US-Backed Rebels Committing Christian Genocide In Syria - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

They should not kill Christians. Under Islamic law they are not allowed to kill them as far as I know. It would be nice if Islamic movements would practice the full Islamic law which gives protection to religious minorities not only selective parts. The Caliph Umar Ibn Al-Khattab protected the Christians when the Muslims conquered Palestine. There is even a Hadith which prevents the killing of civilians. I do not see how it benefits them to do so either, because stories come out like this which lower their moral appeal.
I wouldn't be surprised if some rebels will do indeed target Christians in Syria. And it has nothing to do with American "support" of the rebels (the "support" is theoretical at best). In reality, it has to do with animosity towards Christians in ALL Muslim-dominated lands (no exception) where violence plays a role. And no matter who wins the civil war in Syria, then you can bet your ass there will be repercussions and retributions by the winning side. But the same has happened in EVERY conflict which was based on religious and/or ethnic grounds, so this one is not particularly special so let's not blame America for it.
Also, if anything, the rebels are mainly backed by the Sunni Arab Gulf states who are the initial supporters and financiers of the rebel forces in Syria. And they are not doing this as a "pawn" of American imperial agenda, but because they perceive Assad's Alawites as oppressors of the Sunni majority in Syria. In a way, Syrian conflict is a much darker shade of Yemen and further shows the declining influence of Shiites in the Islamic world. Even Sunni-dominated Hamas told Assad to go fuck himself (pardon the language).

So this may work well in the favour of America's geopolitical interests but its wrong to assume that Americans are actively funding and supporting the rebels in Syria considering the serious opposition to the support of rebels back in USA. Even I have serious question marks with regards to the possible outcomes of the conflict if the rebels do win. Its all up to Assad to come up with the proper solution to the conflict that will satisfy all Syrian groups, but unfortunately Assad considers no compromise here (mostly due to certain foreign nations who are propping his regime to stay in power).
Ideational Ontarian wrote:That article is pulled from a blog at http://www.lewrockwell.com/ which is full of utter nonsense and conspiracy theories.

As usual, I didn't have to scroll far through the posts succeeding another bombastic story posted by FRS to see someone exposing the fragile support it rests on.

Far-Right Sage wrote:That in no way discredits the statements of Catholic Mother Agnes Miriam in her report over Irish radio about the FSA-rats systematically committing atrocities against Christians in Homs.

No, but the Jesuits of Homs do:
http://www.fides.org/en/news/31262?idne ... ZEQt8p0ncw

But since you value the word of Christian nuns so much, here's a nun implicating Assad:
[youtube]W8MKWPn9_NU[/youtube]

Igor Antunov wrote:And Damascus:

The funeral was targeted because it was a funeral of Assad supporters by Assad supporters. Not saying that targeting it was legit, but it was not because of their religion as you imply.

Here's also something of interest:
[youtube]VNH97hFpLuo[/youtube]

[youtube]XvU_y3vZrZc[/youtube]
Shockingly, the once Catholic-friendly National Review, which to its credit broke the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung story that the Houla massacre was carried out by the rebels, published a piece by writers affiliated with Daniel Pipes' Middle East Forum and the Israel-based GLORIA Center ridiculing the Catholic Mother Agnes Miriam as an Assad propagandist.

Now that Daniel Pipes has been brought up, I feel compelled to ask Israelis how they feel about all this. Yes, Assad is a rat-bastard but with the looming possibility of Islamists taking over... I'm just saying the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
Magnetonium wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if some rebels will do indeed target Christians in Syria. And it has nothing to do with American "support" of the rebels (the "support" is theoretical at best). In reality, it has to do with animosity towards Christians in ALL Muslim-dominated lands (no exception) where violence plays a role. And no matter who wins the civil war in Syria, then you can bet your ass there will be repercussions and retributions by the winning side. But the same has happened in EVERY conflict which was based on religious and/or ethnic grounds, so this one is not particularly special so let's not blame America for it.

Magnet, the regime in Syria has never targeted Christians for their faith- to the contrary, being a minority themselves the Alawis rather respect other religious minorities. After all, they are sometimes accused of being crypto-christians, but also of worshipping the stars, and even to have retained ancient hellenic cults etc... I don't know on what all this is based, but the bottom line is that for the mainstream muslims they are heretics.
Being a heretic is something much more offensive, in their view, than being an infidel Christian or Jew.

This is why historically Alawis had the worse and most dicriminated status in pre-colonial Syria, and explain their current attitudes given that most Sunnis haven't changed their mindsets.
In fact, when you study the history of Islam, you see that the conflicts between the different branches within Islam were by far the prime source of recurrent violence and perpetual wars in the region. Pogroms against Christians, Jews, even the Crusades all that pale in comparison.
This historical situation is reflected in Syria right now; so far most of the casualties are to be found among alawis, shias and the sunni populations- many Christians have been targeted and a lot lost their lives, but you get the feeling that they aren't the priority now. Though with Al Qaeda on board, this should only be a question of time if it is left unchecked.

On a side note, I must recall that the video of so called Christian rebels is a fake that never resurfaced, but admittedly quite a funny one. I mean the cross on the laptop looks badass
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]