China mobilizes 5 million troops - Nyquist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By KurtFF8
i hope china dosent invade tiwan, that wouldnt be cool
By uglygoat
i think they'd wait for korea to do something rash, before they went after tiawan...
By Boondock Saint
I cant see what China would gain by invading Taiwan while the US is still capable militarily. If the US pacific fleet had been sunk somewhere along the way then sure, I could see it.

Otherwise its just some men moving around, something that happens alot in China.
By Vassili Zaitsev
Maybe its in case they go to war with the Fascist Republic of North Korea.
By Gandalf
Vassili Zaitsev wrote:Maybe its in case they go to war with the Fascist Republic of North Korea.

I could see that, they take out the last big bad guy, and be the world's hero.
By Putinist
Maybe its in case they go to war with the Fascist Republic of North Korea.

Fascist North Korea?

How can an overtly Stalinist state be "fascist"? Socially fascist yes, nationalist, yes to some extent, but "fascists"?!:eek:

Besides, what did Kim Dung-hill ever do to you?:p
By The Apostate
I doubt this has any sinister purpose whatsoever. The stark reality is that major epidemics often lead to a certain degree of civil unrest. This is particularly true in a country where the Mandate of Heaven is still an ideologically potent concept. When you've got 1.2 BILLION people to police, you need a lot of troops to head off any threats to internal security.
By Putinist
I doubt this has any sinister purpose whatsoever. The stark reality is that major epidemics often lead to a certain degree of civil unrest. This is particularly true in a country where the Mandate of Heaven is still an ideologically potent concept. When you've got 1.2 BILLION people to police, you need a lot of troops to head off any threats to internal security.

So it's just Nyquist's paranoia again then?

By The Apostate
Putinist wrote:

So it's just Nyquist's paranoia again then?

I would say so, yes. Occam's Razor and all that jazz...
By Lt. Spoonman
5 million men is a large force to mobilize, even by china's inflated standards. i think that this is prob. just a way to say, "hey, look, we mobilized 5 million men relatively easily, imagine what ELSE we can do"
By Boondock Saint
At the beginning of May, due to the SARS outbreak, China has supposedly mobilized, according to one report by Wade Queen, 5 million troops.

This is the source of this thread?

With words like ... 'supposedly' and 'one report'? ...

For all we know they mobilized 5,000 troops and Wade Queen interpreted it wrong.
By Adrien
For all we know they mobilized 5,000 troops and Wade Queen interpreted it wrong.

Hehe imagine how it would be if you read one day in the paper: "China mobilize 5 millions troops at the Russian border, Third World War about to be launched!"

And then the day after: "Third World War cancelled because of a problem of translation between our reporter and the local authorities, China had only sent 5,000 soldiers to replace soldiers moving to another base."

Aaaah.. :roll:

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]