Mother Land is suppossed to be like.
Supernius wrote:
Boondock Saint wrote:I dont think more nukes is a good thing ...

It all depends on the country which owns them.

I could'nt agree more commrad! It does depend on who is at the pinicle of such power and the U.S. should not. That is not a fact but merely an opinion in which I hope we all agree.
By REDfactionFighter
Skullers wrote:it discourages normal war between countries with nukes... and i don't think any country capable of building such technology would really "cross the line" (at least any time soon)

i don't like nukes though - too much potential for terrible destruction and such :down:

Quite true, however they (nukes) still remain a formidable form of deterance and therefore are still of use, And anything that can happen will happen. That is a mathematical fact in which the universe abides by and is structured to. People without ICBMs is like, the world without people.
By KurtFF8
its interesting how leftists are supposed to be the peacefull ones....

The reason we widthdrew from that treaty is so we could develop our anti ICBM system as you said, but this world dosent need 1 more damn nuke, I dont care what you say.

Making more nukes isnt necessary for deturrance, Reminding people of what we have is enough I think.

By the way, I think we should revise the treaty.

"People without ICBMs is like, the world without people."

are you saying that its good for people to have them or just that thats the way it is.
By Adrien
The problem with nukes today is that it will be quite hard to get rid of them. It's either we all get rid of these useless weapons or we don't at all: one country alone will never want to get rid of these weapons, even a powerful one, because all the others still have theirs.

It's a vicious circle..
By KurtFF8
i understand, but there is no point in gettimg more, or having any other country getting them
By Adrien
No, there isn't any point in getting more, i agree.

But "little countries" will not accept to forget their nuclear weapons dreams because they want to compete with the big ones and be sure to be protected, another sad aspect of the problem.
By KurtFF8
^ true, but countries that demand to have nukes just to have power need new leadership
By REDfactionFighter
KurtFF8 wrote:its interesting how leftists are supposed to be the peacefull ones....

The reason we widthdrew from that treaty is so we could develop our anti ICBM system as you said, but this world dosent need 1 more damn nuke, I dont care what you say.

Making more nukes isnt necessary for deturrance, Reminding people of what we have is enough I think.

are you saying that its good for people to have them or just that thats the way it is.

I think you misunderstood me, the point I was trying to make was simply that as long as mankind is evolving we have no reason to de-evolve and/ or digress, once we have accomplished scientific greatness. When I say that 'Man without nukes is like, a world without people', what I meant was simply this; As long as the human race is around and dominant there will always be conflict...ALWAYS! And as long as there is conflict there will be weapons. And the ICBM is the most saught-after of man made weapons. There is'nt, nor will there ever be any change in that fact, so as long as people like yourself (among others like yourself) fear the almighty ICBM or Tactical-Nuclear Weapon they will always be the weapon of choice...And OPINIONS WON'T CHANGE THAT! So in conclusion, if nation states can no longer feel secure without them, they are going no where, and if they (nukes) are going no where, you might as well take advantage of the fact that they are a good deturent.It's simple logic.
By Proctor
Here's to that! :cheers:

Any weapon that reduces the number of wars can't be all bad.
By KurtFF8
REDfactionFighter wrote:
KurtFF8 wrote:its interesting how leftists are supposed to be the peacefull ones....

I think you misunderstood me, the point I was trying to make was simply that as long as mankind is evolving we have no reason to de-evolve and/ or digress, once we have accomplished scientific greatness. When I say that 'Man without nukes is like, a world without people', what I meant was simply this; As long as the human race is around and dominant there will always be conflict...ALWAYS! And as long as there is conflict there will be weapons. And the ICBM is the most saught-after of man made weapons. There is'nt, nor will there ever be any change in that fact, so as long as people like yourself (among others like yourself) fear the almighty ICBM or Tactical-Nuclear Weapon they will always be the weapon of choice...And OPINIONS WON'T CHANGE THAT! So in conclusion, if nation states can no longer feel secure without them, they are going no where, and if they (nukes) are going no where, you might as well take advantage of the fact that they are a good deturent.It's simple logic.

yeah, you misunderstud me

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]