Russian Parliament okays Red Star - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Russia okays Red Star.
http://www.News24.com/News24/World/News ... 40,00.html

04/06/2003 18:31 - (SA)

Moscow - The Russian parliament on Wednesday approved a bill reinstating the Soviet-era red star as a symbol of the armed forces featuring on its emblem alongside the tsarist-era double-headed eagle.

The bill, passed on first reading by 271 votes to 105 with two abstentions, was presented to parliament by President Vladimir Putin last November in support of a proposal by Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov.

Ivanov declared then that the star, adopted by the Bolshevik commissariat for military affairs on April 19, 1918 and worn by Red Army troops throughout World War II, was "sacred for soldiers".

The yellow-bordered red star was the ubiquitous symbol of the Red Army until the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. The Russian defence ministry's daily publication, however, never dropped the name of Krasnaya Zvezda, or Red Star.

The liberal parties opposed the return of the star, claiming it denoted an attachment to a discredited regime.

In its new design, the armed forces' emblem is to bear the Russian state's sheaf and imperial eagle, with the red star at its four corners.

On the reverse, the two-headed eagle carries a sword and a crown of laurels in its claws.

In 2001, Putin restored the former Soviet anthem with new words written by the same Soviet-era poet who had written the words to the original version.

The star is still widely visible, engraved into the masonry of many buildings and shining from the summit of Russian state power, the tops of the towers around the Kremlin walls.

The bill approving the incorporation of the red star into the army emblem is to be voted on in second reading on Friday.

It's only a matter of time before we see the infamous Hammer-and-Sickle floating over the halls of power again.:D
Last edited by Putinist on 05 Jun 2003 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
By KurtFF8
because the hammer and sickle represent communism! duh! lol
By Sovietski
u can still find alot of things with sick and hammers on them today, take my good friends passport for example wich will be used at then end of this month, its got all the nice soviet patriotic look and my visa papers still use CCCP or USSR wich is no longer true
By Vassili Zaitsev
Next thing you know they'll be re-designing the Russian Guards badges by placing red stars on them. Personally I don't like the new Russian Guards badge, it looks ugly. The transitional period Russian Guards badge (very rare) looked much better in my opinion (since it closely resembled the Soviet Guards badge).

From left to right: Soviet Guards badge. Russian transitional period Guards badge. Current Russian Guards badge.
By Yeddi
I thought the Soviet Star was reinstated ages ago... in the S-E days... :hmm:
By Krasniy Yastreb
Well let's just hope Putinist's theory of a return to communism is right, because if it isn't, the return of the red star will be just another capitalist theft from history...
u can still find alot of things with sick and hammers on them today, take my good friends passport for example wich will be used at then end of this month, its got all the nice soviet patriotic look and my visa papers still use CCCP or USSR wich is no longer true

They were never changed - and there is a good reason for that. It is the same reason why Lenin remains unburied, why the Communists regained control of the Russian Duma in 1996, and why this new is now happening - because the people, the "capitalists", the "democrats" who have controlled the Kremlin from late Gorbachev to Putin now fully intend to restore what was once taken away. It's happening today - what proof do we need that Golitsyn and Sejna were right?!
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]