50 UK cops raid homes over anti-Semitic posts on Facebook - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-18087379

I almost can't believe what I just read... even in this nuthouse age. 50 officers... because of Facebook comments. :roll: And you can tell the BBC thinks this is all just wonderful. This shows the oppressive power that Jewish organizations have in the UK to not only suppress speech that they dislike but also to sic the police and courts on anyone who disagrees with them.

I am led to believe this "oppressive power" to silence and jail people for speech is unchecked in two other Commonwealth countries - both in Canada and Australia.
Indeed, it is amusing to hear liberals speak of the horrors of authoritarian regimes, despite the fact that the current order of liberalism in Britain and elsewhere in the West actively uses coercive measures to enforce its own multicultural ideology.

All societies at all times are highly ideological, with the proles generally too apathetic or ignorant to comprehend the fact that they are living under an ideological framework and their moral prism has been defined by others.
I have nothing against implementing and enforcing laws on clear grounds. But this issue is a shady one.
I don't understand how they mean to police facebook in this manner without making a mockery of themselves and the laws they claim to be enforcing.
It would be more effective, in this instance, to simply block facebook and other social networking sites in the country and prosecute those who try to use them regardless. Perhaps set up a government run alternative where each user must register their real name and personal details for the government's pleasure.
Igor Antunov wrote:I have nothing against implementing and enforcing laws on clear grounds. But this issue is a shady one.
I don't understand how they mean to police facebook in this manner without making a mockery of themselves and the laws they claim to be enforcing.
It would be more effective, in this instance, to simply block facebook and other social networking sites in the country and prosecute those who try to use them regardless. Perhaps set up a government run alternative where each user must register their real name and personal details for the government's pleasure.

If I were a Jewish leader in the UK, I would want to distance myself from this event as much as possible, and try to make sure events like this don't make the news anymore. You can't let people think you are that paranoid about what other groups think of you, nor do you want them to know how much political and legal clout you actually exert over your host country.
Emerald Ocean wrote:I almost can't believe what I just read... even in this nuthouse age. 50 officers... because of Facebook comments. :roll: And you can tell the BBC thinks this is all just wonderful. This shows the oppressive power that Jewish organizations have in the UK to not only suppress speech that they dislike but also to sic the police and courts on anyone who disagrees with them.

I am led to believe this "oppressive power" to silence and jail people for speech is unchecked in two other Commonwealth countries - both in Canada and Australia.

More "evidence" to feed the paranoia of anti-Semites to convince them that police are in the pockets of "world Jewry". :roll:
layman wrote:Of course not. I doubt even the uber-liberals here will bother trying to defend this one.

Liberals will be against illiberal policies, such as this. That shouldn't even need to be said. This is but one event in a very dangerous slide. A lot of people going to prison for holding views these days - regardless of if their expression was actually damaging in anyway. The biggest issue is that both Labour and Conservative back these types of measures.
I think a waste of valuable police resources. Maybe the police should have just posted a comment as a warning?
"This type of page is illegal and these comments constitute hate crime under the law".

Ignorance is pervasive on the internet and using manpower to police it will be an exercise in futility. Better to spend time fighting crimes where there are victims.
Igor Antunov wrote:I have nothing against implementing and enforcing laws on clear grounds. But this issue is a shady one.

Wow, you suggest the duplication of the policy of the People's Republic of China. Big surprise coming from China Boy. :lol:
Let's not get this wrong -- this is not the Jews controlling the government but rather this is the fulfillment of the absurd liberal policies that are meant to OK all forms of poking and prodding and forcing the people to conform to their liberal world views.

This is merely liberalism as it is.
Verv wrote:Let's not get this wrong -- this is not the Jews controlling the government but rather this is the fulfillment of the absurd liberal policies

Get real. This is the opposite of liberal. afteral libre means free.
So it is what it looks like it is...
Oxymoron wrote:Jewpower!!!

more like Jew fascism

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]