Fighting continues in Iraq ... and Afghanistan. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By El Cid
What about Afghanistan? 3 german soldiers died there last week ;\
By Boondock Saint
I dont know, what about Afghanistan?

Three Germans you say?

So when is Afghanistan gonna get rebuilt? I mean ... isnt it about time? What is the US and the rest of the world waiting for? The nation isnt gonna just spring up from the rocks ...
By Comrade Brutus
It looks as if we have nothing to fear in Afghanistan. The country my be in shambles but, It has recently been brought to my attention that Afghanistan may field athletes in the 2004 olymics :?:. It looks as if this is a political coup for dubya and his warmongering zelots. As for Iraq, dubya just finished a book about WMD's in that country, you can find it in the "FICTION" section at your local bookstore! :muha2:
By Boondock Saint
It has recently been brought to my attention that Afghanistan may field athletes in the 2004 olymics

I didnt know rock throwing was an olympic sport ...

Athletes from Afghanistan in the olympics? In 04? What ... idiocy. But then again, I guess its a token gesture so that everyone involved can pat each other on the back ...

Still ... is there any FOOD in Afghanistan? Is there any MEDICINE in Afghanistan? Hell ... is Afghanistan even under Ally control??? Kabul belongs to Karzai but thats about it ...

What a mess ...
By Comrade Brutus
That was my point exactly! How can they afford all of the necessary provisions if they can't even feed the people. Is'nt there better things to aim for in 2004?
By Adrien
The problem is exactly that no-one cares for Afghanistan anymore, and another problem is that, i think, nobody really cared for their fate when the taliban regime was kicked out... of Kabul.

It was good for the medias, it was good for the politicians, but that's about it.

We must open the world's eyes on what is really going on there and finished what we've started... that's the least we can do.

As for Iraq, dubya just finished a book about WMD's in that country, you can find it in the "FICTION" section at your local bookstore!

:lol:
By Comrade Brutus
I agree with you Comrade Adrien. Is it not ironic that CANDIDATE Bush claimed he was not in the business of nation building and as PRESIDENT he has undertaken two projects? Well comrades look at the results so far.............I guess he really was'nt in the business of nation builing after all. I mean not any good at it!
By Comrade Brutus
[quote]nobody really cared for their fate when the taliban regime was kicked out... of Kabul[quote]
I think another one of lifes little(or big) ironies is that after the 1991 Gulf War the then Bush Administration turned thier back on the Kurds in northern Iraq after inciting them to rebel against Saddam.
By Adrien
Yes, that's interesting too, but apparently they are not rancorous.
By KurtFF8
Comrade Brutus wrote:As for Iraq, dubya just finished a book about WMD's in that country, you can find it in the "FICTION" section at your local bookstore! :muha2:

!! you got that from CNN, paul bagula(sp?) on crossfire said that! make up your own stuff! lol
By KurtFF8
Comrade Brutus wrote:ok ok you got me :D

muahhahaha! lol
By Comrade Brutus
You can't ignore the latest American opperation in Iraq wich targeted forces loyal to Saddam's deposed regime. Those regimes have been toppled but, order and security are far from achieved.
By KurtFF8
Comrade Brutus wrote:You can't ignore the latest American opperation in Iraq wich targeted forces loyal to Saddam's deposed regime. Those regimes have been toppled but, order and security are far from achieved.

yup.....thats the way it works,lol
By CasX
George Bush Snr, in A World Transformed, 1998, wrote:To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab world against us and make a broken tyrant into a latter-day hero ... assigning young soldiers to a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning them to fight in what would be an un-winnable urban guerilla war. It could only plunge that part of the world into even greater instability.
By Boondock Saint
GW Sr. has been wrong before ... I couldnt care less what he has to say ... after all its his piece of shit son who has my nation .. .my wonderful glorious nation entwined with these saveages ...

If it were up to me the US would be isolationalisst to such an extent that China would think we were shy!

I hate being a citizen of the worlds only super power ... it sucks ... I would so rather be a member of some piss little hole which no one cared about ... then I wouldnt have to listen to ... blah blah blah ...

Man .. am I drunk ...

Anyway ...

This war in Iraq has several possible upsides ... remember this ... it might be the only time I openly admit to it ...

- Oil ... come on, does it take a genious?

- Western influence, imagine if we could turn Iraq into Isreal minus the Jews!

- We dont have to be nicy nice with the Saudis anymore, even if we have to opress teh Iraqi people we now have a massive centralized military base in the ME.

- The point? To wipe out Arab Muslim way of life. Thats right, to westernize it ALL!
By KurtFF8
Boondock Saint wrote:If it were up to me the US would be isolationalisst to such an extent that China would think we were shy!

Isolationists? a nation could not survive (economicly) today as being isolinationists, its a global economy and there are many resources that we need that we cannot produce enough of ourselvs, it wouldnt work.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]